Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

The Greatest Honor History Can Bestow On Man Is The Title Of Peacemaker? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Greatest Honor History Can Bestow On Man Is The Title Of Peacemaker? (1418 Views)

JK We Trust With No Public Post History.can He Be Trusted.gambling Is Bad / Aviation Ministry Declares War On Man Who Allegedly Leaked Info On N255m Cars / Nigeria history? can it be taught in school (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Greatest Honor History Can Bestow On Man Is The Title Of Peacemaker? by johnie: 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2011
My eye just caught the signature of a member of this forum (whose name I would not mention since this post is not about him/her):

"The greatest honor history can bestow on man is the title of PEACEMAKER!"

I find that statement quite intruiging because HISTORY would honour such people (but then history written by who?) but men rarely honour such people as world events SEEM to suggest:

Olof Palme, was shot in the back while still Prime Minister of Sweden. While the real reaon for his assasination has remained a mystery till today, I think it had to do with his anti-war stance. He was in my opinion, a peacemaker but how much honour does he have today?

How many men in history are honoured for being peace makers?
Re: The Greatest Honor History Can Bestow On Man Is The Title Of Peacemaker? by Mariory(m): 6:36pm On Jun 27, 2011
johnie:

How many men in history are honoured for being peace makers?

Off the top of my head. . .

- Jesus Christ
- Dalai Lama
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Martin Luther King Jr.
- Mother Theresa
- Oscar Schindler

wink
Re: The Greatest Honor History Can Bestow On Man Is The Title Of Peacemaker? by Mariory(m): 8:52pm On Jun 27, 2011
Almost forgot. . .

- Gani Fawehinmi
Re: The Greatest Honor History Can Bestow On Man Is The Title Of Peacemaker? by Sunofgod(m): 10:21pm On Jun 27, 2011
Osama Obama was awarded the 'Nobel Peace Prize'

Therefore he will go down in (the white mans) history as a peacemaker -
Re: The Greatest Honor History Can Bestow On Man Is The Title Of Peacemaker? by Ngodigha: 10:48pm On Jun 27, 2011
How about prophet Mohammed?.
Re: The Greatest Honor History Can Bestow On Man Is The Title Of Peacemaker? by Mariory(m): 12:41am On Jun 28, 2011
Ngodigha:

How about prophet Mohammed?.

Nope! The point is peacemaker not vanquisher. Otherwise one would also class the likes of Julius Caesar, Pope Urban II, Alexander the Great e.t.c as peacemakers.
Re: The Greatest Honor History Can Bestow On Man Is The Title Of Peacemaker? by johnie: 2:21am On Mar 29, 2017
Mariory:

Off the top of my head. . .

- Jesus Christ
- Dalai Lama
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Martin Luther King Jr.
- Mother Theresa
- Oscar Schindler

wink

I agree with your list.

You proved your point.

cool

(1) (Reply)

How Did GEJ Miss These Men In His Cabinet? / What happens to Middle Belt? / Bad Adviser Emeka Wogu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.