Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice (3633 Views)

Fonio: Could This Be A Cheaper Substitute For Rice? (Pictures) / I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy / Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 7:19am On Feb 28, 2022
Egusi stew is a traditional stew that can be served with rice just like the tomato stew.
It tastes so great. Many people don't know about this yummy egusi stew, but it's very delicious and will always leave you wanting some more! So I prepared it at home and wish to share the recipe

INGREDIENTS

1) 2 cups of melon seeds (Egusi)
2) Goat meat or any other meat, tripes and cow intestine as desired
3) 1/2 cup of crayfish
4) Dried catfish (mangala) as desired
5) 12 medium sized tomatoes
6) 3 knorr cubes
7) 3 medium sized onions
cool ugu leaves
9) Scent leaves
10) fresh red pepper
11) 1 cup of vegetable oil
12) seasoning powder
13) Thyme for seasoning the meat
14) Salt to taste

For the procedure, check out this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rribnxseQOg

Enjoy your Egusi stew!

1 Like

Re: Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 7:26am On Feb 28, 2022
Yummy!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 28, 2022
You people are just trying so hard to spoil egusi. angry
How can you replace sweet luscious palm oil with vegetable oil angry angry angry
The age long method of cooking egusi soup still remains the same and tastes better with whatever you decide to eat it with.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by athaboi(f): 7:37am On Feb 28, 2022
Was served with it at somewhere in university of Nigeria nsukka...not bad though, the taste of the cent leaf in it made it so nice
Re: Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by donbachi(m): 8:12am On Feb 28, 2022
Women and fakery.

Fake eyelash
Fake nails
Fake face
Fake breast
Fake nyansh

Now,

Fake egusi stew...ok oo!

Ogbono stew,afang stew,okro stew loading....
Re: Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by donbachi(m): 8:13am On Feb 28, 2022
EkehPraise:
How can you replace sweet luscious palm oil with vegetable oil angry angry angry
The age long method of cooking egusi soup still remains the same and tastes better with whatever you decide to eat it with.
no mind dat favour wey no get flavour

1 Like

Re: Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 11:18am On Feb 28, 2022
donbachi:
no mind dat favour wey no get flavour
Thank you
Re: Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 11:19am On Feb 28, 2022
athaboi:
Was served with it at somewhere in university of Nigeria nsukka...not bad though, the taste of the cent leaf in it made it so nice
Yeah it tastes great if properly cooked

1 Like

Re: Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by Kobojunkie: 11:42pm On Feb 28, 2022
EkehPraise:
So if you no get access to Palm Oil, you no go cook soup again? undecided

1 Like

Re: Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 12:16pm On Mar 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So if you no get access to Palm Oil, you no go cook soup again? undecided
This egusi recipe is for serving rice and not for swallow. That's why vegetable oil, tomatoes, scent leave and seasoning powder were included. It tastes great with rice

1 Like

Re: Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by Kobojunkie: 3:21pm On Mar 01, 2022
Favour315:

This egusi recipe is for serving rice and not for swallow. That's why vegetable oil, tomatoes, scent leave and seasoning powder were included. It tastes great with rice
I see myself eating this with my marshed potatoes, cocoyams, makala, and all other kinds of swallow actually. undecided

I don't know about anyone else, but I truly believe this will work for those of us who don't live within walking distance of a Nigerian market. We still get to partake in the soup without breaking the bank or our backs.. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 10:28pm On Mar 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I see myself eating this with my marshed potatoes, cocoyams, makala, and all other kinds of swallow actually. undecided

I don't know about anyone else, but I truly believe this will work for those of us who don't live within walking distance of a Nigerian market. We still get to partake in the soup without breaking the bank or our backs.. smiley
undecided undecided
Re: Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Mar 02, 2022
Favour315:

undecided undecided
So long as it is made with egusi, no be egusi soup e be? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 11:32pm On Mar 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So long as it is made with egusi, no be egusi soup e be? undecided

Na you sabi
Re: Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 1:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
EkehPraise:
We are not spoiling your egusi, we are being creative, we are modifying your egusi. Lols
Re: Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2022
Yummy melon stew!
Re: Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 6:36am On Mar 20, 2022
Happy Sunday lovelies
Much love from here
Re: Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 8:05am On Mar 23, 2022
Good morning people.
Re: Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 6:48am On Mar 27, 2022
Good morning fam. Happy Sunday everyone. Egusi stew can be a good match for your rice today. If you haven't tried it yet, try it and let me know how it turned up
Re: Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by Younext: 8:50am On Mar 27, 2022
Favour315:
Good morning fam. Happy Sunday everyone. Egusi stew can be a good match for your rice today. If you haven't tried it yet, try it and let me know how it turned up
Ate it twice sometime ago it was simply mad

Delicious I mean cheesy
Re: Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 2:02pm On Mar 27, 2022
Younext:
Ate it twice sometime ago it was simply mad

Delicious I mean cheesy
My love for that stew ee

(1) (Reply)

Goko Herbal Cleanser, A Cure For Diseases / My Sister & I Ate An Expired Noodles- Any Side Effects? / Menu For A Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.