Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Be Gentle, Mama! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Be Gentle, Mama! (156 Views)

Biography Of Wizkid’s Third Baby Mama, Jada Pollock Aka Jada Styles / “gentle Care Hair Growth Treatment Serum Contains 100% Natural Ingredients” / Trailer Carrying Mama Gold Flour Turns Over In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Gentle, Mama! by muskanmuffleit: 1:14pm On Feb 23, 2022
When we become mothers and fathers I feel like the thing that we never do is to be gentle to ourselves. It’s totally the opposite; we’re so hard on ourselves every single day. To the time we wake up to the time we go to sleep.

I see this in my own home, I see this with my best friends, I see this with moms I just know around, I see this with all the mamas on social media, I see this everywhere. Most of the parents I know are working so damn hard to give their best and, they (including me) don’t feel is the best.

Know More: does lard go bad

Is my kid eating enough healthy food? Is my eating too much junk? Is my kid watching too much TV? Does my kid know enough for his age? Does he/she know enough words? Is my kid normal (trust me, everyone asked that a few times)?

Is my kid happy? Does she/he needs to eat more? Less? Am I doing a good job? Am I a good mom? Am I teaching he/she enough? Am I spending quality time with my kid? Am I crazy? Am I going to go crazy? Am I going to survive? Is my kid going to survive?

IMG_8223

If you asked any of those things, the answer is probably YES. And you know what? It’s OK! Parenthood is like this and we need to learn it’s ok. Some days we rock and some days we suck.
Some days our kids eat too much junk and the next they eat are super healthy. Some days they have a little bit of more screen than usual and some days they don’t have it at all.

And you know what, its OK! It’s OK! It’s OK! I can guarantee (and I’m saying that to myself too) that if your kid have cookie for dinner one day, everyone is going to survive and it will be just fine.

We need to cut ourselves some slack and don’t be so hard on ourselves every single day. We need to enjoy parenthood and not just feel guilty for doing or not doing this or that.

Keep Knowing: ocean seafood restaurant

We do not want to look back when our kids are older out and about, and see this time of our lives with so much stress and struggle that we brought on ourselves. Kids are, in general, stressful already and we don’t want to add more on that. We shouldn’t. So that’s it, mama… be gentle on yourself today! Be gentle! It’s OK. �

(1) (Reply)

Learning 6 Digital Skills With Just N2,000 Doesn't Happen Everyday. / Enjoying A Night Out With The Dating Girls / The Love Of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.