Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:01 AM

Mastering My Tasks - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mastering My Tasks (136 Views)

Vonn Publisher Celebrates Birthday, Tasks For A Better Nigeria / NGO, USLACC Tasks Youths On Mechanized Agriculture / Operation Last Hold: Commander Tasks Troops On Discipline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mastering My Tasks by gg923520: 7:43am On Feb 28, 2022
Like my email, I have highly automated the management of my tasks. As most executives can attest, tasks come from many sources. I get tasks from meetings, projects, email, phone calls, customer visits, and just walking down the hall.

Some of my tasks are routine and I do them every day. Some are part of my long-term planning and I must complete them over a period of time. Most of them are important and most of them are urgent.
Capturing All My Tasks

Also Read: breeders of the nephilim cheats

The most critical aspect of the tasks is to capture it. In David Allen’s Getting Things Done, he talks about putting your tasks into a trusted system where you know that they will be managed to completion. That way you can forget about them and just know that they will be handled, freeing your mind from having to keep track of them.

I have a lot of systems that capture my tasks, some very sophisticated and some very simple. Many of my tasks are captured with my voice recorder. I always carry a small digital voice recorder with me that I capture impromptu tasks request.

I just record the tasks into it and I know it will end up on my tasks list. Each night, I plug the voice recorder into my computer and the files are transferred to a folder in my Windows Briefcase. When I synchronize the briefcase, the files are transferred to the server, where my assistant can access them. In the morning, she listens to the tasks and creates Outlook tasks for each of the recordings.

I cannot stress how important this system is to my success. I usually end up with 10-15 tasks a day captured with my voice recorder. I know that without this system, half of them would never get captured and thus completed.

My PDA/phone has a voice recorder on it, but it does not work well for me. Many of my tasks need to be captured while I am on my phone. I have not seen a phone that allows you to record and talk on the phone at the same time, although this would be a very good feature.

I am also experimenting with using a voice recognition program to automatically create tasks from the voice files, but I have not figured this out yet.

Please read: how to install blade and sorcery mods

In addition to the voice recorder, I have several systems that I capture tasks with each day. I will go over each of these in later chapters, but this will give you an overview.

Whenever I am in a meeting, I use Microsoft OneNote to take notes. This is a great program and I often amazed at how well thought out it is. One of its great features is that I can highlight any text, press one button, and turn the text into tasks in Outlook. It even creates a link back to the note so that when the task is completed, it is marked in OneNote.

Whenever I have a customer activity; whether it be a meeting, phone call, or correspondence; I log the tasks that I commit to in my company’s Microsoft CRM system.

This system has great integration with Outlook and any task automatically creates an Outlook tasks for me. For projects, I have implemented ManagePro. This system is much more powerful and intuitive than Microsoft Project and also has full integration with Outlook.

All of these systems integrate with Outlook and this allows me to manage my tasks in one location. Even though I am not a raving fan of Outlook, its partner support is a tremendous advantage.

Read More: how to make chains in minecraft

(1) (Reply)

Some Nigerian Newspaper Headlines 5/03/2022. / Some Nigerian Newspaper Headlines 10/03/2022. / Website For Sale At Low Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.