Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,858 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Russia/Ukraine Fight: Mathematical Implications And Critical Analysis (photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia/Ukraine Fight: Mathematical Implications And Critical Analysis (photos) (258 Views)

Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia/Ukraine Fight: Mathematical Implications And Critical Analysis (photos) by Ortintin: 7:53am On Feb 26, 2022
First I call this fight and not war because we haven't seen enough fireworks from both side to clearly declare this as war.

From my perspective, this Russia/Ukraine fight is just a tussle for power where one nation does not want to succumb to the other. The fact still remains that Russia are clear favourites to win this war and Ukraine the underdog. But due to the fact that both are sister nations from the then Soviet Union, the rivalry and fight for power has continue to be a tension in which Russia intends to clearly dominate and reinstate herself as the strongest of the sisters.

Analysing all parties involve

Russia: It is understandable for the strongest to continuously want to dominate and show off its power - so I think they have a right to make this kind of move. But they need to apply diplomacy. The single reason for this is that the self-acclaimed strongest nation of the world (America) is indirectly saying it's against that move and since they also have backings from different countries, its no news that you can see sanctions against Russia from various powerful country and organizations of the world. Therefore Russia needs to be diplomatic about this move. Besides if reverse were the case and USA was to invade Ukraine I doubt if any country will stand in their way. So Russia needs to ask herself if it's ready to face the US and its allies before embarking on this journey.

Ukraine:
Prediction states that Ukraine will be the heaviest loser of this war but in reality sometimes upsets happen. The strongest can get defeated by the weak. Therefore the Ukrainian government really needs to ask - if they can win this war if not then I think the leader should find a way to romance the Russian leader.
Besides from the look of things I doubt if Ukraine has strong allies. If they are counting on the Americans, am sure they heard Biden said they will sanction Russia, provide Ukraine with necessary weapons but are not going to war with them which implies Ukraine are still on their own. A strong ally should be able to stand with you in battle and fight your enemies alongside with you. Same goes for NATO and other nations since "sanction" seems to be their punishment after Russia might have eliminated you. Besides since the NATO you are trying to join which is causing the rift between you and Russia are not standing tall for you, my suggestion is to suspend ties with them and be under the wing and protection of your Russian brother.

America:
It is also understandable for one of if not the strongest country in the world to make a say in disputes like this. And I must say one of the reasons I respected the Americans is that they are fair and fight for the truth. They see this as a clear case of oppression and abuse of power and I think that's why they are standing against Putin. Clearly they tend to support the Ukrainians but yet from afar. May be cause of their rift with Russia they just tend to back Ukraine but I don't think they actually fancy them just like the saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Should the Americans be careful? Well I don't think so. But not withstanding we can't be too careful since other rivals can one way or another use this against them.

China:
It is so glaring that they have their eyes set on only one goal - become the strongest nation and power house of the world. I wouldn't blame them since their story is the one of a slave who wish to eventually become the master so it's understandable. And since US seems to be their arch rival they will do anything not to be behind them hence their supporting the Russians. Another clever perspective to this is that war unlike sport weakens you even when you win since you will definitely lose a lot in terms of army, civilians and weapons. And they can easily pounce on the victor before they regain their strength since they will hardly be fresh or at full strength.

Re: Russia/Ukraine Fight: Mathematical Implications And Critical Analysis (photos) by cherishmichael: 8:06am On Feb 26, 2022
War is no good thing, let them reason with themselves.
Re: Russia/Ukraine Fight: Mathematical Implications And Critical Analysis (photos) by Ortintin: 9:56am On Feb 26, 2022
cherishmichael:
War is no good thing, let them reason with themselves.
Exactly. There is nothing to be gained from it
Re: Russia/Ukraine Fight: Mathematical Implications And Critical Analysis (photos) by cherishmichael: 10:11am On Feb 26, 2022
Ortintin:

Exactly. There is nothing to be gained from it
that's just it boss.
Re: Russia/Ukraine Fight: Mathematical Implications And Critical Analysis (photos) by Ortintin: 6:25pm On Feb 27, 2022
Press:
Food is ready for the press. These are issues the press will do everything to add more fuel to the fire. Anything done or said by both parties is always exaggerated. In fact the biggest winners from this kind of issues are the press.

(1) (Reply)

Disunited State Of America: How A Superpower Is Crumbling Before Our Eye / A Rare Leadership Quality By Ukrainian President / Blacks Keeps Crying Racism. Why Don't They Do This Instead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.