Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,290 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

UN Security Council's Calls To Halt Attacks On Ukraine Fails As Russia Vetoes - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UN Security Council's Calls To Halt Attacks On Ukraine Fails As Russia Vetoes (246 Views)

US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza / Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains / North Korea Issues A Stark Warning To The UN Security Council( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UN Security Council's Calls To Halt Attacks On Ukraine Fails As Russia Vetoes by politicoNG: 12:37am On Feb 26, 2022
Russia has vetoed the United Nations Security Council draft resolution condemning her aggression towards Ukraine. The resolution was to halt the invasion and commence withdrawal of Russian troops from Ukraine.

Today’s vote follows a severe escalation in violence since 24 February, when Russia launched a large-scale attack targeting numerous cities in Ukraine.

The attacks, which involve aerial and ground operations, have thus far resulted in at least 25 civilian deaths and injured approximately 100 people, according to the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR).

How they voted:

UN Security Council voting on resolution condemning Russia.

Yes

- United States
- United Kingdom
- France
- Norway
- Ireland
- Albania
- Gabon
- Mexico
- Brazil
- Ghana
- Kenya

No

- Russia

Abstain

- China
- India
- United Arab Emirates
https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1497342306219065345?t=12YQvvQn0QaYuxuwrjgslg&s=19
Re: UN Security Council's Calls To Halt Attacks On Ukraine Fails As Russia Vetoes by politicoNG: 12:38am On Feb 26, 2022
Re: UN Security Council's Calls To Halt Attacks On Ukraine Fails As Russia Vetoes by PENNYSWAP: 12:41am On Feb 26, 2022
I just love this Chinese grin

UAE is getting high on crude oil price

But see stupid ghana Ooooooo.... the west doesn’t care about Africa but here’s ghana and kenya jonzing them selves
Re: UN Security Council's Calls To Halt Attacks On Ukraine Fails As Russia Vetoes by yanabasee(m): 12:43am On Feb 26, 2022
There is something about China...

I believe, Russia is China's allies.... and China is likely to support Russia if war starts today.....
Re: UN Security Council's Calls To Halt Attacks On Ukraine Fails As Russia Vetoes by Nbotee(m): 12:44am On Feb 26, 2022
yanabasee:
There is something about China...

I believe, Russia is China's allies.... and China is likely to support Russia if war starts today.....

Story... China stands to gain if the West use up their Arsenal
Re: UN Security Council's Calls To Halt Attacks On Ukraine Fails As Russia Vetoes by Nbotee(m): 12:45am On Feb 26, 2022
I can't believe I'm watching the President of the UN security council who happens to be the Russian Representative blatantly deny Russia bombing Ukraine. Like WTF!!! Dude still maintains Russia is simply carrying out a special operation in the dunbas area... And yet some ediots are in here supporting the Russians simply becos they don't like Americans

1 Like

Re: UN Security Council's Calls To Halt Attacks On Ukraine Fails As Russia Vetoes by yanabasee(m): 12:47am On Feb 26, 2022
PENNYSWAP:
I just love this Chinese grin

UAE is getting high on crude oil price

But see stupid ghana Ooooooo.... the west doesn’t care about Africa but here’s ghana and kenya jonzing them selves

You're very backward.... Africa might not be building nuclear weapons... But we're a great tool for war.... Our support will go along way...
Re: UN Security Council's Calls To Halt Attacks On Ukraine Fails As Russia Vetoes by yanabasee(m): 12:50am On Feb 26, 2022
Nbotee:

Story... China stands to gain if the West use up their Arsenal

Recently the two countries do have an informal agreement to coordinate diplomatic and economic moves, and build up an alliance against the United States.

I doubt if China will want to betray Russia as you claim.
Re: UN Security Council's Calls To Halt Attacks On Ukraine Fails As Russia Vetoes by Nbotee(m): 12:55am On Feb 26, 2022
yanabasee:

Recently the two countries do have an informal agreement to coordinate diplomatic and economic moves, and build up an alliance against the United States.

China will not send personel to join in any fight, diplomatic yes, war don't bet on it
Re: UN Security Council's Calls To Halt Attacks On Ukraine Fails As Russia Vetoes by samuelgodson(m): 1:28am On Feb 26, 2022
yanabasee:

I love the fact that u called it informal ......even agreement way formal sef people dey go against am
Re: UN Security Council's Calls To Halt Attacks On Ukraine Fails As Russia Vetoes by Quelme: 3:05am On Feb 26, 2022
yanabasee:

China can never betray Russia. They know they would be the next target by the West...
Re: UN Security Council's Calls To Halt Attacks On Ukraine Fails As Russia Vetoes by PENNYSWAP: 5:18am On Feb 26, 2022
yanabasee:

You're very backward.... Africa might not be building nuclear weapons... But we're a great tool for war.... Our support will go along way...

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Which support

Supporters club ...

Africa that has always depended on aids from foreign organizations wants to give support when a nuclear war like Russia is speaking ..

Something that nato and America went on standby cuz they can’t afford to have this thing escalate into a full blown WW3.
Stop day dreaming jooooooooor

(1) (Reply)

Day 4 Of The Russian Offensive In The Ukraine / After Russia Invades Ukraine, China Says U.S. Support For Taiwan 'futile' / Moments A Russian Iskander Ballistic Missile Landed On A Ukrainian Military Base

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.