Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,252 members, 7,953,942 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:30 AM

Are We Kpatakpatously Finished? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Kpatakpatously Finished? (223 Views)

Nigeria Is Finished If Buhari Remains For Another 4 Years - Peter Obi / PDP Is Finished If They Nominate Tambuwal Or Kwankwaso As Presidential Bearer / See How Atiku Finished Professor Osibanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are We Kpatakpatously Finished? by ogashman(m): 8:58pm On Feb 23, 2022
This question was necessitated by the way prices of things have been going up in the past 2years.

Virtually, the prices of every commodity and services out there have gone up above 100%.

And nobody is saying anything.
Nobody is being held responsible. We are just sitting ducks pretending we re not affected but groaning deep down under the weight of our increased spending.

While we were still complaining about hike in prices of foodstuffs, they introduced scarcity of fuel which skyrocketed transport fares. Imagine fares doubling within a space of one month.

The worst is that salaries and wages remain constant in the face of increasing prices.

No be die person dey so?

That's why I'm asking if Nigeria has been finished Kpatakpatously by her leaders.
Re: Are We Kpatakpatously Finished? by Tianamen1: 10:10pm On Feb 23, 2022
ME RANTING

if you go through my previous comments, you will see that i have been screaming on Nairaland since 2016 about what is happening now and what may still happen in the coming months. Nigerians simply do not want to listen.

I work at a University and for the federal government, but I have practically abandoned the country I love to start afresh abroad, because I fear that all that has happened so far is a joke as compared to what may start to happen as from next month. I mean "March" to be precise.

BACK TO YOUR TOPIC

what is responsible for what is happening in Nigeria is demographic changes, we have much more people in the employable age and at the same time these people are much more qualified (on paper at least) than at any time since independence.

we are selling fewer barrels of crude so the governments income is reducing as the number of people to plan for is increasing.

the private sector (services) is growing but because Nigerians spend a lot on foreign luxuries, the Naira is under constant pressure.

the solution to these issues is local manufacturing combined with proper family planning but our politicians are either to shortsighted to make the policy decisions that must occur for this to happen or are to dumb to understand that we are approaching a cliff.

these things however are long term solutions. as at march, most developed countries will start to fight inflation in their local domains. this action occurred in the early 80's and sort of precipitated in the over 8000 percent devaluation of the naira against the dollar. Nigeria needs to listen to the IMF, fight inflation by increasing interest rates even though this may lead to another recession. Nigeria also needs to get foreign loans to buffer our foreign reserves as the main battle in the coming months will be with preserving the value of the naira. issuing Naira by the CBN for subsidies will be suicide as the extra naira will pursue fewer dollars leading to the further collapse of the naira.

what I am trying to say is that like the recent NETFLICKS movie, Don't Look Up, Nigerians are quickly approaching their ultimate demise and are acting as if nothing is happening and nothing is approaching. it is maddening.

advice for you. if you must be in Nigeria, go into some form of farming because food prices are going to keep rising. no matter where you work, you just have to find away to grow or rare some of your food.

advice to Nigeria for the longer term. raise taxes on the rich and fund basic education. it is as simple as this.

good luck.

sorry for any typo's

(1) (Reply)

Soludo Ready To Set Forth At Dawn As March 17th Draws Closer / President Buhari Has Finally Signed The Electoral Act Bill. / Insurgency: FG Will Take Care Of You, Osinbajo Assures Borno Returnees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.