Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,449 members, 7,843,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Are Bank Officials Involved In Fraud? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Are Bank Officials Involved In Fraud? (391 Views)

Police Arrest Bank Officials Planning Robbery, Hackers Trying To Steal N3.4bn / Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video / “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Bank Officials Involved In Fraud? by quadraheem(m): 2:40pm On Feb 26, 2022
Could it be that some bank officials are involved in crime?

Two days ago I got a call from my account manager, I have three corporate accounts, whenever there's an issue with my account or when I need my statement I do talk to my various account manager to help with them.

I got the call, he said he would like to see me for a discussion, can we talk about it over the phone I asked, he said no.

Fortunately for him, I already planned to be at a place close to the branch, we scheduled an appointment, I wanted to come to the bank buy he said that won't be necessary, rather we should meet in a restaurant very close to the branch.

I alerted him of my arrival and within 15 minutes he was out to join me at the restaurant but he wasn't alone, he was with a collegue, I know this guy inside the bank as well.

Without wasting much time, I asked why he wanted to see me and why he didn't want us to me at the bank.

Then he said, he wants to discuss something with me, according to him some people are in need of help, they are business men and they are involve in inportation of goods from China and they don't carry out their payment with personal account, they are in need of a corporate account that can help them receive the money and then pay it out immediately to another account, I know you run a coperate account with us and you run good numbers, I just feel you'll be the best to help these people with their payment.

I sighed because I could feel that there is more to what this guy is telling me, I just sat there staring at them and reading their reactions, while in my thoughts the other guy jumped in with his own submission

"don't worry Tade, your own funds won't be tampered with and all the charges will be taken care off by them and myself and lagbaja already proposed to them that you might not want to do it for free, so if they need to pay you for using your account they'll do that"

That statement confirmed my suspicion and I immediately knew these guys were planning to move illegal funds through my account.

How much is this money I asked, he said 190m, where are these people that needs my help? Well!! We feel it'll be good to just talk to you, they don't live in Lagos. Of all the people operating corporate account in your bank I am the one you choose to approach for this, "yes maybe because of our cordial relationship and because you are more approachable"

"I am more approachable" could that mean that I am naive or foolish or that they feel that I am young or a lady that won't be able to read through the line� well let's leave that aside, that's me just thinking out loud.

According to you they've been into the business of inportation, he said yes, how have they been making their payment before now?
He began to rumble and immediately I stopped the conversation.

You know what, my corporate account is strictly for my business and I don't accept any money that's not meant for my business into that account, besides I do my tax clearance every month, so I'm very careful with the funds that goes in there and the ones that goes out of the account because I pay tax on them all.

Also tell these folks to continue with the mode of payment they've been using if truly they've been in the importation business as you've claimed, this shouldn't be their first transaction and I see no reason why two bank officials should take this too serious to want to present this offer to another customer if there's no more to it.

" No Tade, I promise this is nothing at all, it's just to help them make some payment, the money won't even be in your account for long, immediately it enters you'll make the payment immediately to another account"

I do not care about the duration it'll use inside my account but I'm not interested I said.

He wanted to persuade me further then I told him I'll have to go into the bank and talk to their manager, that was when he said no need. Tade, you don't have to, we'll get another person to help us with the payment.

I've heard similar stories of people that are now in jail due to this simple mistake, ignorance, they'll come to you that they want to receive some money with your account, they'll even give you commission on it but when such money is being traced it'll come back to you and you'll have no prove to show that it wasn't yours, someone here on Facebook is serving jail term just because of this.

Many of the fraudsters today now move their funds through other people's account, some people give their consent for gains while some are totally unaware.

Don't fall into that trap, be wise.

Written by Omotade Mack

2 Likes

Re: Are Bank Officials Involved In Fraud? by holluwizzy: 2:47pm On Feb 26, 2022
Directly or indirectly.

Most are committing are fraud.

quadraheem:
Could it be that some bank officials are involved in crime?

Two days ago I got a call from my account manager, I have three corporate accounts, whenever there's an issue with my account or when I need my statement I do talk to my various account manager to help with them.

I got the call, he said he would like to see me for a discussion, can we talk about it over the phone I asked, he said no.

Fortunately for him, I already planned to be at a place close to the branch, we scheduled an appointment, I wanted to come to the bank buy he said that won't be necessary, rather we should meet in a restaurant very close to the branch.

I alerted him of my arrival and within 15 minutes he was out to join me at the restaurant but he wasn't alone, he was with a collegue, I know this guy inside the bank as well.

Without wasting much time, I asked why he wanted to see me and why he didn't want us to me at the bank.

Then he said, he wants to discuss something with me, according to him some people are in need of help, they are business men and they are involve in inportation of goods from China and they don't carry out their payment with personal account, they are in need of a corporate account that can help them receive the money and then pay it out immediately to another account, I know you run a coperate account with us and you run good numbers, I just feel you'll be the best to help these people with their payment.

I sighed because I could feel that there is more to what this guy is telling me, I just sat there staring at them and reading their reactions, while in my thoughts the other guy jumped in with his own submission

"don't worry Tade, your own funds won't be tampered with and all the charges will be taken care off by them and myself and lagbaja already proposed to them that you might not want to do it for free, so if they need to pay you for using your account they'll do that"

That statement confirmed my suspicion and I immediately knew these guys were planning to move illegal funds through my account.

How much is this money I asked, he said 190m, where are these people that needs my help? Well!! We feel it'll be good to just talk to you, they don't live in Lagos. Of all the people operating corporate account in your bank I am the one you choose to approach for this, "yes maybe because of our cordial relationship and because you are more approachable"

"I am more approachable" could that mean that I am naive or foolish or that they feel that I am young or a lady that won't be able to read through the line� well let's leave that aside, that's me just thinking out loud.

According to you they've been into the business of inportation, he said yes, how have they been making their payment before now?
He began to rumble and immediately I stopped the conversation.

You know what, my corporate account is strictly for my business and I don't accept any money that's not meant for my business into that account, besides I do my tax clearance every month, so I'm very careful with the funds that goes in there and the ones that goes out of the account because I pay tax on them all.

Also tell these folks to continue with the mode of payment they've been using if truly they've been in the importation business as you've claimed, this shouldn't be their first transaction and I see no reason why two bank officials should take this too serious to want to present this offer to another customer if there's no more to it.

" No Tade, I promise this is nothing at all, it's just to help them make some payment, the money won't even be in your account for long, immediately it enters you'll make the payment immediately to another account"

I do not care about the duration it'll use inside my account but I'm not interested I said.

He wanted to persuade me further then I told him I'll have to go into the bank and talk to their manager, that was when he said no need. Tade, you don't have to, we'll get another person to help us with the payment.

I've heard similar stories of people that are now in jail due to this simple mistake, ignorance, they'll come to you that they want to receive some money with your account, they'll even give you commission on it but when such money is being traced it'll come back to you and you'll have no prove to show that it wasn't yours, someone here on Facebook is serving jail term just because of this.

Many of the fraudsters today now move their funds through other people's account, some people give their consent for gains while some are totally unaware.

Don't fall into that trap, be wise.

Written by Omotade Mack
Re: Are Bank Officials Involved In Fraud? by bmdmix11: 3:07pm On Feb 26, 2022
make e open cooperate acc then.
or ask him family member
Re: Are Bank Officials Involved In Fraud? by Goldbw122(m): 3:24pm On Feb 26, 2022
They are fraudster everywhere.
Re: Are Bank Officials Involved In Fraud? by yuping(m): 3:41pm On Feb 26, 2022
undecided
Re: Are Bank Officials Involved In Fraud? by obiekunie01: 3:43pm On Feb 26, 2022
they are big thieves! all of them!

it is bank staffers that give information to armed robbers to attack banks.

you see that thing u will stay and be receiving alert on transaction you did not innitiate ba?? bank staffers are the major thieves that rob you of ur money thats why when you go to report the issue at the bank, they will use every possible means to frustrate and discourage you from pursuing your stolen funds!

are you aware that they use cctv to monitor and record you while u use ur atm?

what they do is to review the atm cctv at their convenient time then take note of ur atm pin especially if u have some reasonable funds in ur account, then they colabo with their pos operators to make the withdrawals while they the insiders disable your otp whn the illegal withdrawals are going on.

if our country is not useless, tell me why banks with the huge responsibility of securing customer funds be engaging contract staffers that whn you disengage them they will use their in depth knowledge of banking operations to go into scamming the bank customers.

if our country is not useless, why will any tom dik and harry just easily go and obtain a pos machine and start running financial services and having access to peoples financial database - no government verification no data of the pos operator! is it even legal for an individual to operate a non-regulated financial services?

the fish is terribly rotten!
Re: Are Bank Officials Involved In Fraud? by superCleanworks(m): 3:50pm On Feb 26, 2022
Old method.
Re: Are Bank Officials Involved In Fraud? by Fashionista01(f): 11:14pm On Feb 26, 2022
They are cooperate thieves.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Court Sentences Man To Death For Raping, Murdering Landlady / Catholic Church Attack In Owo Is A Declaration Of War On Yoruba People-akintoye / Man Got St@bed By Wife Because He Bought Cigarettes With Money Meant For Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.