Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Getting A Job As A Programmer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Getting A Job As A Programmer (1091 Views)

How Did You Land You First Job As A Self-taught Developer? / [Career Post] "What Are My Chances Of Getting A Job As A Web Developer?" / Working Or Looking For Foreign Remote Software Developer Job As A Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting A Job As A Programmer by sparrowg: 9:51am On Feb 26, 2022
Hello senior developers.. pls I want to ask .. can knowing only Javascript very well get someone a job ??
Re: Getting A Job As A Programmer by airsaylongcome: 10:18am On Feb 26, 2022
Do you know DSA in that JS you say you know in depth?
Re: Getting A Job As A Programmer by Smartdev10: 3:39am On Mar 01, 2022
Yeah
Re: Getting A Job As A Programmer by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 07, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Do you know DSA in that JS you say you know in depth?
DSA is not necessary for every tech field.
If he's an ethical hacker or a cyber security expert then knowing DSA is not an absolute necessity.
Same with a Devops engineer, a systems engineer, a 3d animator etc etc.
DSA, despite the recent hype is not a requirement for every field of tech.
Re: Getting A Job As A Programmer by airsaylongcome: 8:58pm On Mar 07, 2022
Kellzzyy:

If he's an ethical hacker or a cyber security expert then knowing DSA is not an absolute necessity.

Did you see the title of the OPs thread? Or are you talking for talking sake? He clearly asked about Programming and mentioned a specific Programming Language FY

And NO there is no "recent hype" about DSA. IT has always been a core requirement for programmers. I learnt about DSA 19 years ago in Uni. And those that taught me learnt about DSA many more years earlier than that
Re: Getting A Job As A Programmer by qtguru(m): 9:29pm On Mar 07, 2022
Kellzzyy:

DSA in the long run for a dev is important, if you want to advanced the ladder to a degree, the interviews
Re: Getting A Job As A Programmer by Nobody: 5:13am On Mar 08, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Did you see the title of the OPs thread? Or are you talking for talking sake? He clearly asked about Programming and mentioned a specific Programming Language FY

And NO there is no "recent hype" about DSA. IT has always been a core requirement for programmers. I learnt about DSA 19 years ago in Uni. And those that taught me learnt about DSA many more years earlier than that
Why are you being combative.
I made that statement of fact for posterity sake and in order to make straight the twisted path.

Knowledge of DSA will always be a 'nice to have for every field of tech' but it is certainly not a requirement in every field.

It might not have been in context, but take the points and leave arguments.
Re: Getting A Job As A Programmer by Nobody: 5:16am On Mar 08, 2022
qtguru:

DSA in the long run for a dev is important, if you want to advanced the ladder to a degree, the interviews
Yeah, for a dev.
But not every field in tech is strictly dev.
Like I said, an ethical hacker, or a sound processing engineer, network automaton engineer, 3d animator etc etc, doesn't necessarily need extended knowledge of DSA.
Re: Getting A Job As A Programmer by qtguru(m): 7:28am On Mar 08, 2022
Kellzzyy:

Yeah, for a dev.
But not every field in tech is strictly dev.
Like I said, an ethical hacker, or a sound processing engineer, network automaton engineer, 3d animator etc etc, doesn't necessarily need extended knowledge of DSA.

Yeah

(1) (Reply)

Can't Connect To D Net On Linux / Where Can I Do Computer Networking Programme In Portharcourt? / Multimedia (mms)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.