Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

First Bank Cashier Gets 10 Years Jail Term For Stealing - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / First Bank Cashier Gets 10 Years Jail Term For Stealing (548 Views)

Uyo Yahoo School Proprietor Bags 10 Years Jail Term For Fraud / Nigerian Gets 10-Year Sentence In US For Romance Fraud, BEC Schemes / Ashewo Married Local Female Bank Cashier Gets Exposed In Viral Tape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Cashier Gets 10 Years Jail Term For Stealing by bestofnollywood: 11:29pm On Feb 25, 2022
Justice Abdul Dogo of the Federal High Court sitting in Akure on Wednesday, February 23, 2022, convicted and sentenced Momojimoh Abdulmalik, a former staff of First Bank Plc to 10 years imprisonment for stealing.

The defendant was arraigned on an amended two count charge of stealing over N9 million from the bank by the Benin Zonal Command of the EFCC. He was said to have stolen the money while working as cashier at the Owo Branch of the bank.
Upon arraignment the defendant pleaded not guilty to the charge, setting the stage for full trial.

In the course of trial, the prosecution led by F.O. Dibang and K. U. Udus called four witnesses and tendered several documentary evidence against the defendant.

Delivering judgment on Wednesday, Justice Dogo found the defendant guilty on the two counts. The Judge sentenced him to four years imprisonment on count one and six years on count two. The sentences are to run concurrently.

The court also ordered the defendant to restitute the victim, First Bank Plc, the sum of N9 million. In the event of failure to restitute the bank, the defendant shall serve another four years in jail one of the counts reads...

Continue Reading:

https://applesbite.com/first-bank-staff-gets-10-years-jail-term-for-stealing/

1 Like

Re: First Bank Cashier Gets 10 Years Jail Term For Stealing by harmargedon: 11:54pm On Feb 25, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: First Bank Cashier Gets 10 Years Jail Term For Stealing by Fashionista01(f): 12:27am On Feb 26, 2022
Bankers steal but in a cooperate way.

They will tell you that your complete money is not complete so that you add more money to complete it.

Thieves in cooperate attire.
Re: First Bank Cashier Gets 10 Years Jail Term For Stealing by Cokahot: 12:39am On Feb 26, 2022
He stole 9m while being a cashier,meaning he had nursed and yanked on it for long. Okay now,after stealing 9m,he remained in nigeria,probably wanted to steal more. Please what stopped him from taking off to Turkey immediately and hustle
Re: First Bank Cashier Gets 10 Years Jail Term For Stealing by dotman4real007(m): 12:50am On Feb 26, 2022
The temptations of counting other people's money got him. Enjoy your beans in peace
Re: First Bank Cashier Gets 10 Years Jail Term For Stealing by Karlovych: 1:43am On Feb 26, 2022
embarassed embarassed How many years was this hoodlum jailed for because of money laundering?

Re: First Bank Cashier Gets 10 Years Jail Term For Stealing by Flamees(m): 2:28am On Feb 26, 2022
Nawa oo
Re: First Bank Cashier Gets 10 Years Jail Term For Stealing by MoneyGoDrop: 5:09am On Feb 26, 2022
Hmmm....9m gets you 10 years, that's 1 year for every 1m and 1 extra year as jara. I wonder how how many years our politicians will get since they don't steal millions but only billions.

(1) (Reply)

I Killed My Son Because I Dreamt That I Will Be Rich If I Rub His Blood On My He / Sexy Gay Caught In The Act / Horror In Sokoto, Niger, Kaduna: ‘bandits Kill Farmers, Seize Survivors’ Harvest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.