Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Roman Abramovich Hands Chelsea 'stewardship' To Club's Charity Trust Following R - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Roman Abramovich Hands Chelsea 'stewardship' To Club's Charity Trust Following R (282 Views)

Saudi Arabia Trip: Messi Apologises To Club, Teammates / Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Relinquishes Stewardship Of Club / Manchester City To Bid Emotional Farewell To Club Legend, Sergio Aguero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roman Abramovich Hands Chelsea 'stewardship' To Club's Charity Trust Following R by Boss469(m): 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2022
BREAKING

Roman Abramovich has handed "stewardship and care" of Chelsea to the club's charitable foundation following Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

There have been calls from MPs this week that Russian-born Abramovich should not be allowed to own Chelsea due to his alleged links to Vladimir Putin's regime.

In a rare statement from Abramovich which was released on the club's website, the Chelsea owner said: "During my nearly 20-year ownership of Chelsea FC, I have always viewed my role as a custodian of the club, whose job it is ensuring that we are as successful as we can be today, as well as build for the future, while also playing a positive role in our communities.

"I have always taken decisions with the Club's best interest at heart. I remain committed to these values. That is why I am today giving trustees of Chelsea's charitable Foundation the stewardship and care of Chelsea FC.

"I believe that currently they are in the best position to look after the interests of the Club, players, staff, and fans."

After Russian troops crossed the border into Ukraine on Tuesday, Labour MP Chris Bryant told the House of Commons that the Russian-Israeli billionaire should have his assets seized, questioned whether he should be allowed to operate a football club himself, and quoted a leaked government document suggesting he should not be allowed to be based in the UK.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12552691/roman-abramovich-hands-chelsea-stewardship-to-clubs-charity-trust-following-russia-invasion-of-ukraine

Re: Roman Abramovich Hands Chelsea 'stewardship' To Club's Charity Trust Following R by Ecos(m): 8:16pm On Feb 26, 2022
Chelshit don finish kpatakpata be that oh. Thank God grin. Dem go soon go relegation too!. Body just dey sweet me like this like this grin

Re: Roman Abramovich Hands Chelsea 'stewardship' To Club's Charity Trust Following R by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 26, 2022
uhm let him pack and return to Russia with immediate effect
Re: Roman Abramovich Hands Chelsea 'stewardship' To Club's Charity Trust Following R by Emdsa: 8:16pm On Feb 26, 2022
Ok
Re: Roman Abramovich Hands Chelsea 'stewardship' To Club's Charity Trust Following R by inoki247: 8:17pm On Feb 26, 2022
we mus strip Chelsea off dere point and give it to Man UTD or Arsenal....

Abeg we need check Man City also if dem no get any link with Russia no time..
Re: Roman Abramovich Hands Chelsea 'stewardship' To Club's Charity Trust Following R by Ecos(m): 8:20pm On Feb 26, 2022
grin
inoki247:
or mak we mus strip Chelsea off dere point and give it to Man UTD or Arsenal....

Abeg we need check Man City also if dem no get any link with Russia no time..
grin Enemy of progress!! Na arsenal we go pity give
Re: Roman Abramovich Hands Chelsea 'stewardship' To Club's Charity Trust Following R by rayvelez(m): 8:21pm On Feb 26, 2022
This UK will just be making irrational decisions people will be outta of job.
Re: Roman Abramovich Hands Chelsea 'stewardship' To Club's Charity Trust Following R by BIZNess123(m): 8:26pm On Feb 26, 2022
cry
I really feel pains for Russia rt now ...
War is a no no for me

But I know these war is in the protection of its citizens against imminent danger..
No country will love itself surrounded by weapons of mass destruction..

I know Russia will come out strongly...

Meanwhile nobody sanctioned NATO after massive destruction it has caused several nations.. and destabilise it..
Re: Roman Abramovich Hands Chelsea 'stewardship' To Club's Charity Trust Following R by NwaNimo1(m): 8:26pm On Feb 26, 2022
Let the decline begin................

[img]https://media1./images/6cc4005e9c31e608c7d9d39f9499716f/tenor.gif?itemid=21121898[/img]

.....RIP Chelski.

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldinho Vs Okocha / Weekend Berekete Odds / Winning On My Channel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.