Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,108 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors (27337 Views)

Abba Kyari And Geoffrey Onyeama In The 70s (Throwback Photo) / Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding / Geoffrey Onyeama And Lawyer's Whatsapp Conversation Intercepted At The UN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Russia will never achieve it's Evil motive against Ukraine..
Too late, idiot! Turn on your tv grin t

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by sonofElElyon: 7:18pm On Feb 25, 2022
edmaraja:
He better not say something stupid there.

He's there to discuss evacuation of Nigerians.. nothing more. Nigeria is benefiting from both Russia and the West. Hard to take sides
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:19pm On Feb 25, 2022
Nairobi33:
Too late, idiot! Turn on your tv grin t
Haha..tag me if they have.. wink
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by adedayo3193(m): 7:22pm On Feb 25, 2022
MyExpression:
If this war prevails and favours Russia, the world should get ready.

Russia has just set a precedence.
Every nation that feels like a regional power, would start taking over territories.

North Korea, China, Israel......
Nigeria may go back and reclaim Bakassi from Cameroons..

or make them claim ghana

1 Like

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by tit(f): 7:27pm On Feb 25, 2022
Air Peace nko?
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by MrBanner(m): 7:27pm On Feb 25, 2022
Drastick:
Every time, closed-door meeting, yet no positive outcome. Its better they start holding Open-door meeting.

Peace!

Pls i need help. I am truly sorry to come here and beg. I am starving & depressed. I appeal to your consciences in God's name and humanity sake help me so i can buy some food and re-fill my gas. Pls!

Three-Zero-Four-Six-One-Four-Four-Four-Seven-One

First Bank

Seun Mynd44 Lalasticlala Oam4j Mukina2 Rocktation Justwise
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by Sterope(f): 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2022
Two truths can coexist. You can't hate US and not hate Russia. Russia might not have done as much damage to non European countries doesn't mean they aren't evil.
Gangster1ms:

The only evil thing here is USA together with NATO..
You guys won't understand what is happening and be opening mouth waaa. Hollywood and western media has brain washed your heads into believing Russia is the villian

2 Likes

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 25, 2022
Drastick:
Every time, closed-door meeting, yet no positive outcome. Its better they start holding Open-door meeting.

Peace!

Pls i need help. I am truly sorry to come here and beg. I am starving & depressed. I appeal to your consciences in God's name and humanity sake help me so i can buy some food and re-fill my gas. Pls!

Three-Zero-Four-Six-One-Four-Four-Four-Seven-One

First Bank

I can relate. I wish i had, i would have helped. God see u through.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by Brian47(m): 7:43pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ifesinachi22:
The Russian and Ukrainian "wahala" has been the most important news lately and just yesterday morning Russian military entered some part of Ukraine's eastern territory in what so many people have termed "the absolute declaration of war" by President Vladimir Putin.

Well, if you are lost on the gist. Let me quickly bring you up to speed.

Let's start from the beginning.

So, many years ago, Russia, Ukraine and some other countries in Eastern Europe were all siblings from the same mother- "Soviet Union"

With Russia being the appointed elder brother.

But after the sudden death of their parents on "26 December 1991", all their parents landed properties including kitchen stuff like Armour cars, drones, nuclear weapons and vegetables like biological weapons, etc was shared between all the siblings.

As per elder brother, Russia received the largest of them all.

Now, keep that in mind because we will come back to it.

As years roll by, Russia has been very prudent with its gifts and has grown so massive that it is now rated as the second most powerful country in the world.

His siblings?

Lol...most of them are broke.

But there is an even bigger problem.

Other Russian siblings except Belarus are not in love with Russia.

They say he is a bully and so they are going outside their zone to fall in love and romance with countries like the USA, France, UK, etc.

Russia is not happy with this and in fact, even wants the family to come together again in other to preserve their family legacy.

Even if it is to eat their favourite "Solyanka" again.

Now, remember when I told you that Russia received the largest share of their properties?

Well, it helps Russia in raising millions of children and even enough to trains millions as soldiers.

So, Russia is not only one of the most largest countries in the world, but it also has one of the most powerful military power in the world.

According to global firepower rankings, Russia is number 2.

Now, you might not understand how powerful Russia is when compare to Ukraine until you know, for every Ukraine soldier, there is like 4.5 Russian military man.

That is like 5-1

Ukraine thinks this is scary stuff because even though, they don't want to go back to their family, Russia has the power and can force them to come back home.

" Remember when your Daddy forced you to eat?" Lol

So because of this fear, Ukraine wants to join NATO.

NATO = The North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

It is a military organisation that comprises many countries with the USA as their most powerful member.

Their MOTTO is "Injury to one, injury to all"

So if one country is having wahala, other member countries will come together to help their "cartel man"

But Russia doesn't want to have any of that.

They say, "Taa! if you can not come back home, you can not marry that wife-join NATO"

And they are kind of justified.

If Ukraine joins NATO, it means countries like the USA-an an arch-rival and sworn enemy of RUSSIA can bring their weapons and spying equipment to Ukraine and peep at Russia while their main man is doing something with his babes.

And that is not fair.

Not to smaller countries like Mali or Austria or Ghana though, but to powerful countries like RUSSIA, that is a no-no.

In fact, the US know this self, they will never agree for Russia to come close to Mexico but they just want to try their luck.

So, to prevent this from happening and to show how serious they are about it, Russia started bringing together thousands of army people around the Ukraine border.

They wanted to enter the country "codedly" until Ukraine found out on time and shouted to other countries to come to their aid.

Other countries stood up immediately because they know what Russia can do.

Some countries sent weapons to Ukraine to help them, some sent motivational speakers(military advisers), others like Germany even sent helmets. Lol

They hoped that, if Russia see all of these, they will fear and turn back.

But not Russians, their heart is as iced as the many snow that dots around Moscow.

So, today, Russia still entered Ukraine and declared military operations.

Russia first started entering Ukraine officially, when they recognise two rebel regions in Ukraine as independent republics.

These two regions have been fighting the Ukraine government for years for independent.

Russian recognition of this region means they can officially go in other to protect this region militarily and that is exactly what Russia is doing right now.

Or at least claiming to do

Ukraine and other countries think this is a scam. That Russia is only looking for a pretext to invade Ukraine.

It may be true. It may be wrong

The thing is that, there is an easy way to quickly end this issue.

Ukraine must show their willingness never to enter NATO. QED

Anything other than that is a no-no

The funniest part of this matter for me now, is that Russia is currently the President of the United Nations Security Council.

So, UN can not do anything right now.

Any agreement UNSC will make this month can and will be veto by RUSSIA.

Bro can I copy this your comment?
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by MummmyGO(f): 7:45pm On Feb 25, 2022
MyExpression:

What's d name of the ebook?
The ebook's name is How to structure your business to run effectively without your supervision. You can chat me on 0 7 0 6 1 6 2 4 4 0 2, so we can talk more

1 Like

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by Ifesinachi22(m): 7:50pm On Feb 25, 2022
Brian47:

Bro can I copy this your comment?

Go ahead bro
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by fxkay1: 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2022
What pressure ??
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by 1Hover1(m): 8:09pm On Feb 25, 2022
Trentee4eva:

Just asking...

The question is l the US now evade Mexico?? It would rather pile up sanctions against Mexico.. But to evade a country because you don't want it to have ties with another country is pure madness and should be condemned.

It's amazing how some of you praise Putin and turn around to condemn Buhari.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by freemanq(m): 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2022
Oga mind ur own biz,all dis not well with the citizens of Nigeria you are busy advising who send u work?
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by Techguy96(m): 8:39pm On Feb 25, 2022
MyExpression:
If this war prevails and favours Russia, the world should get ready.

Russia has just set a precedence.
Every nation that feels like a regional power, would start taking over territories.

North Korea, China, Israel......
Nigeria may go back and reclaim Bakassi from Cameroon.

Nigeria may go back and take bakassi from Cameron gat me rolling on the floor.
Abeg abeg I nor get energy.

1 Like

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by Trentee4eva: 8:44pm On Feb 25, 2022
1Hover1:

The question is l the US now evade Mexico?? It would rather pile up sanctions against Mexico.. But to evade a country because you don't want it to have ties with another country is pure madness and should be condemned.

Go on read about the Cuba missile crises
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by WoundedLamb: 8:53pm On Feb 25, 2022
Gangster1ms:

Who in his/her right senses wouldn't wanna hate a country that doesn't wanna mind it's business and always want have a say about other countries l? That's how they started yemen syria libya Afghanistan and so on has been destroyed. Would America sit and fold arms if Mexico allied with Russia? Talk more of Russia performing military exercises in Mexico? That's what Ukraine joining NATO means to Russia. By the time you know it those busy bodies will follow through Ukraine to spy and disrupt things in Russia.
If ukraine wants peace then they shouldn't make themselves a tool at the hands of Russia's number 1 enemy.

You're allowed to hate the US, it's your choice. But that doesn't make Putin right. Supporting Putin's aggression towards his neighbour cause of the activities of a country oceans away is not very logical. The statement "The US is a terrible country, therefore, Putin is right" does not add up. You must consider the situation between Ukraine and Russia and not just judge based on the fact that you dislike a country supporting Ukraine.

First, NATO does not need Ukraine to spy on Russia. Virtually all Russian neighbours are already NATO members, so what are you saying? Second, Ukraine opted to join NATO in the first place cause of this same Russian aggression. So let's not pretend as of Russia was nice to Ukraine before they indicated interest to join NATO. What you're telling Ukraine is not to seek help and take whatever Russia sends thier way. How is this a solution, please? You think Ukraine would want to be part of NATO if Putin was treating them the way US treats Canada? Putin is a dictator. He cannot co-exist with democratic neighbours.

Russian invasion of Ukraine was bound to happen cause Putin cares more about his ambitions than any possibility of NATO planting missiles in Ukraine. He wants Ukraine back. The only reason he didn't want Ukraine to join NATO was because he didn't want anyone to come to thier aid when he strikes and he's moving fast now in order to achieve his goal before the country is able to become a member of NATO. You saw the video, did he mention NATO as the reason for invading Ukraine? No, he said it was "peace keeping". Yet, he's bombing civilians and his men are all over the country.

Anyone who doesn't see the atrocities of Putin at this point is allowing thier hatred for the US beclouded thier judgment.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by c9a6s6h6boy(m): 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2022
Thanks sometimes mine your business
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by ayenale1(m): 11:57pm On Feb 25, 2022
Onyema dey form boss now abi...Putin will warn Nigeria very soon jus as he warns Cyril of south Africa
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by Rossikk(m): 12:13am On Feb 26, 2022
eedimo:
Sometimes it's better to mind your business in this life.

What is happening in Ukraine is YOUR BUSINESS and NIGERIA'S BUSINESS.

Nuclear fallout and nuclear radiation caused by dumb white people do not recognise national boundaries.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by Rossikk(m): 12:19am On Feb 26, 2022
1Hover1:

America threatened nuclear war against the Soviet Union after the latter set up a military base in Cuba, off the Florida coast, in the 1960s.

The Soviets backed off, and the threat of nuclear war was averted.

So shuush...

No superpower will tolerate its arch enemy building military bases next door to it.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama In Closed-Door Meeting With Russian, Ukraine Ambassadors by Rossikk(m): 12:22am On Feb 26, 2022
edmaraja:
He better not say something stupid there.

That's YOUR inferiority complex talking.

HE is a seasoned diplomat that's got 10 times your education and exposure.

So, shut up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Mourns Mr Ibu, Aluko-Olaseni / I Don’t Know What Buhari Should Do, I’ve Stopped Advising People –pat Utomi / Kwara Youths Threaten To Recall Saraki, Accuse Him Of Pursuing Personal Interest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.