Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,145 members, 7,860,109 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:43 AM

The Government Has Failed To Provide Enabling Environment For Businesses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Government Has Failed To Provide Enabling Environment For Businesses (146 Views)

Oyebanji Assures Investors Of Enabling Environment In Ekiti / We Will Continue To Provide Enabling Environment For Investors – Odsg / We Will Provide Enabling Environment For Tech Growth In Lagos - Sanwo-olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Government Has Failed To Provide Enabling Environment For Businesses by chuxxjr: 10:50pm On Feb 25, 2022
The Government has failed to provide enabling environment for businesses to thrive-Barr. Nonso Nwaebili

Former Senior Special Assistant to Governor Willie Obiano on Protocol Matters, Barr Nonso Henry Nwaebili is vying for House of Representative in Anambra comes 2023, has said that the country is in a state of emergency as the Government has failed Nigerians to provide enabling environment for businesses to thrive.

He made these statements while addressing the press after His recent Visit to the National Chairman of the Young Progressives Party YPP Comrade Bishop Amakiri. He made known his interest to represent the People of Ogbaru Federal Constituency in Anambra state while stating that the Nation is in the State of Emergency in almost all ramifications.

He explained: “Insecurity and Lack of Experience by those piloting the affairs have positioned the country's economic activities to a complete decay stage. The Government has failed to provide enabling environment for businesses to thrive, they have also failed to embrace Innovations because of their unwillingness to engage young people at strategic points in this country. Barely everything is becoming moribund, and the people are suffering untold hardship and poverty in a country that has the potential to become "the giant of Africa".

He urged Federal Government to close the gap between government and the people. In his words: “I recognize that the first point of solving this menace is by bringing the government closer to the people to encourage citizen participation in the act of governance. Therefore, I encourage the government to raise and support bills that seek to strengthen the local governments. Local government and council elections should be conducted as at when due. The Ideal is to have the eyes of the government down at the grassroots. This will help reduce insecurity because every bad person is known to the community and a councilor when elected, represents the eyes of the Government in his community.”

He advised that, “I also encourage the Government to embrace Digital Economy. The world is going digital and Nigeria is missing a lot of revenue through the ban of Digital/ Crypto/ blockchain Transactions.

He noted that his people have been neglected by the present administration from federal intervention. “The good people of Ogbaru Federal Constituency are mostly Farmers and Fishermen our needs are basic- when I say basic I make bold to say that we have found ourselves lacking basic amenities such as Access roads to transport and sell these farm produce, Adequate Healthcare services due to poor Representation over the years.”

He continued: “We suffer Flooding as a compulsory menace Yearly and as a Representative my duty will be to engage Federal Ministry of Environment and concerned MDA's to see how the menace of flooding can be tackled.

He pledged that if he will be elected by his people come 2023, he assured the Creation of Job Opportunities for young people through public and private sector involvements. “As a Representative of the people, if Elected as a Youth Mandate, I will use my network to attract and create Job opportunities through Training and retraining to get the youth prepared for the opportunities. The youth form majority of the Population of my would-be Electorates. Therefore, through Sincere empowerments programs, Takeoff Support, Agricultural Loans, and Engagement with the Federal and State Government to ensure that Job opportunities are available for my Youth- this will reduce insecurity, drug abuse and improve the livelihood of families in my Constituency,” he assured.

He added: “I also intend to Make bills mandating and monitoring companies to carry out Corporate and Social Responsibilities, that way much reliance will not be on Government but will create a synergy which energizes the saying that "Nations building is a Joint Taskforce."

Re: The Government Has Failed To Provide Enabling Environment For Businesses by Rugaria: 10:51pm On Feb 25, 2022
A government that doesn't understand business can not provide an enabling environment for business..

2 Likes

Re: The Government Has Failed To Provide Enabling Environment For Businesses by Ecos(m): 11:01pm On Feb 25, 2022
It's no longer news again na. Next....

(1) (Reply)

What If Ipob Enjoys The Sympathy Ukraine Is Enjoying Now? / Crises / Economy Nigeria Pledges N2.5 Billion Infrastructure As Kimberly Clark Opens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.