Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,341 members, 7,853,520 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:17 PM

An Apple A Day - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Apple A Day (126 Views)

3 Maryam Abacha University Students Die In Accident A Day After Final Year Exam / An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctors Away / Share A Day You Can Never Forget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Apple A Day by Mufflietharsh: 12:30pm On Feb 26, 2022
Meghan prepares to hand out free apples at King and Bay.

“People who work in the financial district tend to get most of their food from the fast-food restaurants located in the concourse,” said Meghan Telpner, stationed at the southeast corner of King and Bay.
“I’m convinced if healthy options were readily available, they might take them. So I’m here to see if that’s correct.”

Read More: need for speed payback derelict mustang

Meghan had pedaled her bicycle down from Parkdale, where she’s a nutritionist. And where it’s easy to get a healthy, cheap, lunch.
In the financial district, the foodcourts are filled with plenty of fast food outlets, but healthy food options aren’t easy to find. Meghan handed out free apples and advice on nutrition.

“Cheap ingredients make cheap food,” said Meghan. “People want quick things. They want their energy to spike back up, so they get refined foods. You end up with a 3 o’clock crash without fail.
That’s when people reach for another coffee, or reach for donuts or candy.”
Also Read: cheat engine age of decadence

Donuts and candy bars are more expensive and unhealthy. “An apple is a more effective way to boost your energy levels,” Meghan said. An apple costs much less than a dollar.

How did Meghan do after an hour?

“I gave out 100 apples,” said Meghan. “Most of the people who stopped to chat were from out of town. I couldn’t give an apple to anyone in a suit. People become a little more receptive towards the end of the lunch hour. But there was definitely a lack of smiles and eye contact.”

Meghan talks to a visitor from out of town.

Would Meghan be willing to try it again?

“For sure!”
Also Read: [url=conflict-news.com/titanfall-2-origin-overlay-not-working]origin overlay not working titanfall 2 [/url]:

(1) (Reply)

It's Testimony Time Guys... Years Of Dental Problems Gone Within Two Days / Hymn Video: Rock Of Ages By Jspee Instrumentals / Tips For Shopping For A Bread Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.