Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Chelsea's Abramovich Trying To Broker Peace Between Russia & Ukraine - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Chelsea's Abramovich Trying To Broker Peace Between Russia & Ukraine (269 Views)

Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff / Roman Abramovich Suffered Suspected Poisoning At Russia-Ukraine Peace Talk / Peace Talks Ended Between Russia And Ukraine With No Breakthrough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea's Abramovich Trying To Broker Peace Between Russia & Ukraine by ruggedtimi(m): 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2022
The Russian-Israeli billionaire handed "stewardship and care" of Chelsea to the club foundation's trustees on Saturday, in a move aimed to protect the Stamford Bridge club.

But now the 55-year-old is trying to help bring an end to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

"I can confirm that Roman Abramovich was contacted by the Ukrainian side for support in achieving a peaceful resolution, and that he has been trying to help ever since," Abramovich's spokesperson told the PA news agency.

"Considering what is at stake, we would ask for your understanding as to why we have not commented on neither the situation as such nor his involvement. Thank you."
Ukrainian film director and producer Alexander Rodnyansky also confirmed Abramovich's involvement, insisting the Chelsea owner was the only person to respond to calls for help.

Rodnyansky has claimed that representatives from Ukraine's government have expressed gratitude for Abramovich's attempts at help.

"I can confirm that the Ukrainian side have been trying to find someone in Russia willing to help them in finding a peaceful resolution," said Rodnyansky.

"They are connected to Roman Abramovich through the Jewish community and reached out to him for help.

"Roman Abramovich has been trying to mobilize support for a peaceful resolution ever since. Although Roman Abramovich's influence is limited, he is the only one who responded and taken it upon himself to try.

"If this will have an impact or not, I don't know, but I am in contact with Zelensky's staff myself, and know that they are grateful for his genuine efforts."
"They are connected to Roman Abramovich through the Jewish community and reached out to him for help.

"Roman Abramovich has been trying to mobilize support for a peaceful resolution ever since. Although Roman Abramovich's influence is limited, he is the only one who responded and taken it upon himself to try.

"If this will have an impact or not, I don't know, but I am in contact with Zelensky's staff myself, and know that they are grateful for his genuine efforts."
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12553983/chelsea-owner-roman-abramovich-trying-to-broker-peace-between-russia-ukraine-according-to-spokesperson

Re: Chelsea's Abramovich Trying To Broker Peace Between Russia & Ukraine by superCleanworks(m): 12:18pm On Feb 28, 2022
abeg make una leave baba olowo out of this matter.
Re: Chelsea's Abramovich Trying To Broker Peace Between Russia & Ukraine by TheSourcerer: 7:01am On May 16, 2022
ruggedtimi:
The Russian-Israeli billionaire handed "stewardship and care" of Chelsea to the club foundation's trustees on Saturday, in a move aimed to protect the Stamford Bridge club.

But now the 55-year-old is trying to help bring an end to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

"I can confirm that Roman Abramovich was contacted by the Ukrainian side for support in achieving a peaceful resolution, and that he has been trying to help ever since," Abramovich's spokesperson told the PA news agency.

"Considering what is at stake, we would ask for your understanding as to why we have not commented on neither the situation as such nor his involvement. Thank you."
Ukrainian film director and producer Alexander Rodnyansky also confirmed Abramovich's involvement, insisting the Chelsea owner was the only person to respond to calls for help.

Rodnyansky has claimed that representatives from Ukraine's government have expressed gratitude for Abramovich's attempts at help.

"I can confirm that the Ukrainian side have been trying to find someone in Russia willing to help them in finding a peaceful resolution," said Rodnyansky.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12553983/chelsea-owner-roman-abramovich-trying-to-broker-peace-between-russia-ukraine-according-to-spokesperson
Ransoms hello , please remember to smile ,trust me it helps ,have a great great day ....smiley

(1) (Reply)

Russian Solider Surrenders Tank To Ukraine After Kyiv Offers $10,000 Reward / Putin Is An Amateur / The Truth Of The Alleged Bucha Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.