Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,809 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

How Long Did It Take You To Become Sufficiently Proficient In Javascript?? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Long Did It Take You To Become Sufficiently Proficient In Javascript?? (976 Views)

How Long Did It Take You To Become A Professional In Programming / Programmer Proficient In Connecting To A Web Service Through JSON In Wordpress / Mobile App Developers Proficient In Java And Swift/objective C Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Did It Take You To Become Sufficiently Proficient In Javascript?? by jbreezy: 4:22pm On May 27, 2022
Javascript has been categorized as one of the easiest programming languages to learn. But even with that assertion, a new learner without foundational knowledge of any programming language might find Javascript quite magical and difficult at the first stage of learning. I could remember I once cried while learning because the difficulty made me believe there was no way I'll become a programmer, thank God I didn't quit though.
So, it took me around 5 months, and an average of 7 hours daily practice and development of rookie to intermediate projects, to become really comfortable with Javascript.
What about you?
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become Sufficiently Proficient In Javascript?? by etoluw: 7:19pm On May 27, 2022
about 6 months
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become Sufficiently Proficient In Javascript?? by stanliwise(m): 12:11am On May 28, 2022
What do you mean by proficient?
One could code a full project with JS and still not be so proficient as JS can be used in the wrong way

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become Sufficiently Proficient In Javascript?? by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 28, 2022
Can't tell

Knowing how to manipulate DOM doesn't mean you're proficient tho

3 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become Sufficiently Proficient In Javascript?? by peterincredible: 2:58pm On May 28, 2022
i can't tell but i notice that in one year some can become good with a language (javascript,php,c# name it) as long as you use it regularly a year is enough to become dangerous with it
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become Sufficiently Proficient In Javascript?? by jbreezy: 7:54pm On May 28, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Can't tell

hmmmmm true
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become Sufficiently Proficient In Javascript?? by jbreezy: 7:57pm On May 28, 2022
peterincredible:
i can't tell but i notice that in one year some can become good with a language (javascript,php,c# name it) as long as you use it regularly a year is enough to become dangerous with it
This is not even far from the truth..I think people who find it unachievable to learn lack patience and consistency which are the core requirements to learn coding.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become Sufficiently Proficient In Javascript?? by realunclej(m): 10:56am On May 29, 2022
You never stop learning. It took me 3 months to learn Javascript and React and build my first product which is currently being used by a state government. But I have to go back to the basics after one year. You can follow my argument and my experience in this thread for fullstack developer https://www.nairaland.com/7150801/discussion-thread-best-learning-path
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become Sufficiently Proficient In Javascript?? by Phantaminum1(f): 8:41pm On May 29, 2022
I didn't even use up to one month learning JavaScript. Immediately after learning the basics, i moved to ReactJs.

Since i won't be building stuff with vanilla JavaScript, i felt it would be pointless learning it for so long.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become Sufficiently Proficient In Javascript?? by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 29, 2022
Phantaminum1:
I didn't even use up to one month learning JavaScript. Immediately after learning the basics, i moved to ReactJs.

Since i won't be building stuff with vanilla JavaScript, i felt it would be pointless learning it for so long.

Hahahaha.

Don't worry

Very soon you'd realiZe you need that vanilla in all your dishes

4 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become Sufficiently Proficient In Javascript?? by jbreezy: 11:20pm On May 29, 2022
Phantaminum1:

Hahahah...please go back to your vanilla js and learn it solidly well...Trust me, your react journey may not be a smooth one without solid knowledge of js..no be curse ooh.!!

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become Sufficiently Proficient In Javascript?? by jbreezy: 11:20pm On May 29, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Hahahaha.

Don't worry

Very soon you'd realiZe you need that vanilla in all your dishes
Lol she go learn
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become Sufficiently Proficient In Javascript?? by jbreezy: 6:22am On May 30, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Can't tell

oh yea maybe I should have used comfortable.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become Sufficiently Proficient In Javascript?? by dapojaja(m): 4:11am On Jun 03, 2022
That's how my time got wasted leaning Angular. I was thinking some syntax were angular whereas they are pure vanillajs. I have to properly learn vanillajs by doing some projects in plain js both node end and browser end. That's what made sense.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Pay For Play Console With $20 Limit / Vacancy!!! 20 Freelancers Needed To Work On A Project / Ict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.