Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,678 members, 7,844,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

We''ll Get You Caos Warns Sect [boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We''ll Get You Caos Warns Sect [boko Haram (634 Views)

Terrorist Sect Boko Haram Elects New Leader (photo) / Deadly Islamic Sect Boko Haram Takes Over Police Academy In Borno State / President GEJ Finally Approves Amnesty For The Islamic Sect Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We''ll Get You Caos Warns Sect [boko Haram by Ddaji(m): 11:00am On Jun 28, 2011
The Chief Of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant-General Azubuike Onyeabor Ihejirika yesterday assured Nigerians of the capability of Nigerian Army to bring the activities of members of the Boko Haram sect to a stop any moment from now.

Ihejirika who spoke at the opening of the second Chief Of Army Staff conference holding in Abuja, said the activities of the group which has resulted in the loss of innocent lives and property in some parts of the country in the last one year, is an opportunity for officers and soldiers of the Nigerian Army to prove to the generality of Nigerians of its capability to adequately protect and defend the nation’s territorial integrity from external and internal aggressions.

The COAS, while noting that the bomb blast tactics implored by the group was relatively new to the country, announced that the army will use the opportunity of the conference to fashion out a lasting solution so that Nigerians can move freely and go about their lawful businesses without fear of being attacked by members of the group.

The army chief while assuring Nigerians to be calm as the army was on top of the situation, said, “I want to assure Nigerians that we are equal to the task. But as you are aware, we need to convince Nigerians beyond doubt of our capability and this is again the reason for this particular conference.

The Boko Haram menace and the tactics they implore are relatively new to the country and hence the need for this particular conference so that as commanders we will put our heads together and find out solutions. I am sure very soon the country will begin to witness improved security performance generally.”

Gen. Ihejirika, while stating that the two-day conference was aimed purely at discussing the current security situation in the country vis-a-vis the Boko Haram activities, told defence correspondents that “at the end of this meeting, we will come out with several decisions and I think during my press briefing on Wednesday,(tomorrow), we will give you highlights of some of the decisions. It is going to be a closed-door session because the issues we are tackling are issues bothering on security.

On the deployment of soldiers to man security check points in all the entry points into the Federal Capital, Ihejirika said the measure put in place is not limited to Abuja alone but that the army would extend same to other parts of the country.
source: http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/june/28/national-28-06-2011-004.html
Re: We''ll Get You Caos Warns Sect [boko Haram by johnie: 11:16am On Jun 28, 2011
COAS, I pray you don't get bombed next.

The IGP was "targeted" a day after he said the days of Boko Haram is numbered.

Now he has gone to the US to seek assistance.
Re: We''ll Get You Caos Warns Sect [boko Haram by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 28, 2011
Am heading to the arena!
This is going to be a big one!

After the wrestling, we shall know which of the two tortoise is male!

Lets hope this boko boys doesn't disgrace the Nigerian Army! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: We''ll Get You Caos Warns Sect [boko Haram by Kx: 11:49am On Jun 28, 2011
if the igp could be attacked after his utterances, one would expect that intelligence would rank over ammunition to make the coas be mindful of making a similar utterance.
Re: We''ll Get You Caos Warns Sect [boko Haram by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:33pm On Jun 28, 2011
johnie:

COAS, I pray you don't get bombed next.

The IGP was "targeted" a day after he said the days of Boko Haram is numbered.

Now he has gone to the US to seek assistance.

Absolute nonsense, who is afraid of this Boko Haram or whatever? the govt isnt ready to deal with this religious thugs. i have said it before that a state of emergency should be declared in that maiduguri and i promise you those terrorist will run away to another state. what is going on in those northern states is nothing but political not religious as they are claiming. we know those behind all this spate of bombings.
Re: We''ll Get You Caos Warns Sect [boko Haram by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 28, 2011
Cant nigerians just shut up and act fo once, must we always open our mouth all the time? Anyway, im waitng fo the next army formation to be bombed!
Nigerian officials always talk, boko haram always act.
Re: We''ll Get You Caos Warns Sect [boko Haram by joecrack(m): 1:52pm On Jun 28, 2011
All this talk by naija's security bosses as if they are politicians
if you want to shoot,shoot dont talk.
Re: We''ll Get You Caos Warns Sect [boko Haram by Odunnu: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2011
Less talk, more Action please.
Re: We''ll Get You Caos Warns Sect [boko Haram by maga1: 2:08pm On Jun 28, 2011
RICHIE BOI:

Absolute nonsense, who is afraid of this Boko Haram or whatever? the govt isnt ready to deal with this religious thugs. i have said it before that a state of emergency should be declared in that maiduguri and i promise you those terrorist will run away to another state.

The govt is ready but d problem is that no one knws who d bokoharamites are & d army cant just go ahead & start shooting pple in d town. D only solution is dat our so called sss shld wake up 4rm its slumber & do some intelligence gathering.
Re: We''ll Get You Caos Warns Sect [boko Haram by russellino: 2:44pm On Jun 28, 2011
maga1:

The govt is ready but d problem is that no one knws who d bokoharamites are & d army cant just go ahead & start shooting pple in d town. D only solution is dat our so called sss shld wake up 4rm its slumber & do some intelligence gathering.

To the contrary the govt knows the financiers and logistics leaders of the boko haram group. But why they are tip toeing around them instead of bringing the hammer down on them is the problem. People are getting killed everyday and they are still planning to move in. Thats why i just love the USA or Isreal. Who born dog! The leaders would have dissapeared since 2009

(1) (Reply)

Another Bomb By Boko Haram In Maiduguri / Islamic Banking Tears Nigerian Religious Leaders Apart . / Breaking News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.