Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,085 members, 7,828,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race (1918 Views)

APC Convention: How Buhari, Governors Shared Party Positions Ahead Of 2023 Poll / APC Convention: How Adamu Emerged Consensus Candidate / PDP Convention: How PDP Governors Floored Atiku, Saraki, Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by augustine77: 9:23am On Feb 28, 2022
Facts have emerged on how the Minister of Transport, Hon. Chibuike Amaechi drafted the chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) national reconciliation committee, Senator Adamu Abdullahi into the party's national chairmanship race.

Adamu had on January 31 submitted his committee's report to the APC leadership. However a few days later, in a surprise move, he announced his intention to vie for the office of the APC national chairman.

Checks revealed that the minister, who is believed to be nursing a presidential ambition, reportedly approached the former governor with a proposal to contest for the position of the APC national chairman.

Sources close to Senator Abdullahi disclosed that he pointedly rejected the proposal on the ground that it was morally wrong for a man who was appointed to reconcile a party to turn around to seek to become it's national chairman.

He was also said to have complained that he didn't have the resources to pull a campaign through, but that Minister Amaechi provided the funds through a ranking senator from Borno State penciled down to head the minister's presidential campaign whenever it kicks off

The minister was also said to have assured Senator Abdullahi tht he would use his contacts in the Presidential Villa to ensure that he gets the support of President Buhari.

In return. Abdullahi was to ensure that he used his position as national chairman to ensure Amaechi got the APC presidential ticket later in the year.

"Adamu Abdullahi pointedly told Amaechi that even if he had the energy to contest, he lacked the financial muscle considering that he is heavily indebted to some banks," offered a source close to the ministry.

The minister, in tow with Senator Ali Ndume, who has been reportedly penciled down to head the Amaechi campaign organization.

Worried by the unending crisis in APC state chapters, the party had in February 2020 appointed a former interim national chairman Chief Bisi Akande to head a 12-man reconciliation committee. Interestingly, the crisis heightened.

Following the sack of the Adams Oshiomhole-led party executive, the caretaker committee in mid-September 2021 appointed a nine-man reconciliation committee to mend the cracks. APC elders, who held that the previous panel failed because of Akande's "weakness". They suggested "a stronger personality" like Senator Abdullahi Adamu.

"The stronger personality like Senator Abdullahi has now turned out to be an albatross. The consensus kite flown by the Amaechi camp has set the party's wheel of progress back. APC governors are meeting today to see how they can salvage the situation. We're going to come out of this confusion stronger," a party chieftain declared.

Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by Truthisunique2: 9:42am On Feb 28, 2022
One thing I know for free is that Abdullahi was never in the list of names presented to Buhari to choose from, almakura of CPC was favourite

For Abdullahi to overnight emerged it is beyond doubt that a powerful external person influenced it even against Buhari preferred CPC loyalist

Amaechi is already the de-facto president awaiting his swearing in

6 Likes

Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by Truthisunique2: 9:42am On Feb 28, 2022
grin

Some people dey tour across the country begging obas to beg buhari

Some people sitdown for house dey influence the decisions of the ones they are grouping to go beg

There are levels to this game, regional leader dey learn where one Nigeria Delta man dey

4 Likes

Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by fatatoulli: 9:44am On Feb 28, 2022
Now the real race has started

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by cktheluckyman: 9:45am On Feb 28, 2022
RCA giving Tinubu and his SW kinsmen sleepless nights

8 Likes

Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by gozmok1(m): 9:45am On Feb 28, 2022
you can't convince any new person to vote tilumbu apart from Yoruba Muzlems

Even in yolobaland it's always 45% vs 55% split

You can't convince we in south south let alone Igbos

Middlebelt with their majority won't go for tilumbu

Buhari isn't supporting tilumbu so how would he get votes in north

Dead Ambition, anyway like buhari said he should keep consulting till he reach fifa and uefa

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by Truthisunique2: 10:00am On Feb 28, 2022
Dem no dey tell blind man say rain dey fall

If you get less than a year to exit as president and already have a candidate in mind

You would gradually begin to relinquish power to such person to control things, this is how you know the chosen one

He recommends what happens in presidency, he recommends what happens in party

3 Likes

Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by Alphagan(m): 10:03am On Feb 28, 2022
No "sauce"...??
Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by Bravetunde: 10:07am On Feb 28, 2022
Truthisunique2:
grin

Some people dey tour across the country begging obas to beg buhari

Some people sitdown for house dey influence the decisions of the ones they are grouping to go beg

There are levels to this game, regional leader dey learn where one Nigeria Delta man dey
Why have you chosen to pepper will Yorobad fake Muslims like these.
From what I'm seeing there is no hope for even osinbajo.
You say you are from itsekiris,don't you know that you are the descendents of the yorubas and Benin too.
You are a Yoruba man,so support us instead of supporting other ss/se that are Biafrans

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by Truthisunique2: 10:09am On Feb 28, 2022
Bravetunde:

Why have you chosen to pepper will Yorobad fake Muslims like these.
From what I'm seeing there is no hope for even osinbajo.
You say you are from itsekiris,don't you know that you are the descendents of the yorubas and Benin too.
You are a Yoruba man,so support us instead of supporting other ss/se that are Biafrans
lol, I dey here to massage fake Muslims pain with aboniki grin grin

Dem say Amaechi no get level presidency reply them directly say Na Amaechi dey influence government decision

He no get level but you can't sit on the same table with him at party decision making

2 Likes

Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by FreeStuffsNG: 10:11am On Feb 28, 2022
Hahaha..... Everything and everyone will be alright las las.

2 Likes

Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by Truthisunique2: 10:13am On Feb 28, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Hahaha..... Everything and everyone will be alright las las.
pains and consolment

By the time your drug god decamps to SDP we go see wether Abe go follow enter Yoruba regional party grin grin grin cheesy

Infact make the full rivers vote PDP, obj lost his entire region and became president

3 Likes

Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by FreeStuffsNG: 10:16am On Feb 28, 2022

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by Truthisunique2: 10:16am On Feb 28, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
cry
yes o, polling unit no dey nairaland stop spamming us with druggie graphic pics

grin grin sit and watch us make decision that makes you gnash your teeth
Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by Ttalk: 10:18am On Feb 28, 2022
Truthisunique2:
lol, I dey here to massage fake Muslims pain with aboniki grin grin

Dem say Amaechi no get level presidency reply them directly say Na Amaechi dey influence government decision

He no get level but you can't sit on the same table with him at party decision making

IPOB political analyst, always linking every comment with Tinubu and Yoruba.

At least you've admitted that some people are inconsequential. The Ipob.com
Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by Truthisunique2: 10:19am On Feb 28, 2022
Ttalk:

IPOB political analyst, always linking every comment with Tinubu and Yoruba.

At least you've admitted that some people are inconsequential. The Ipod.com
Abdul, stop drinking alcohol from germs infested kettle

E dey affect your eyes to see I didn't mention any tribe or name
Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by BlazinGlory40: 10:36am On Feb 28, 2022
Truthisunique2:
yes o, polling unit no dey nairaland stop spamming us with druggie graphic pics

grin grin sit and watch us make decision that makes you gnash your teeth

Bros, sometimes I wonder if you have some other things you spend your time doing because you are always all over the place on every thread.
Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by Truthisunique2: 10:38am On Feb 28, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

Bros, sometimes I wonder if you have some other things you spend your time doing because you are always all over the place on every thread.
you that have better things doing with your time have the luxury of stalking me

If you are so pained avoid quoting me, no be you dey sub for me

Next time you say trash i go give you enough reasons to utilise rakiti
Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by Ttalk: 10:41am On Feb 28, 2022
Truthisunique2:
pains and consolment

By the time your drug god decamps to SDP we go see wether Abe go follow enter Yoruba regional party grin grin grin cheesy

Infact make the full rivers vote PDP, obj lost his entire region and became president

You didn't mention any tribe. Mkuprumiri has damaged your reasoning. Always going forward and backward with juvenile analysis that can best be describe as joke
Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by Truthisunique2: 10:42am On Feb 28, 2022
[s]
Ttalk:

You didn't mention any tribe. Mkuprumiri has damaged your reasoning. Always going forward and backward with juvenile analysis that can best be describe as joke[/s]
Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by Olatomiwami(m): 10:54am On Feb 28, 2022
gozmok1:

Dead Ambition, anyway like buhari said he should keep consulting till he reach fifa and uefa

What's your hatred for Tinubu? Is he the one to blame for your miserable life? Y can't u campaign for ur brother s and face your region?
Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by Ttalk: 11:11am On Feb 28, 2022
Olatomiwami:

What's your hatred for Tinubu? Is he the one to blame for your miserable life? Y can't u campaign for ur brother s and face your region?

They don't have any candidate to market, hence the campaign of calumny
Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by BlazinGlory40: 11:15am On Feb 28, 2022
Truthisunique2:
you that have better things doing with your time have the luxury of stalking me

If you are so pained avoid quoting me, no be you dey sub for me

Next time you say trash i go give you enough reasons to utilise rakiti

Relax bro! Following comments on thread isn’t the same thing as stalking you. I don’t have that luxury of time to stalk people on a faceless platform so don’t get it twisted inugo!
Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by Truthisunique2: 11:27am On Feb 28, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

Relax bro! Following comments on thread isn’t the same thing as stalking you. I don’t have that luxury of time to stalk people on a faceless platform so don’t get it twisted inugo!
keep shifting goal post

Don't quote me and spew that trash again cos no be you dey feed me

I have a right to participate in electioneering debate because i know what I suffered from terrible government policies simply because I allowed some dunce control the political space with deceit in 2015
Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by SIONKPO1(m): 1:12pm On Feb 28, 2022
Truthisunique2:
One thing I know for free is that Abdullahi was never in the list of names presented to Buhari to choose from, almakura of CPC was favourite

For Abdullahi to overnight emerged it is beyond doubt that a powerful external person influenced it even against Buhari preferred CPC loyalist

Amaechi is already the de-facto president awaiting his swearing in
Tinubu will use Yoruba's in NRC to deal with Amaechi
Amaechi is a flop,nothing to show for in the South -South he hails from
Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by SarkinYarki: 1:55pm On Feb 28, 2022
gozmok1:

Tinubus ambition is dead on arrival

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: How Amaechi Drafted Abdullahi Into Race by Truthisunique2: 2:31pm On Feb 28, 2022
SIONKPO1:

Tinubu will use Yoruba's in NRC to deal with Amaechi
Amaechi is a flop,nothing to show for in the South -South he hails from
have the Yoruba in APC or NRC been able to save him from disgrace since

(1) (Reply)

PMB, Osinbajo Hiding Under Immunity As Massive Looting Continues: US Govt / Look At This Superfly Photo Of Adams Oshiomhole And Asiwaju Tinubu / Osinbajo Supporters Are Now Supporting Peter Obi (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.