Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Is The Macbook Worth It? Pls I Need Validations. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is The Macbook Worth It? Pls I Need Validations. (1146 Views)

Should I Buy The Macbook Pro M2 Now Or Wait For M3 ? / Is Studying Computer Science In A Public Nigeria University Worth It / How To Add Custom Validations Before Order Placement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Macbook Worth It? Pls I Need Validations. by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 23, 2022
Someone wants to sell a neatly used MacBook Pro for 50k for me.
The model is MacBook 2011, 4gb RAM, 512 gb HDD, core i5.
Please is it worth the price? What other specifications should I look at for in the system?

PS: I have 2 good personal laptops (hp probook and folio) plus even an iMac but I’m looking at starting iOS development pretty soon that’s why I intend to get this to startup my journey.
Re: Is The Macbook Worth It? Pls I Need Validations. by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 23, 2022
Re: Is The Macbook Worth It? Pls I Need Validations. by Codedboy95(m): 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2022
If the laptop works well, paying 50k for it is a good deal
Re: Is The Macbook Worth It? Pls I Need Validations. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 23, 2022
I'm not sure a decade old MacBook pro with slow old gen ram and HDD can run the latest Xcode and emulators but for 50k, well you're not losing much

However if you can, then a 2015 or 2017 would be better. If you have more then go for a used M1 air

1 Like

Re: Is The Macbook Worth It? Pls I Need Validations. by Nobody: 6:34am On Feb 24, 2022
DrLevi:
I'm not sure a decade old MacBook pro with slow old gen ram and HDD can run the latest Xcode and emulators but for 50k, well you're not losing much

However if you can, then a 2015 or 2017 would be better. If you have more then go for a used M1 air
I intend to increase the RAM to 8 and hard drive to 1TB. Thanks for your contribution
Re: Is The Macbook Worth It? Pls I Need Validations. by BlaqFaze: 6:45am On Feb 24, 2022
You won't like the experience of using an 11 years old MacBook...
Re: Is The Macbook Worth It? Pls I Need Validations. by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 24, 2022
BlaqFaze:
You won't like the experience of using an 11 years old MacBook...
Thank you.
Re: Is The Macbook Worth It? Pls I Need Validations. by Millerules(m): 8:15am On Feb 25, 2022
Get a more recent Mac or save up till you can.
Re: Is The Macbook Worth It? Pls I Need Validations. by cringeAlpha: 11:49pm On Mar 03, 2022
Yes.

(1) (Reply)

Vb6 Programming / Android App Developer That No About Webservice Come In And Help / Please Could Someone Answer This Question For Me??/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.