Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria (14162 Views)

DSS Uncovers Plot To Destabilize North-Central Nigeria / Yerima Shettima: Nnamdi Kanu Is Evil, Sponsored To Destabilize Nigeria / DSS Releases Another Warning Alert Over Plot To Destabilize Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:12pm On Feb 26, 2022
The resources available to various terror rings is enough to destabilise the country, Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufa’i said yesterday, The Nation reports.

He believes the nature of terrorism in the Northwest is far more vicious than the Boko Haram insurgency in the Northeast.

The governor spoke at the weekly Ministerial Briefing organised by the Presidential Media Team at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

He said preliminary investigations revealed that some security operatives were working for terrorists.

According to him, while 937 were killed and 1,972 kidnapped by bandits in Kaduna in 2020, a total of 1,192 were killed and 3,348 kidnapped last year.

The governor reiterated that the only answer to ending terrorism in all its forms is by total elimination.

He said terrorists, especially those involved in banditry and kidnapping, have adapted their crime forms into a business, with a financial turnover, their original trades in cattle breeding could not generate.

El-Rufai said the effort to tackle the menace had been uncoordinated.

He said some governors thought negotiating with the criminals would solve the problem but realised that it was a mistake.

On whether the terrorists collude with security agents, El-Rufai said: “Yes, we are concerned and it is not impossible to have infiltrators.

“The preliminary report of Boko Haram financing also showed some links to bandits and pointed to some police and military officers in service as having some communication or connection with the bandits.

“So, there’s always that risk. In any system you have traitors and we’re concerned about that. But to date, we don’t have any firm evidence of that. I think a lot more work needs to be done.

“We need to pursue the financing and logistics chain of banditry as well because the amount of money these bandits are making is enough to destabilise this country. It is a lot of money.

“We only have an idea of what it is because those that make the payments don’t tell us the truth all the time, but we hear from the legal intercepts of the conversations about how much money they are asking for, how much they have received and so on.

“The numbers are mind-boggling. It’s a major source of national insecurity and it will grow unless it is decisively dealt with. So, yeah I am concerned.”

He believes the security situation in the Northcentral is far worse than the Northeast.

El-Rufai said: “I am persuaded that the insurgency in the Northwest is far more lethal, far more serious than Boko Haram, both in terms of the numbers of people affected.

“As you can see, this is just Kaduna numbers, one or two years. I can assure you the numbers in Zamfara and Katsina are two to three times this if they are keeping tabs.

“The numbers in Sokoto, Niger and Kebbi will be about this. So, we are talking of tens of thousands of people getting killed, getting kidnapped. It is far more serious than Boko Haram.

“The only thing is that these guys don’t take territories. They are in the forests, ungoverned spaces.

“So, they do not attract the same kind of single-minded attention that Boko Haram does and because Boko Haram’s ideologies are religious or contentiously religious, you know, it elicits more passion.”

He said the state government established the peace commission so as to end the conflicts unsettling Southern Kaduna, emphasising that true peace will not be achieved without dialogue.

He said the state has also invested a lot into technology to fight crime, adding that some of the gadgets procured had assisted the state to locate the hideouts of the criminals.

The governor believes the strength of the entire police and armed forces is far below the need of the country.

He noted that in some cases, the criminals wield more powerful firearms and ammunition.

The governor said he was not keen to run for another political office at the end of his tenure.

“I’m not an ambitious person. I’m just a person that gets things done when given the opportunity and that’s why I’ve never lobbied for a job, I’ve never desired to.

“Even this governorship, it was President Buhari that literally forced me to run. I wasn’t interested in it. I just wanted us to defeat (former President Goodluck) Jonathan and I’ll come to the Villa and be enjoying myself.

“I would have been one Special Adviser (Domestic). Anytime they are flying to New York, I’m there. That is the life and I would not have had grey hairs.

“But the President insisted that some of us must go and run for governorship, just in case he did not get elected again. He felt that we needed some strong governors, those were the words he used.

“So, I was forced into this. I’ve never desired to be Minister of FCT. (Former President Olusegun) Obasanjo just called me and said I am appointing you. I’ve never wanted to be DG of BPE, I was called and given. So, I have zero ambitions. I have no aspirations”, he said.

https://www.signalng.com/money-in-the-hands-of-bandits-enough-to-destabilize-nigeria-el-rufai/

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by olisaEze(m): 10:14pm On Feb 26, 2022
Who put it in their hands, Oga? Since you know reach like dis why is sheik gumi still walking around free?? Abeg, what are dey waiting for, let dem start to destabilize na! There is no monopoly on madness, the Naija project don kuku tire everybody. angry

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by NwaNimo1(m): 10:15pm On Feb 26, 2022

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by ebenezary(m): 10:16pm On Feb 26, 2022
Mad oo
Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by Lastmankc(m): 10:19pm On Feb 26, 2022
See dis terrorist

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by Nbotee(m): 10:22pm On Feb 26, 2022
OGRESS what did U do about them as governor??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by remsonik(f): 10:23pm On Feb 26, 2022
Are you exalting criminal acts and all corruption carried by our political leaders. Same young ones will see it and want to go into all sorts of criminal acts that pays well than working in stress and in the right manner earning bread crumbs
Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by ChiefSosa(m): 10:24pm On Feb 26, 2022
I have no problem, as long as they keep this Boko haram nonsense and terrorism in the North. After all, they are terrorists businessmen.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by youngeagle(m): 10:55pm On Feb 26, 2022
Who paid them... Still you

5 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by smatt1711: 11:03pm On Feb 26, 2022
I know that is why they kept this guys.... 1st if you are a politician and you did not aligne with this bandits you can't campaign in the North and if you do you might get assassinated, I still don't know why both Bokoharam and Bandits are so difficult for us to deal with.... Because of politics? ..... It will take INEC 3 months to register voters card but it will take FG 10 years to issue everybody NIN........... Sim card registration is only for the South, and the South pays tax that is spent on fighting terrorism....open your bank App and see deductions . How can this country Develope with this heavy leakage ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by Coolsperm: 11:06pm On Feb 26, 2022
So what are the bandits waiting for, the should go ahead, we Yoruba Muslims are even tired of beging for unity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by FreeStuffsNG: 12:15am On Feb 27, 2022
I truly feels his frustrations with the terrorist elements.
He is not taking prisoners at all and I urge him to remain focused. The goiod thing is that these terrorist bandits are not ghosts.
He can truly defeat them and I am happy with grounds he is gaining.

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose.
May God bless Kaduna state and may God bless Nigeria for ever.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by Sonoyom(m): 12:16am On Feb 27, 2022
Oo
Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by DropsMic(m): 3:17am On Feb 27, 2022
You mean enough to destabilize the North6

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by jamoxal951: 3:17am On Feb 27, 2022
And you can't stop the bandit since all this days yeye govt

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by Dreamhighnow(m): 3:19am On Feb 27, 2022
He is already telling them what to do

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by CryptoTeacher(m): 3:19am On Feb 27, 2022
True talk. Unfortunately, many bandits were empowered by politicians. They started as political thugs

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by Dreamhighnow(m): 3:19am On Feb 27, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
I truly feels his frustrations with the terrorist elements.
He is not taking prisoners at all and I urge him to remain focused. The goiod thing is that these terrorist bandits are not ghosts.
He can truly defeat them and I am happy with grounds he is gaining.

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose.
May God bless Kaduna state and may God bless Nigeria for ever.

How much are u paid for this

21 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by Nobody: 3:23am On Feb 27, 2022
Is this hell-rufai?It is unlike him.This terrorists master that empowers his boys.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by goldtube(m): 3:30am On Feb 27, 2022
cool
Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by gerrardomendes(m): 3:31am On Feb 27, 2022
Says their spokesperson

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by Mindlog: 3:33am On Feb 27, 2022
Are they no longer businessmen?

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by Brushstrokes20: 3:43am On Feb 27, 2022
No thanks to the nepotic, satanic govt of SELF SERVING THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS! undecided
The shithole is grossly bereft of sane and sound leaders!

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by Dreamstarr443: 3:47am On Feb 27, 2022
Finally, Seun don get competitor
leXHansplaCE73: I just joined the Up. .Ghana forum and already addicted to it
Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by Chigozirimkpoma: 3:47am On Feb 27, 2022
shocked

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by Wazobia2216: 3:50am On Feb 27, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:

“The preliminary report of Boko Haram financing also showed some links to bandits and pointed to some police and military officers in service as having some communication or connection with the bandits.

“So, there’s always that risk. In any system you have traitors and we’re concerned about that. But to date, we don’t have any firm evidence of that. I think a lot more work needs to be done.
https://www.signalng.com/money-in-the-hands-of-bandits-enough-to-destabilize-nigeria-el-rufai/
El-rufai, are you kidding us right now

Tell us something we don't know not these same old cock and bull stories!

Tell us why we should have the military, Nigerian police when you have to pay these terrorists to stop killing undecided

There has been revelations of governments working with terrorists and here you are changing the narratives with no evidence for that matter grin grin

If its in the South East now, you guys will be in the north and receive the intelligent report from the East!

Hope Uzodinma, I think you don see your life for outside

Well in summary, Elrufai alias failure/akerekoro ended up saying nothing!

Stupid man!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by smallsmall: 3:51am On Feb 27, 2022
Hell Rufai and Hypocrisy are like 5 & 6.

Was he not the same man paying-off Terrorist Fulani Herdsmen?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by Prodigy777(m): 3:53am On Feb 27, 2022
I think he does his bootlicking for free.
Dreamhighnow:

How much are u paid for this

6 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by CheapWebsite1: 3:56am On Feb 27, 2022
smiley
Re: El-Rufai: Money In The Hands Of Bandits Enough To Destabilize Nigeria by Gval123: 3:58am On Feb 27, 2022
The only time i will agree that we have terrorist in Nigeria is when they start killing Politicians and they allies, For now , i still believe politicians are just using their boys to terrorize us, we the ordinary masses are at their mercy economically, now, they want our lives to be at their mercy. Wait oh, how many governor, senators, house of rep members, Ministers have these terrorist killed? They are always killing our mothers, fathers, children. Why them nor day kill governor mama? una say them get weapons abi? oh, na only to go kill for farms, schools, church, mosque them sabi abi? Abeg, na Nigeria politicians day use these boys take day kills us

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: SE PDP Backs Southern Governors’ Stance On Zonning Presidency To The South / Keyamo: Atiku, Kwankwaso Have No Street Credibility / INEC Releases List Of Polling-units For The Mock Accreditation On 4th February

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.