Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,946 members, 7,863,348 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:58 PM

Transport Workers Are Against Fuel Scarcity, Not Price Increment (proof) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transport Workers Are Against Fuel Scarcity, Not Price Increment (proof) (135 Views)

Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral / NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike / No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Transport Workers Are Against Fuel Scarcity, Not Price Increment (proof) by Ademola47(m): 7:48am On Feb 24, 2022
The last couple of days has made me realise that most independent workers in the transportation industry are not against fuel price increment per SE, but against scarcity - unavailability!

In fact, in practical sense, they are happy deep down about the price increment.

To put it into perspective, let me narrate two experiences I had last week.

Firstly, I was traveling from Ibadan (Iwo Road precisely) to Lagos (Berger). Before the fuel scarcity, it used to be #1,200 for bus and #2,000 for car (Sienna). Last Saturday, bus was charging #1,500 and car #2,500 making #300 and #500 increment for the car and bus respectively. When I asked the bus conductor why the 25% hike, he said that they bought fuel at #170 (instead of the hitherto official #162) and had to adjust fare. Imagine adding #300 because of #8 increase in fuel price.

Second experience was from Berger to Agege. It used to be #150 for that mini bus (Korope) and #100 for big bus. That same day, the mini bus increased its price to #300 and #200 for big bus. That's 100% increment. They blamed it on fuel scarcity again saying they bought fuel at 180 (black market, I guess).

Now, let's do the Maths.
If fuel was sold @ #162/litre, and going from Berger to Agege consumed 1.2 litres, that's roughly #195. If they carried 7 passengers that paid 150 each, what will be left (before settling Agberos and other expenses) will be #850.

Now, if the fuel price increased to 200/litre, the same 1.2 litres will still be used, that's #240. If they carried 7 passengers that paid #300 each, then 1,800 will be left before Agbero and other deduction.

CONCLUSION
To maximize profit, the transport workers want price increment (at the excess of the masses) after all, they are not the one to suffer the budden of inflation. The passengers will. What they don't like is having to queue for hours at fuel stations.

I know government is meant to do its part, but our people too are not helping situation.

1 Like

Re: Transport Workers Are Against Fuel Scarcity, Not Price Increment (proof) by donbachi(m): 7:55am On Feb 24, 2022
Op,get time.....if u like use sine,cosine and tangent to prove it mathematically.

Nigerians like to make use of every opportunty to make quick money.and wen price of things done go up.its hard to come down.
Re: Transport Workers Are Against Fuel Scarcity, Not Price Increment (proof) by Vasically: 8:05am On Feb 24, 2022
Hmm those old mofos wants to make our life miserable

(1) (Reply)

I Have A Burden For This / Governor Uzodinma Is Responsible For Election Rigging In Imo - Group To INEC / BBIGN Ward Four Sogho Felicitates With Her Advisory's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.