Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Faulty Pc - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Faulty Pc (218 Views)

I Buy Any used or faulty Laptop At A Very Good Price. / Trade Your Faulty Laptop For Cash In Ibadan / Repair/replace/get Another - Faulty PC? What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faulty Pc by charlesdinho7(m): 8:25pm On Feb 24, 2022
good day fams. please my pc is giving me problem. the laptop takes more time to booth. it can take like 4 to 6 minutes to booth when i switch it on. once it is on, the system is very slow and it hangs for no reason and whenever it hangs, i will not be able to use it again unitil i switch it off. another problem is that the keyboard stops working. what could be the problem with my laptop? or is my hard disk at fault here? the hard disk is not up to 100gb
Re: Faulty Pc by Uziyl(m): 9:02pm On Feb 24, 2022
Firstly- System booting time can get slower when its abruptly shut down due to power outage (bad battery) or pressing on the power button till it shuts down.
The best way to shut a PC down is to do it using the windows interface.
So, I believe yours is caused by pressiing on the power button or removing the battery because of it freezes.

Secondly- Booting time can be altered by number of startup programs when you power on. This, therefore can be disabled. Through the taskbar manager. (Just select the program you don't want to start when the PC is booting). Depending on the windows version.. you can also use the run program then type " config.msc " select startup tab and disable any program you want.

Thirdly- PC freezes due to the size of RAM. Having at least 4gb is okay to run most program smoothly. Also good for multitasking. If yours is less that 4gb, upgrade

Does the keyboard work before it boots to windows ? : you can test this by using any of the function key F9 or F2 or F12 ( different PC brands have different ways) to boot into the bios setup. If you are a le to boot to bios setup, Your keyboard is fine, else bad keyboard.

The only solution to solve all the problems you mentioned, if what I recommended doesn't work is to do a clean format. Do a backup of your important files first before that.

1 Like

Re: Faulty Pc by vastolord4(m): 10:40pm On Feb 24, 2022
First scan for viruses

Do a system recovery

Clean your RAMs or upgrade them

Lastly, if symptoms still persists, format the laptop..

1 Like

Re: Faulty Pc by charlesdinho7(m): 10:04am On Feb 25, 2022
[quote author=Uziyl post=110519434]Firstly- System booting time can get slower when its abruptly shut down due to power outage (bad battery) or pressing on the power button till it shuts down.
The best way to shut a PC down is to do it using the windows interface.
So, I believe yours is caused by pressiing on the power button or removing the battery because of it freezes.

Secondly- Booting time can be altered by number of startup programs when you power on. This, therefore can be disabled. Through the taskbar manager. (Just select the program you don't want to start when the PC is booting). Depending on the windows version.. you can also use the run program then type " config.msc " select startup tab and disable any program you want.

Thirdly- PC freezes due to the size of RAM. Having at least 4gb is okay to run most program smoothly. Also good for multitasking. If yours is less that 4gb, upgrade

Does the keyboard work before it boots to windows ?
THANK YOU SIR
Re: Faulty Pc by udemzyudex(m): 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2022
charlesdinho7:
good day fams. please my pc is giving me problem. the laptop takes more time to booth. it can take like 4 to 6 minutes to booth when i switch it on. once it is on, the system is very slow and it hangs for no reason and whenever it hangs, i will not be able to use it again unitil i switch it off. another problem is that the keyboard stops working. what could be the problem with my laptop? or is my hard disk at fault here? the hard disk is not up to 100gb

A faulty keyboard can make your laptop to malfunction,make it slow and hang.

To confirm,remove the keyboard and see.

(1) (Reply)

Sams Club / A Smart Watch Is Available For Sale / Amd 6 2terabyte Hdd 8gb Ram 1gb Dedicated Graphics For 137k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.