Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,779 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:13 PM

The Young Minister - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Young Minister (164 Views)

Dear Young Minister / Battle For The Young By Gbile Akanni / Special Interview With Minister Nathy Jay, A Young Minister Help By God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Young Minister by Johndickson500(m): 6:33am On Feb 23, 2022
THE YOUNG MINISTER:
Judges 16:20
And she said, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself. And he wist not that the LORD was departed from him.

DON’T TRADE IT:
One of the sad stories in the Bible is the story of Samson, his exploits, fame, mistakes and eventual death.
Despite all his mistakes, careless activities and lack of spiritual exercises, God tolerated all of that and kept His presence with him until he traded the token of his calling.

Every impact driven minister knows and understands a certain token of covenant between his ministry and God. (If you are yet to discover yours please ask for it at the place of prayer of enquiry). God may tolerate all your weaknesses and Misbehaviours but will never turn blind eye go against that token. It’s your staff of office. The day you break that token, your ministry takes a detour.

This token is a mystery that sustains
ministries and ministers.

Sometimes you wonder why people are getting so much results despite not preaching, teaching, praying and fasting like others, sir/ma, there’s an invisible token working behind the scenes.

This is why you MUST NEVER envy peoples’ results or criticize them on the ground of what you think you know as a reason why they shouldn’t have that kind of result.

For instance, my wife and I slept over at Canaan land yesterday night to this Monday and were part of the CHoP this morning. To our surprise, Papa and mama Oyedepo were already seated in the hall before we arrived for a 5:30am prayer.

The question I asked myself was, “How many 68 year olds with such global impact and effects can dutifully come that early to pray with just few people instead of having his prayer in his house and allowing others pray the general prayer?” There’s something he heard that keeps that drive on. Incidentally it’s not taught in Bible schools or conferences.

Listen!
Refuse to do ministry with just patterns, skills and fire, locate the token of your calling and latch unto it.

You can borrow skills, generate fire and tweak patterns but you can’t borrow TOKENS. Tokens differ from one minister or ministry to another.

This is why it’s suicidal to join others in misbehaving in ministry or take decisions they took on the ground of sentiments when you don’t know the covenant token shielding them. You may never survive what they survived.

Many times, as you grow in results and impact in ministry, the enemy will come for your token at almost every level. BE SENSITIVE!

So what is a token?
A token is usually that word or instruction you had during your encounter before coming into ministry. It’s not your mandate but it is usually given to undergirds the mandate.

Examples:
1. You must never engage in strife or bitterness with anyone.

2. You must live a life of sacrifice.

3. You must never take titles.

4. You should walk closely with your spouse.

5. You must never engage in fornication or adultery.

6. You are not called to pioneer a fresh work.

7. Never engage in church politics or play game in ministry.

8. I need hundred percent of your attention in this assignment.

9. You must treat everyone around you with honour.

10. You must take out so so time off every month, quarter etc to stay with me.

The list can go on.

Many times, young ministers forget such instructions but keep wandering why things are not working despite all their efforts in ministry.

Look at this,
If the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do? Psalm 11:3.

The Bible did not say, what can the sinner do?
So it’s possible to be righteous and still be helpless.

May God give you understanding!

Hope this helps?

John Emmanuel Dickson

Facebook is Evangelist John Emmanuel

(1) (Reply)

Why You Need The Holy Spirit / Join RCCG City Of Champions March Thanksgiving Service / The Bread Of Life: The Inestimable Joy And Unquantifiable Wisdom That Come From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.