Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter (42615 Views)

Tanzania Shuts Down 5 Hydroelectric Stations To Reduce Excess Electricity / Nations Who Have Banned Russian Planes From Their Skies (Full List) / Russia ‘shoots Down 50 Planes And Missiles’ During Massive War Games(Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 24, 2022
thinkmoney:

Ok, but that original comment presented Ukraine one of the primary belligerent as a nuclear power nation. Its misleading

My original comment has been modified for clarity sake.
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:01am On Feb 24, 2022
Quelme:
if you can discuss without insults stop quoting please. By your logic, NATO is defensive. But how come they bombed all those countries I listed without any first attack from them
That was why i Said do you know the reason for that?
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by Quelme: 10:03am On Feb 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

That was why i Said do you know the reason for that?
you are shifting the goal post oga. Whatever reasons, those nation are a sovereign state, yes or no? They even did it with impunity, wiith UN mandate....
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by udemzyudex(m): 10:07am On Feb 24, 2022
Raph82:
Hmmmn! is Ukraine ready for this? they can't go head on with Russia as far as war is concerned. If it happens, US may not be there in the middle of the fight, I don't trust them for anything. They shouldn't start what they can't finish.

What sort of nonsense talk is this,they should fold their hands and watch Russia invade them or what are you trying to say?
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:08am On Feb 24, 2022
Quelme:
you are shifting the goal post oga. Whatever reasons, those nation are a sovereign state, yes or no? They even did it with impunity, wiith UN mandate....
You first have to tell me the reasons for the USA doing what they did before we can get into a proper discussion..
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by faste: 10:09am On Feb 24, 2022
goodnija:

You seems to lack understanding of the conflict. Ukraine will defend their territorial integrity. There is nothing like self destruction. The self destruct is if they do nothing, just like Nigerian Citizen that have left the few political elite do destroy the country.
Pls read on the history of Russian and the Cold War.
Exactly,coward Nigerians have allowed the view elites destroy their country and are poking nose into Russian -Ukraine game .Let them face front!!!Shame!!!¡
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by techWriter3: 10:11am On Feb 24, 2022
Slowly, a invasion is nesting
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by Quelme: 10:12am On Feb 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You first have to tell me the reasons for the USA doing what they did before we can get into a proper discussion..
still shifting the goal.... I rest my case...

Panama

Cuba

Venezuela

Syria

North Korea

Yugoslavia

Libya

Afghanistan

Vietnam

Kosovo

Somalia

Iraq...

Hope you know that shit... The list is endless...
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:12am On Feb 24, 2022
Quelme:
still shifting the goal.... I rest my case...
Good..
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 24, 2022
It was nice knowing you all, make the world end sef make I go heaven
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by olas24u(f): 10:21am On Feb 24, 2022
observer88:
Is this propaganda or what? This ain't good at all! And I say so for both sides. Russia may have thought that they could just override Ukraine, but it is turning out different.

#saynotowar
This is propaganda
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by Shedah: 10:21am On Feb 24, 2022
vinceyinnovation:
Please RUSSIA And UKRAINE should observe COVID-19 rules:

Even at Gun point, before you shoot wear a nose mask so that you will not die of this deadly media virus.

Modified:

As far Buhari has not expressed shock concerning this war. I will not really take it serious. Buhari's shock is the most important.
hahahahahaha ah buhari over to you
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by hotwax: 10:26am On Feb 24, 2022
Mightymanna:
So it is really happening?
Who is pushing this Ukraine to self destruction? Have we exhausted all room room for dialogue?

So ukraine is invading russia abi?

u well??
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by Danny110(m): 10:32am On Feb 24, 2022
This country sef!

Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by Forumobserver12(m): 10:42am On Feb 24, 2022
Dirkcoyt:
If you believe this you will believe anything . Come on not even in syria was 5 planes shutdown so fast .

From Russia posture you will understand why it's possible for Ukraine to hurt them seriously, Russia sees Ukraine as a play ground in this War thereby underestimating their capabilities.

We all know that Russia is a very power nation but in a war you don't underestimate an Enemy, don't forget that Ukraine is fighting for her survival.
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by Evermantalkasit(f): 10:46am On Feb 24, 2022
jyz200:
War is not good
But it is necessary sometimes
ARE YOU SURE? WHAT OF IF IT HAPPENS IN YOUR COUNTRY HOW WILL YOU FEEL?
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by somehow: 10:49am On Feb 24, 2022
backbencher:

Ukraine's allies do.

Ukraine is not yet a member of NATO.

This is why Russia is trying to stop them due to their closeness to Russia.

NATO brings destruction anywhere they go.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by Forumobserver12(m): 10:50am On Feb 24, 2022
seunmsg:

Dialogue with who exactly? Putin is a mad man and the only way to stop him is through military response. This same Russia has an agreement never to attack Ukraine when the country gave up its stockpile of nuclear weapon in the 90’s. So, why can’t Putin respect the agreement?

It’s better to die fighting than to die without putting up any resistance. It is now left for the rest of the world to response appropriately. They either look away in shame or stand up to the Russian tyrant.

Nice submission, that Putin of a man is a devil...
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by KingdomlessKing: 10:53am On Feb 24, 2022
And no pictures of the downed planes cheesy
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by dennyeric: 10:57am On Feb 24, 2022
seunmsg:

Dialogue with who exactly? Putin is a mad man and the only way to stop him is through military response. This same Russia has an agreement never to attack Ukraine when the country gave up its stockpile of nuclear weapon in the 90’s. So, why can’t Putin respect the agreement?

It’s better to die fighting than to die without putting up any resistance. It is now left for the rest of the world to response appropriately. They either look away in shame or stand up to the Russian tyrant.

Nobody is asking the right questions cos everybody is busy pointing fingers at Russia. Why can’t NATO do their expansion without adding Ukraine? Why are they hellbent on adding Ukraine? They should leave Ukraine to be and stop pushing them. Apart from economic Sanctions and sending of weapons they will never send their troops to Ukraine. Ukraine President should be wise here
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by Oyiboman69: 11:09am On Feb 24, 2022
backbencher:
This is not a joke.

We have two nuclear armed powers facing each other.

For the first time in my life, there is a threat of what many people have warned about...nuclear war.

Let's pray and hope it does not become reality

Modified

Thanks to all those who have quoted me to point out that Ukraine has no unclear weapons. This isn't really between Russia and Ukraine but Russia and the USA.
why are you thanking them?,where were they when USA sold a nuclear submarine to Ukraine which is among the many reasons that the Russian government is angry with the USA today and thereby fuelling the imminent war...
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by Kelvin3476: 11:11am On Feb 24, 2022
Mightymanna:
Who is pushing this Ukraine to self destruction? Have we exhausted all room room for dialogue?
UR OVERHYPED RUSSIA DNT WANT TO DIALOGUE
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by Firstcitizen: 11:12am On Feb 24, 2022
hammer567:
Lies

Where picture now?

Russia will soon level that place, before they will shut up.

No mind dem. If they shot down even 1 plane the internet would have been filled with the photos
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by tonididdy(m): 11:41am On Feb 24, 2022
backbencher:
This is not a joke.

For the first time in my life, there is a threat of what many people have warned about...nuclear war.

Modified

Thanks to all those who have quoted me to point out that Ukraine has no unclear weapons. This isn't really between Russia and Ukraine but Russia and the USA.

Wake up kid
How many countries in the world have nuclear powers?... and you think they will just gift it to any country to defend herself?
The best Ukrainian can get out of compassion from the west are guns and artillery.
Ps: this war has no business with USA, Ukraine is not yet a nato member
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by PROPEACE: 11:43am On Feb 24, 2022
Mightymanna:
This is ridiculous! Will Russia allow Ukrainian fighter jets to be flying freely in Russia? Why blame Ukraine?
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by lexy2014: 11:46am On Feb 24, 2022
backbencher:
This is not a joke.

Modified

Pls, where is the face off between two nuclear powers?
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by tonididdy(m): 11:46am On Feb 24, 2022
udemzyudex:

What sort of nonsense talk is this,they should fold their hands and watch Russia invade them or what are you trying to say?

That poster is right.
Ukraine is being pushed by the West to challenge Putin maybe they have an agenda to boycott the war.
Otherwise I see no connection with Ukraine and USA.
Mind you this war has being on for long, over 14 yrs it's being on and off, this is the loudest because they (Ukraine) have a dumb presidency who thinks he can rub shoulders with Russia otherwise the previous leaders have always chosen diplomacy and avoided involving the West, a region that Russia dislikes.

This is why Putin is angrier because the West is trying to get involved in a business that isn't theirs.

The worst that could happen is Ukraine penning agreement with Ukraine, then this will be a fun blown world war possibly nuclear war because nato will respond to every missile Russia has to offer
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by lexy2014: 11:46am On Feb 24, 2022
Mightymanna:

How is Ukraine being pushed to self destruction?
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by Pauljazzmine28(f): 11:50am On Feb 24, 2022
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by Taigaban: 11:57am On Feb 24, 2022
This war won't achieve nothing other than waste of human lives and property damage.
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
tonididdy:

Wake up kid
How many countries in the world have nuclear powers?... and you think they will just gift it to any country to defend herself?
The best Ukrainian can get out of compassion from the west are guns and artillery.
Ps: this war has no business with USA, Ukraine is not yet a nato member

It does have a lot to do with the USA and Russia.

And you really did not need to call me a kid, thank you.
Re: Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
lexy2014:

Pls, where is the face off between two nuclear powers?

Was the invasion of Poland by Germany in 1939 really about just Germany and Poland...?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See The Countries That Recognize Hamas As Terrorist Organization / Treasure Box Found In River Nile, Jinja, Uganda. / U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked; Iraqi Security Forces Kill Protester

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.