Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,862 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized (21838 Views)

EFCC Confirms Mompha Arrest, Releases Statement And Photos / Trailer Load Of Tramadol And Other Drugs Seized By Customs Officials. Photos / Cannabis, Tramadol Top Drugs Seized By NDLEA In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by Aonkuuse(m): 4:44pm On Feb 26, 2022
A major drug kingpin operating the notorious Patey Lagos Island drug haven, in Lagos state, Mrs. Sherifat Kehinde Lawal has been arrested along with six other suspects by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, who also recovered 5,862 kilograms of assorted illicit drugs including Loud and Codeine in a raid on Saturday 26th February 2022.

Following credible intelligence and follow up surveillance on illicit drug dealing in Osho, Gambari, and Beecroft Streets, Patey Area of Lagos Island, anti-narcotic officers stormed the Gambari street base of the drug kingpin where they arrested her and six of her accomplices at 9:30am Saturday 26th Feb. Other members of the cartel operating in the axis however mobilised hoodlums who attacked the operatives with stones, bottles and guns in a bid to prevent the officers from arresting other kingpins marked for arrest as well as taking the suspects already nabbed and drug exhibits away.

The operatives were able to tactically defend themselves, took the suspects and exhibits away. Other suspects in custody with Mrs. Lawal include: Ahmed Yisau; Solomon Alape; Olayemi Akinola; Salami Qudus; Bakare Rafiu; Rose Samson; Yusuf Rofiat, and Chukwudi Egon.

In his reaction to the development, Chairman/Chief Executive of NDLEA, Brig. Gen. Mohamed Buba Marwa (Retd) commended the officers and men of the Lagos Command of the Agency for the successful operation. He warned those being used by drug cartels to obstruct or attack anti-narcotic officers in the course of doing their work to desist or face dire consequences.

Femi Babafemi
Director, Media & Advocacy
NDLEA Headquarters, Abuja
Saturday 26th February 2022

https://www.facebook.com/100069123281551/posts/261061116207996/

8 Likes

Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by BigYash: 4:54pm On Feb 26, 2022
Disturbing America grin

Them never still parade super cop ,the drug Baron. But they are quick to parade these poor dealers.

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by Boogyman557: 4:55pm On Feb 26, 2022
Holly Gram cool

E be like sey make I carry Does drugs go luck 4 my BUNK..

ABEG free my G...

SEE better HIGHNESS!

WTF MAN!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by FaceTanke: 5:00pm On Feb 26, 2022
Arizona no be bomb nah

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 26, 2022
NDLEA have turned to Judge , jury and Executioner because these are street boys.

Why didn't they dish out the same parade treatment to Abba Kyari the Super Tailor cum Drug Negotiator cum Police Man.

I can bet my balls that the drug recovered from Today's raid is not worth as much as the drug Kyari Negotiated on

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by YeyeGbami: 5:03pm On Feb 26, 2022
I knew it! Most people don't know the kind of power NDLEA wield.

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by 12345baba(m): 5:03pm On Feb 26, 2022
Na ndlea dey reign now o

8 Likes

Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by Stevenson20: 5:03pm On Feb 26, 2022
That's a whole lot of money there grin
I hope NDLEA will not divert their own share. I don't trust all these our crime fighters

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by abobote: 5:03pm On Feb 26, 2022
This NDLEA has been very active since the caught the drug lord(Abba Kyari)

10 Likes

Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by NotoriousBiggyS: 5:03pm On Feb 26, 2022
Instead of War on Poverty, they got a War on Drugs so the Police can bother us

Tupac shakur

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by luscioustrish(f): 5:03pm On Feb 26, 2022
Hmm
Loud
Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by CAPITALBEE: 5:05pm On Feb 26, 2022
Thank you NDLEA for your service and outstanding gallantry during the raid!

Say No To Drugs!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by FreeStuffsNG: 5:05pm On Feb 26, 2022
Gen Marwa was once our Military Administrator in Lagos so he knows the terrain very well.
I commend our Patriots in NDLEA for this great job.

No space for drug epidemic in Lagos.

All the enemies of Lagos and Nigeria will lose las las.

This is another proof that law enforcement is top notch here in Lagos.

Meanwhile, please bring your investments to Lagos today.

The rule of law works in Lagos and there is no hiding place for criminals like them in Lagos.

I urge you to bring your investments to Lagos today.

In Lagos, you and your investments are safe and your investment is guaranteed of great returns.

We are a very hospitable people . We are the startup capital of Africa and we have the best run city economy in Africa in terms of GDP.

We have a vibrant population and we are the World Economic Forum-rated Africa's No 1 cosmopolitan city with with many infrastructures, a prestigious University of Lagos(UNILAG) that has produced notable Nigerians like the current V.P ,Prof. Yemi Osibanjo,SAN, beaches, great folklore traditional Yoruba & contemprorary Yoruba Afro hip-hop music , the city of Grammy Award winners and food!

Invest in Lagos today, please.

Thank you.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by inoki247: 5:05pm On Feb 26, 2022
lol you people go pack tire...

Diz one wey people desperation dey increase every day.....

Even inside prison dem dey sell weed....

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by Bahdenglish: 5:06pm On Feb 26, 2022
Say NO to DRUG

DRUGERS are liable to die younger

4 Likes

Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by DatNaijaGuy: 5:06pm On Feb 26, 2022
Ff
Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by maticar: 5:06pm On Feb 26, 2022
when Abba Kyari??
Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by lapazi(m): 5:06pm On Feb 26, 2022
I love that buba marwa guy, nice one NDLEA

10 Likes

Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by jacoik(m): 5:07pm On Feb 26, 2022
Marwa for president

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by buckeyemedia: 5:07pm On Feb 26, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool

E be like sey make I carry Does drugs go luck 4 my BUNK..

ABEG free my G...

SEE better HIGHNESS!

WTF MAN!
Don’t mind those useless aboki infested NDLEA, is cannabis illegal?

Even Jay Z & Justin Bieber have their own branded hemp.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by iamphilips(m): 5:07pm On Feb 26, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by DoggoneDogg: 5:08pm On Feb 26, 2022
NDLEA just reduced Lagos IGR by 20% with this bust

4 Likes

Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by seyicook: 5:09pm On Feb 26, 2022
Damn, this some massive raid from the Narcos !!!

5 Likes

Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by buckeyemedia: 5:09pm On Feb 26, 2022
lapazi:
I love that buba marwa guy, nice one NDLEA
Babylonian spotted, JAH drive them back & enlighten us more like the burning bush that spoke to Moses
Re: NDLEA Releases Statement On Lagos Island Raid, 5,862kg Of Drugs Seized by Pathokpo: 5:09pm On Feb 26, 2022
BigYash:
Association of name checkers over to you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bandits Threaten To Marry Off Kidnapped Daughters Of Abubakar Bello Furfuri / Toyota Camry Stolen In Lagos At Gun Point, Valuables Lost, Account Emptied / Man Killed By A Gully Site In Cross River State By Armed Gangsters (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.