Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,970 members, 7,825,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

UKRAINE: Chelsea Owner - Roman Abrahamovich Steps Aside - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UKRAINE: Chelsea Owner - Roman Abrahamovich Steps Aside (255 Views)

EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich / Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Relinquishes Stewardship Of Club / Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UKRAINE: Chelsea Owner - Roman Abrahamovich Steps Aside by KOVIC19COVID20: 8:08pm On Feb 26, 2022
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has relinquished the "stewardship and care" of the club to their charitable foundation.

In a statement released on the Blues' official website, Abramovich said: "During my nearly 20-year ownership of Chelsea FC, I have always viewed my role as a custodian of the Club, whose job it is ensuring that we are as successful as we can be today, as well as build for the future, while also playing a positive role in our communities.

"I have always taken decisions with the Club’s best interest at heart. I remain committed to these values. That is why I am today giving trustees of Chelsea’s charitable Foundation the stewardship and care of Chelsea FC.

"I believe that currently they are in the best position to look after the interests of the Club, players, staff, and fans."

Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/roman-abramovich-chelsea-ukraine-russia-26338591

Re: UKRAINE: Chelsea Owner - Roman Abrahamovich Steps Aside by Mustiboy(m): 8:08pm On Feb 26, 2022
So sad
Re: UKRAINE: Chelsea Owner - Roman Abrahamovich Steps Aside by KOVIC19COVID20: 8:09pm On Feb 26, 2022
https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2022/02/26/statement-from-club-owner-roman-abramovich

KOVIC19COVID20:
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has relinquished the "stewardship and care" of the club to their charitable foundation.

In a statement released on the Blues' official website, Abramovich said: "During my nearly 20-year ownership of Chelsea FC, I have always viewed my role as a custodian of the Club, whose job it is ensuring that we are as successful as we can be today, as well as build for the future, while also playing a positive role in our communities.

"I have always taken decisions with the Club’s best interest at heart. I remain committed to these values. That is why I am today giving trustees of Chelsea’s charitable Foundation the stewardship and care of Chelsea FC.

"I believe that currently they are in the best position to look after the interests of the Club, players, staff, and fans."

Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/roman-abramovich-chelsea-ukraine-russia-26338591
Re: UKRAINE: Chelsea Owner - Roman Abrahamovich Steps Aside by Babaken(m): 8:15pm On Feb 26, 2022
Just because of one man stubbornness many will die loose love one's and properties is too bad.

1 Like

Re: UKRAINE: Chelsea Owner - Roman Abrahamovich Steps Aside by Madaraire(m): 8:19pm On Feb 26, 2022
A commendable move from the oligarch. If he had adamantly held on to the role of the stewardship of the club, the club would have been on the spot light for the wrong reason.
Re: UKRAINE: Chelsea Owner - Roman Abrahamovich Steps Aside by inoki247: 8:27pm On Feb 26, 2022
we mus strip Chelsea off dere point and give it to Man UTD or Arsenal....

Abeg we need check Man City also if dem no get any link with Russia no time..

(1) (Reply)

Ousmane Dembele Agreed To Join Chelsea To Link Up With Tuchel / Carabao Cup Prize Money Confirmed As Liverpool, Chelsea,arsenal & Spurs Received / BREAKING: #roman Abramovich Sells #chelsea And Will Donate Profits To #ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.