Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,709 members, 7,862,247 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:13 PM

Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station (12604 Views)

Tell Your Husband To Address Hunger, Insecurity - Emir Of Kano To Remi Tinubu / Amaechi: Kano-Maradi Rail Contractor To Build University In Rivers / Ghana Becomes Nigeria’s Biggest Trade Partner After Border Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by obailala(m): 9:07am On Feb 22, 2022
The crowd of people wailing about the north, north and north on this thread should please save us the noise. Is the north not a part of Nigeria? The last time I checked, the only existing railway built by this administration is in the SW, and with the time left, the Lagos-Ibadan rail will end up being the only railway built in 8 years by this admin. Anything else is just but a proposal in paper.

For people talking about the SE, the railways with connect all of Nigeria in due course; it clearly cant all be done in a day:

- OBJ (SW) built the first standard gauge rail between Warri (SS) and Ajaokuta (NC). No one called for or is calling for OBJ's head for not building it in their region.
- GEJ (SS) built the second standard gauge rail in Nigeria between Abuja (NC) and Kaduna (NW). Similarly, no one called or is calling for GEJ's head for not building it in their region, and neither is anyone accusing GEJ of marginalising anyone.
- PMB (NW) has just built one, just one standard gauge rail between Lagos (SW) and Ibadan (SW) and all hell is let loose with lamentations on why he isnt building rails in all regions of Nigeria at the same time.

And for those accusing Amaechi of not diverting a railway to PH as though he is the president of Nigeria, can Amaechi really do anything other than what his boss has asked him to do?
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by Basic123: 9:09am On Feb 22, 2022
Mooh247:

Una Sabi wail about everything

The first standard guarge in Nigeria connects Ibadan Abeokuta and Lagos and it's operational in Southern Nigeria while North still uses old narrow gauge

Don't mind the fool
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by BERNIMOORE: 9:13am On Feb 22, 2022
Taiggarr:

You are a very stupid boy..

A wicked soul...to yourself and your family..

What has Jagaban gats to do with this

Nairaland has a sea of MORONIC mental.cases...

Kitikpa lacha ohu nne gi..

This one get Parents??
psychiatric YabaLeft straight...
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by Basic123: 9:17am On Feb 22, 2022
BERNIMOORE:
Maybe you can let's reason together the sorry state of roads connecting the two capital cities of Nigeria Lagos and Abuja, and see if we can connect this two cities what we stand to gain will be massive compare to what we shall gain by connecting with marradi in Niger....Trailers with no longer spoil our roads again because they will have their couches on rail easy and cost efficient with massive economic boost but this present politician lack functional brain
I tell you. Other developed country will do that first
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by stickle(m): 9:23am On Feb 22, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
Southeasteners are the most travelled people of Nigeria.
The number of luxurious bus, hummer bus and sienna leaving and entering SE on daily basis can attest to that.
Yet SE wasn't among the prioritized in the rail project.
Our government don't consider data to establish things. It's purely political considerations. But be rest assured that whatever promise that is being made now will not come to fruition because time is not in their favour
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by prophetfire: 9:29am On Feb 22, 2022
Omicron007:
shocked. Why is the fool not doing anything down south?

Amaechi is one of the very few I'd queue from 8:00AM to 8:00PM to vote for.
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by Geeman2006: 9:32am On Feb 22, 2022
yanabasee:
Every outstanding development is going to the North..... While minor development comes to the south.....

Funny how Northerners think it is the other way round..
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by Taiggarr: 9:36am On Feb 22, 2022
BERNIMOORE:
psychiatric YabaLeft straight...

It was same with your late WRETCHED ILLITERATE father....
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by BERNIMOORE: 9:41am On Feb 22, 2022
Taiggarr:

It was same with your late WRETCHED ILLITERATE father....
your own father was an in.becile Asinwin..
Imagine your father was tied with rope dragged like a criminal and chained to a pole very close to the market. People wee on him. Its in your family DNA
Oloorun grin
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by ozo13(m): 10:02am On Feb 22, 2022
aribisala0:
Nothing for Port Harcourt.
I wonder what he will tell the Niger Delta people when he returns?
i tot there is functional rail between delta and itakpe in kogi state
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by aribisala0(m): 10:14am On Feb 22, 2022
ozo13:
i tot there is functional rail between delta and itakpe in kogi state
What do they do in Itakpe?
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by CSTRR: 10:18am On Feb 22, 2022
Mooh247:

According to statistics Lagos Ibadan is the busiest express way in Nigeria, second to Kano - Kaduna - Abuja

Economic feasibility of the rails were conducted by the Chinese before approving loans to fund the project and they started with the best and economical

Connecting Lagos-Abeokuta- ibadan- Ilorin- Abuja Kaduna- Kano all the way to Niger Republic means Lagos seaport (Apapa Warf, tincan island , Ibeju Lekki deep sea port and Proposed Badagry port would Service the entire Northern Nigeria, Chad and Niger Republic making billions in revenue annually

Actually this is a big lie.

According to independent statistics, the most viable rails are the lagos-onitsha(Calabar), followed by the Lagos -ibadan.

The Kano-maradi rail is not feasible at all and the Chinese did not want to fund it.

That is why the govt is seeking external funding from Europe.

Niger republic is not going to leave the Benin republic port for Lagos.
This is Francophile politics.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by drmuchin: 10:52am On Feb 22, 2022
Amaechi
True King in the North
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by ozo13(m): 10:58am On Feb 22, 2022
aribisala0:
What do they do in Itakpe?
my point is passengers are using train from delta to itakpe.someone in my dept confirmed she use it while coming from delta all the way to the North.she stop over in itakpe and continued her journey.
Itakpe contains iron ore i think
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by aribisala0(m): 11:00am On Feb 22, 2022
ozo13:
my point is passengers are using train from delta to itakpe.someone in my dept confirmed she use it while coming from delta all the way to the North.she stop over in itakpe and continued her journey.
Itakpe contains iron ore i think
How many passengers a day?
You really do not have a point.

Who goes to Itakpe?
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by asanausana91: 11:28am On Feb 22, 2022
yanabasee:
Every outstanding development is going to the North..... While minor development comes to the south.....
mentioned the minor development going to the South.
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by Funnyman: 11:33am On Feb 22, 2022
Mooh247:

According to statistics Lagos Ibadan is the busiest express way in Nigeria, second to Kano - Kaduna - Abuja

Economic feasibility of the rails were conducted by the Chinese before approving loans to fund the project and they started with the best and economical

Connecting Lagos-Abeokuta- ibadan- Ilorin- Abuja Kaduna- Kano all the way to Niger Republic means Lagos seaport (Apapa Warf, tincan island , Ibeju Lekki deep sea port and Proposed Badagry port would Service the entire Northern Nigeria, Chad and Niger Republic making billions in revenue annually

its either you say Kano - Kaduna or Kaduna- Abuja. You cant lump three major towns together. However, you are actually wrong with your statistics. The busiest road in Nigeria will be contested between Lagos-Ibadan expressway and Abuja - Lokoja expressway.
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by ozo13(m): 11:33am On Feb 22, 2022
aribisala0:
How many passengers a day?
You really do not have a point.

Who goes to Itakpe?
this are the people enjoying the train making enquires from each other.
So i dont know exactly what ur point is.are u telling me it jus to move billet or iron ore.
The last time i checked neither ajaokuta steel as well the Delta steel company are productive.and itakpe is meant to supply both side iron ore which is the raw material for steel production.
So for now they move passengers majorly.
So i ask again what exactly is ur point About the train moving from Delta to kogi state.

Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by ProudImolite: 11:47am On Feb 22, 2022
Power must go to the Eastern corridor of power by fire or by force in 2023, it is just that I don't understand the people of the North East. See how North West and South West always cooperate. The North East and South East should also cooperate and bring developments to their respective region. The Eastern Corridor must be revived, the North East should support a South East president since we are coming from a northern president. When the South East is done, they must also vigorously support a North East presidency. Pls only people from the North East and South East should reply me
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by aribisala0(m): 11:49am On Feb 22, 2022
ozo13:
this are the people enjoying the train making enquires from each other.
So i dont know exactly what ur point is.are u telling me it jus to move billet or iron ore.
The last time i checked neither ajaokuta steel as well the Delta steel company are productive.and itakpe is meant to supply both side iron ore which is the raw material for steel production.
So for now they move passengers majorly.
So i ask again what exactly is ur point About the train moving from Delta to kogi state.

Go back and trace how we got here. The point in the context of building the largest train station in Kano and planning a rail track to Niger Republic is what has he done for the Niger Delta? and you are talking about Itakpe? How does that benefit the Niger Delta. How many people go to Itakpe?

So YOUR point is Amaechi can proudly go to the Niger Delta and say "
"after 8 years as Minister I gave you a train to Itakpe , Am I not great?" let us pop champagne"!!

No trains connecting Port Harcourt his capital to anywhere

Does Port Harcourt or the Niger Delta not deserve the equivalent of Abuja to Kaduna?
Why Not Lagos to Benin Why not Port Harcourt to Aba or Uyo
Why Not Warri to Asaba?

There are six state capitals in the Niger Delta . Has he connected any of them by train?
University of Transport in Daura? Why?

Here you are telling me rubbish about Itakpe

Last week he was turbanned in Daura
Has he done anything in the Niger Delta that would make anyone turban him?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by Kfed4ril(m): 11:59am On Feb 22, 2022
HarunaWest:
That you see those of the ibos doesn't mean the other regions dont have theirs. Infact it will shock you to know that majority of stakeholders in the transport sectors arent igbos. Just try and find out via google the owners of the major transport companies in Nigeria and you will be shocked. All regions of Nigeria travel alot. There will be a standard gauge rail line that will connect all parts of Nigeria. The government only felt that working on that of the south west and north should be priority due to the inflow of passengers by their estimate. Eventually, the rail line in warri will be connected to the east and the one in itakpke will be extended to Abuja, then Kaduna. The major issue they are having now is building bridges over rivers Niger and rivers Benue...Its quite capital intensive

Name them top 20 biggest transports in Nigeria and their region.
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by aribisala0(m): 12:06pm On Feb 22, 2022
ProudImolite:
Power must go to the Eastern corridor of power by fire or by force in 2023, it is just that I don't understand the people of the North East. See how North West and South West always cooperate. The North East and South East should also cooperate and bring developments to their respective region. The Eastern Corridor must be revived, the North East should support a South East president since we are coming from a northern president. When the South East is done, they must also vigorously support a North East presidency. Pls only people from the North East and South East should reply me
We have moved beyond talking about regions. We are now at the point of names and what they bring to the table. Who are we talking about? Names? Or that does not matter as long as they come from the preferred region
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by aribisala0(m): 12:07pm On Feb 22, 2022
Kfed4ril:

Name them top 20 biggest transports in Nigeria and their region.
You name them
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by Tareq1105: 12:33pm On Feb 22, 2022
yanabasee:

Amaechi has dust in his head.

Can anyone tell me why this Amaechi of a man is not interested in Lagos-Abuja rails?

We've been talking about it since the beginning of this government.

Lagos-Abuja will generate huge revenue and pay itself going by the number of air flights and buses to and fro Lagos to Abuja daily.

Any reasonable government would want to do something about the route.

He's not even talking about PH connecting East West road to Abuja rather he's concerned about Kano.

I don't know what he will tell his people when he's out of office next year.
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by Kfed4ril(m): 12:53pm On Feb 22, 2022
aribisala0:
You name them

I’m not the person that claimed that the biggest transporter aren’t easterner.
So bank up your claim by naming them.
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by Taiggarr: 1:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
BERNIMOORE:
My own father was an in.becile Asinwin..
Can you imagine that my father was tied with rope dragged like a criminal and chained to a pole very close to the market in our village. People wee on him. Its in our family's DNA
Oloorun grin

WHAAAT
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by aribisala0(m): 1:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
Kfed4ril:

I’m not the person that claimed that the biggest transporter aren’t easterner.
So bank up your claim by naming them.
No you claimed they are the onus is on you to back it up one does not prove a negative that is Logic 101

If you say that John is a thief and I say he is not .I do not have to prove he is not you have to prove he is

Ei incumbio probatio qui dicit non qui negat

It is incumbent on the one who declares to prove not he who denies
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by AchalugoNwa(f): 1:02pm On Feb 22, 2022
[s]
omenkaLives:
And South Easterners inly started travelling after APC assumed power. In 16 years of misrule by the devil's brigade, pdp, South Easterners had no use for trains since they remained in their villages.

E remain Jesus wey una go ask APC for, the same people that saw absolutely nothing wrong with pdp giving them NOTHING.

Nonsense.
[/s]
Shut up attachee should not be by force
stop attaching yourself to south west
you're a bloody minority
focus on Benue state and speak against fulani herdsmen killing your people even for once.
South East mata nọ concern you
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by BERNIMOORE: 1:41pm On Feb 22, 2022
Taiggarr:

WHAAAT
so you're tired, you can replace that again...
BERNIMOORE:
your own father was an in.becile Asinwin..
Imagine your father was tied with rope dragged like a criminal and chained to a pole very close to the market. People wee on him. Its in your family DNA
Oloorun grin
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by ozo13(m): 1:44pm On Feb 22, 2022
aribisala0:

Go back and trace how we got here. The point in the context of building the largest train station in Kano and planning a rail track to Niger Republic is what has he done for the Niger Delta? and you are talking about Itakpe? How does that benefit the Niger Delta. How many people go to Itakpe?

So YOUR point is Amaechi can proudly go to the Niger Delta and say "
"after 8 years as Minister I gave you a train to Itakpe , Am I not great?" let us pop champagne"!!

No trains connecting Port Harcourt his capital to anywhere

Does Port Harcourt or the Niger Delta not deserve the equivalent of Abuja to Kaduna?
Why Not Lagos to Benin Why not Port Harcourt to Aba or Uyo
Why Not Warri to Asaba?

There are six state capitals in the Niger Delta . Has he connected any of them by train?
University of Transport in Daura? Why?

Here you are telling me rubbish about Itakpe

Last week he was turbanned in Daura
Has he done anything in the Niger Delta that would make anyone turban him?
i think u jus like complaining .he is jus a minister for Gods sake and receive orders from his supervisors and superior(ie the president).i like giving ppl benefit of doubt.if the decision start and ends at his table , am very sure he will likely do better than he has done for his people already.with ur very same point, we can as well blame Jonathan cos he was jus the president few years ago and never opened up his region to other places.but Like i said i will still not blame Jonathan cos of the political challenges he too was facing.
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by aribisala0(m): 1:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
ozo13:
i think u jus like complaining .he is jus a minister for Gods sake and receive orders from his supervisors and superior(ie the president).i like giving ppl benefit of doubt.if the decision start and ends at his table , am very sure he will likely do better than he has done for his people already.with ur very same point, we can as well blame Jonathan cos he was jus the president few years ago and never opened up his region to other places.but Like i said i will still not blame Jonathan cos of the political challenges he too was facing.
When you lose the argument make it personal .Works a treat

I just like complaining.
Who am I ? I am not relevant.

He does not have to do the job. He is there as a Minister from Rivers state. What has he done for his people? The answer is NOTHING.

That is all there is to it.

Why did he accept the Turbanning? He was turbanned because of his activities as a Minister.
He could easily resign if the orders do not pay his people. Are you saying he cannot persuade hs boss to do anything for the Niger Delta?

The question is has he done anything for the Niger Delta that would make them turban him when he returns

Uyo Asaba Yenagoa Benin Calabar and Port Harcourt do not deserve rail connectivity?
Re: Amaechi: Kano To Host Nigeria’s Biggest Rail Station by Taiggarr: 2:16pm On Feb 22, 2022
BERNIMOORE:
My father was an in.becile Asinwin..
Imagine my father was tied with rope dragged like a criminal and chained to a pole very close to the market in my village. People wee on him. Its in our family DNA

I don hear...Must you repeat it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola: Debts Incurred Under Buhari Justifiable / Equity Demands Presidency Goes To North In PDP – Senator Ekpenyong / Boko Haram Kills 1,100 Since Being ‘technically Defeated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.