Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Video: Super Falcons Crying As They're Stuck In Abuja Airport - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Video: Super Falcons Crying As They're Stuck In Abuja Airport (753 Views)

VIDEO: Super Eagles Arrive Nigeria After Beating Guinea-bissau 1-0 / Michael Jordan Crying At Kobe Bryant's Memorial Service / AFCON 2019: What Buhari Said While Receiving Super Eagles At Abuja Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video: Super Falcons Crying As They're Stuck In Abuja Airport by Chimezirim121: 4:38am On Feb 25, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHzGqffnTvY
Super Falcons players, coach express dissatisfaction at the treatment at Abuja Airport
Players and officials of Super Falcons have poured out their grievances after they were delayed for hours at the Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport upon their return from the African Women’s Cup of Nations (AWCON) qualifier in Abidjan.

In a now-viral video, the players and officials appeared to be stuck at the airport in the early hours of Thursday, while some of the team members registered their grievances.

It was not the expected welcome for the Super Falcons who arrived from Cote D’Ivoire, where they secured the country’s participation at the 2022 AWCON.

The Nigerians had bested their West Africans 3-0 on aggregate to earn a chance to defend their continental crown in Morroco later in the year.
Speaking with TheCable, a source close to the team said the Super Falcons were delayed at the airport due to their “failure” to provide the officials of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) with their inbound polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test for COVID.

Reacting to the situation, Randy Waldrum, Falcons head coach, described the team’s predicament as “frustrating”.

He added that the squad had “already taken the test multiple times to be able to play the game.”
“It is very frustrating to come back home, and the players have to go through this. This is nonsense, all these COVID rules… we have already taken the test multiple times to be able to play the game, so I don’t really understand it, but it is very frustrating,” the American said.

On her part, Onome Ebi, Falcons defender, said the situation is confusing for the players as “all the doors are locked, and we can’t go outside.”

“They locked everywhere — all the doors are locked, and we can’t go outside. I don’t even understand what’s happening. We are just arriving after a very crucial game, and all the girls are tired, and some of the girls are crying because we can’t go out and we don’t know what to do,” she said.

The Super Falcons were eventually freed in the morning after the intervention of the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF).

Re: Video: Super Falcons Crying As They're Stuck In Abuja Airport by Bluntguy: 4:42am On Feb 25, 2022
Just four hours? Nigeria don improve nah if na only four hours.
Re: Video: Super Falcons Crying As They're Stuck In Abuja Airport by Discovery4today: 4:51am On Feb 25, 2022
Nwawa oo
Re: Video: Super Falcons Crying As They're Stuck In Abuja Airport by Joeblazeochola(m): 5:02am On Feb 25, 2022
you are all welcome. bt rules are rules for ur safety and for pipu close to u. the problem is only wen they are nt being fed and relaxed durring d delay.
Re: Video: Super Falcons Crying As They're Stuck In Abuja Airport by Chimezirim121: 5:03am On Feb 25, 2022
Joeblazeochola:
you are all welcome. bt rules are rules for ur safety and for pipu close to u. the problem is only wen they are nt being feed and relax durring d delay.
Abi
Re: Video: Super Falcons Crying As They're Stuck In Abuja Airport by helinues: 5:04am On Feb 25, 2022
What if they are now stranded in Ukraine?
grin

1 Like

Re: Video: Super Falcons Crying As They're Stuck In Abuja Airport by Chimezirim121: 5:05am On Feb 25, 2022
helinues:
grin

cheesy
Re: Video: Super Falcons Crying As They're Stuck In Abuja Airport by juman(m): 5:12am On Feb 25, 2022
NFF suppose to rescue them earlier.
The officers in airport were doing their jobs.
Re: Video: Super Falcons Crying As They're Stuck In Abuja Airport by Chimezirim121: 5:25am On Feb 25, 2022
juman:
NFF suppose to rescue them earlier.
The officers in airport were doing their jobs.
Hmm
Re: Video: Super Falcons Crying As They're Stuck In Abuja Airport by Baawaa(m): 5:59am On Feb 25, 2022
Why are they crying, their president want them to trek,we have trekking president
Re: Video: Super Falcons Crying As They're Stuck In Abuja Airport by tito44: 6:02am On Feb 25, 2022
helinues:
grin

Very insensitive and stale comment. I always knew ur brain was leaking but didn't know it was - to this extent..
Re: Video: Super Falcons Crying As They're Stuck In Abuja Airport by paulolee(m): 7:02am On Feb 25, 2022
just too bad...they went to serve their father land n they deserve better than this
Re: Video: Super Falcons Crying As They're Stuck In Abuja Airport by helinues: 7:45am On Feb 25, 2022
tito44:

Very insensitive and stale comment. I always knew ur brain was leaking but didn't know it was - to this extent..

Me singing weeknd... I saw you crying in a crowded room .

1 Like

Re: Video: Super Falcons Crying As They're Stuck In Abuja Airport by Chimezirim121: 8:23am On Feb 25, 2022
helinues:

Me singing weeknd... I saw you crying in a crowded room .

Hmm
Re: Video: Super Falcons Crying As They're Stuck In Abuja Airport by Theboy21: 9:32am On Feb 25, 2022
After convincing my white chick to come play for the country cheesy cheesy, is this the kind of treatment they will receive??
Re: Video: Super Falcons Crying As They're Stuck In Abuja Airport by Craggybogg: 10:30am On Feb 25, 2022
Others would have gotten used to it nw, but na that new oyinbo girl I just dey pity she go too regret representing this shit hole Country.
Re: Video: Super Falcons Crying As They're Stuck In Abuja Airport by Chimezirim121: 11:12am On Feb 25, 2022
Theboy21:
After convincing my white chick to come play for the country cheesy cheesy, is this the kind of treatment they will receive??
Re: Video: Super Falcons Crying As They're Stuck In Abuja Airport by Discovery4today: 11:13am On Feb 25, 2022
Abeg make the Oyibo no go oo, I hate this nonsense

(1) (Reply)

Christain R*naldo Almost Lost His Life, With His 1.7m Euro Bugatti (photos) / If One World Cup Is Enough To Make Someone The GOAT, Then What Is PELE? / AFCON: Drogba Celebrates With Osimhen After Nigeria’s 2-0 Win Over Cameroon [VID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.