Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,210 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Fuel Scarcity Worsens As NNPC Fails On Demands, Promises - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity Worsens As NNPC Fails On Demands, Promises (15183 Views)

Petrol Scarcity Worsens Nationwide / NNPC Fails To Account For 107 Million Barrels Of Crude, - Auditor General / Roland Ewubare Resigns As NNPC Chief Operating Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens As NNPC Fails On Demands, Promises by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 01, 2022
Xscape1993:
Someday all these pains will be in the past.

Thats when you die.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens As NNPC Fails On Demands, Promises by onyxo76(m): 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2022
Olunmercy56:
Ibadan is like war, the government knows what they are doing. They are increasing the fuel to #350 per liter gradually with styles that there is scarcity
of course, thar has been the plan all along, create a problem, cause scarcity and people will be forced to buy at any price.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens As NNPC Fails On Demands, Promises by alphaNomega: 3:41pm On Mar 01, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
Putin is responsible for this fuel scarcity.
Wicked man.
I have nothing to say to you
Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens As NNPC Fails On Demands, Promises by namo77: 4:16pm On Mar 01, 2022
pocohantas:
It is tiring…

No fuel,
No light,
Cost of transportation has increased,
Foodstuff and basic services has increased too.

I wish every Nigerian love and light in these perilous times.

Honestly, everything is messed up in Nigeria
Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens As NNPC Fails On Demands, Promises by papamalik(m): 5:01pm On Mar 01, 2022
IF THE ENTIRE LEADERSHIP ARE NOT STUPID AS THEIR PREDECESSORS, ARE WE NOT SUPPOSE TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE REFINERY WORKING OPTIMALLY IN NIGERIA? We have our own refineries sabotaged to death by people with vested interest. Are you telling me these refineries cannot be revived? Most of our politicians have stolen public funds to build refineries outside this country thereby exporting our crude oil to their own refineries and importing it back to sell to us at exorbitant rate. God has blessed us with crude oil, but our crude brain won't allow us to make things right. Very crude isn't it?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens As NNPC Fails On Demands, Promises by lextube: 8:10pm On Mar 01, 2022
The government want to increase the price of fuel.
They have been saying it since last year that by this year February or March, the price of fuel will increase.
In my opinion, this is a planned scarcity, aimed at increasing the price of fuel.
So Nigerians should brace up and get ready for severe inflation and hardship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens As NNPC Fails On Demands, Promises by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 01, 2022
philip0906:

This is a ridiculous posit. How many fuel scarcities did we have under jonathan? You are saying this is the first in this regime, whereas fuel scarcity has persisted for 2 months now. It started building in Abuja in January and eventually spread to other cities in february. What that means is that in terms of durations, this is long enough to rival any fuel scarcity regime.

By the way, the reason for the scarcity is not because of any adulterated fuel but how badly managed the petroleum industry has been with Buhari being the minister of petroleum.

Haba! Fear God naa. Under Jonathan, there was fuel scarcity every December especially during the festive periods. Are you denying that? Those queues disappeared under this government until now. You don't have to criticize the government every time. State where they have done well and hit them hard where they have messed up. Life no hard abeg
Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens As NNPC Fails On Demands, Promises by philip0906(m): 8:24pm On Mar 01, 2022
Siwel25:

Haba! Fear God naa. Under Jonathan, there was fuel scarcity every December especially during the festive periods. Are you denying that? Those queues disappeared under this government until now. You don't have to criticize the government every time. State where they have done well and hit them hard where they have messed up. Life no hard abeg
Name the “every Decembers” and how long each of those “every December” scarcity lasted?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens As NNPC Fails On Demands, Promises by Panda7(m): 10:14pm On Mar 01, 2022
stupid company, manage money they cannot, manage resource they cannot. who is employing the workers there, I am sure they are headed by buhari. upon all the money they have stolen
Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens As NNPC Fails On Demands, Promises by mnwogu(m): 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2022
Polite way of removing subsidy. By the time it takes like 3 months of scarcity, we will get used to buying it at #350. Better know it now.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens As NNPC Fails On Demands, Promises by fc450(m): 12:01am On Mar 02, 2022
thatsleepboy1:

Whether we like it or not, PMS is going to sell for ₦320-₦350 per litre this year and a huge protest will come up that'll make Buhari to sit up as he's rounding off his tenure.
No hate, Malami will be disgraced & removed, his days are numbered.
I have fuel for sale,25 litter,4000 only, pH base only oo
Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens As NNPC Fails On Demands, Promises by Emperorx: 10:27am On Mar 02, 2022
No petrol yet our petroleum minister has traveled to Kenya to attend anniversary while her citizens suffer.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens As NNPC Fails On Demands, Promises by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 02, 2022
philip0906:

Name the “every Decembers” and how long each of those “every December” scarcity lasted?

We do not even need to go far. It even happened in May 2015 before he handed over. I have attached a few reminders.

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens As NNPC Fails On Demands, Promises by philip0906(m): 11:17am On Mar 02, 2022
Siwel25:

We do not even need to go far. It even happened in May 2015 before he handed over. I have attached a few reminders.
Good! Now we have a fuel scarcity that has lasted 2 months...What was the longest fuel scarcity for each of these you shared with me?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens As NNPC Fails On Demands, Promises by philip0906(m): 2:01pm On Mar 02, 2022
Siwel25:

But the way, there has been atleast 3 scarcities before the present one, under Buhari. This is the fourth

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens As NNPC Fails On Demands, Promises by ivandragon: 8:32am On Mar 04, 2022
philip0906:

On this fuel scarcity issue, People have painted the GEJ administration so bad to make this PMB regime look good.

Fuel scarcity under GEJ was not as frequent as they make us believe & the major causes of scarcity under GEJ was because he was trying to check the importers who would in turn stop supplying to pressure government into paying bogus claims. The citizens too did not help matters by attacking the government thereby creating more pressure.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/article/140411-nigeria-fuel-shortage-oil

But the rhetoric of fuel scarcity being a regular occurrence under GEJ has been unchallenged for so long that people just take it for fact.

Also, this administration has increased fuel prices more than even OBJ & therefore cannot beat its chest about ensuring constant availability (which in itself is a lie because there have been at least 3 fuel scarcities before the present one). It can be argued that if GEJ had sold fuel at 140, then there won't have been any scarcity in his time...

P.S. GEJ still did not do well enough overall...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo AD Campaign Bus Destroyed By Hoodlums(photo) / 2023: Nobody Will Steal Money Under My Watch As President Of Nigeria – Atiku / Jigawa Donates Goats To 8,000 Widows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.