Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Vladimir Putin Is Facing Stiffer Opposition Than Expected -- Both Inside And Out - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Vladimir Putin Is Facing Stiffer Opposition Than Expected -- Both Inside And Out (365 Views)

Donald Trump Says Vladimir Putin Is Smart, 'Played Joe Biden Like A Drum' (Pics) / Putin Is Mad: Poroshenko Picks Up Arms To Defend Kyiv / Why Putin Is Invading Ukraine? (The Cable) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vladimir Putin Is Facing Stiffer Opposition Than Expected -- Both Inside And Out by wwwihy: 6:37am On Mar 01, 2022
(CNN)Five days into Russia's invasion of Ukraine, it seems things haven't gone exactly to plan for Vladimir Putin so far.

Western intelligence officials briefed repeatedly over the weekend that Russian forces have encountered "stiffer than expected" resistance from an outmanned and outgunned Ukrainian military.
Russia has thus far failed to take key cities across Ukraine, including the capital Kyiv. On Sunday, Ukrainian forces successfully repelled a Russian advance on a strategic airfield near Kharkiv, Ukraine's second-largest city, which has been under near-constant attack.
In addition to a fierce fightback from Ukrainian forces and civilians, the Russian invasion has suffered logistical challenges, with soldiers on the front line running short of fuel, ammunition and food.
"They are having problems," a NATO official said of the Russian forces, pointing to the alliance's latest intelligence. "They lack diesel, they are proceeding way too slow and morale is obviously an issue."
But a senior US defense official told reporters on Sunday that Russia has only used two-thirds of the total combat power applied to the mission, leaving a significant amount of forces available to press the offensive.

From unprecedented sanctions that are already hurting the Russian economy to international sport slowly turning on Moscow, Russia's international pariah status becomes more acute by the hour.
The economic pain will only get worse as time goes on. The ruble lost about 20% of its value against the dollar on Monday afternoon, and Russia's central bank has raised interest rates from 9.5% to 20%, a move that will hit Russian citizens in their pockets.,

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/28/europe/putin-stiff-opposition-ukraine-intl-cmd/index.html

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Is Facing Stiffer Opposition Than Expected -- Both Inside And Out by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:40am On Mar 01, 2022
With what I saw some hour ago ..looks like Putin's army are moving in full force for the next attack..
I hope they get destroyed and Ukraine hold their ground..

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Is Facing Stiffer Opposition Than Expected -- Both Inside And Out by sapientia(m): 6:42am On Mar 01, 2022
Serves him right
Re: Vladimir Putin Is Facing Stiffer Opposition Than Expected -- Both Inside And Out by Nbotee(m): 7:10am On Mar 01, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
With what I saw some hour ago ..looks like Putin's army are moving in full force for the next attack..
I hope they get destroyed and Ukraine hold their ground..

It won't be easy to hold them back but I must admit the Ukrainians are really valiant and willing to defend their country at all cost. Their resistance was unexpected. That's why Russia is now targeting both civilians and residential areas. Civilians are volunteering to fight. Even Russian speaking regions in the country are strongly condemning Russia. Na only nairaland keyboard Pro Putin analysts believe Putin and Russia is not to be blamed

4 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin Is Facing Stiffer Opposition Than Expected -- Both Inside And Out by TabletMan: 8:04am On Mar 01, 2022
Nbotee:

It won't be easy to hold them back but I must admit the Ukrainians are really valiant and willing to defend their country at all cost. Their resistance was unexpected. That's why Russia is now targeting both civilians and residential areas. Civilians are volunteering to fight. Even Russian speaking regions in the country are strongly condemning Russia. Na only nairaland keyboard Pro Putin analysts believe Putin and Russia is not to be blamed
I don't even understand this war again and if you follow news from nairaland you'll get lost.
Russia is fighting with many PMCs, some of the soldiers that attacked from Belarusian border are Belarusian soldiers and now they're forcing people of fighting age from the Donbass region to join the fight. Russia have good number of soldiers but hiring extra hands to fight Ukraine is what I don't understand.
Ukraine might fall but e go cost Russia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vladimir Putin Is Facing Stiffer Opposition Than Expected -- Both Inside And Out by Nbotee(m): 8:26am On Mar 01, 2022
TabletMan:
I don't even understand this war again and if you follow news from nairaland you'll get lost.
Russia is fighting with many PMCs, some of the soldiers that attacked from Belarusian border are Belarusian soldiers and now they're forcing people of fighting age from the Donbass region to join the fight. Russia have good number of soldiers but hiring extra hands to fight Ukraine is what I don't understand.
Ukraine might fall but e go cost Russia.

They know what they are doing, they are using mercenaries and dumb allies like Belarus to fight the war while holding back on their own men in case the war escalates and NATO and EU joins the fight. Na dat time Belarus eye go clear. That's why they are asking Russia to bring their Nuclear warheads on their soil lol

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Is Facing Stiffer Opposition Than Expected -- Both Inside And Out by TabletMan: 8:39am On Mar 01, 2022
Nbotee:

They know what they are doing, they are using mercenaries and dumb allies like Belarus to fight the war while holding back on their own men in case the war escalates and NATO and EU joins the fight. Na dat time Belarus eye go clear. That's why they are asking Russia to bring their Nuclear warheads on their soil lol
But people from Donbass region they're trying to liberate from Ukraine's incursion are already complaining that they've lost more men within these few days than they've since they started their secession movement. Even the Kharkiv state has Russian speakers but Russian soldiers have been attacking that city since the invasion started. I don't even know the purpose of this war again.

As for Belarus joining Russia to fight NATO, I can promise you that their president will die by missile from aircraft right in the city of Minsk unless he ran to Russia while the war is raging on.
Re: Vladimir Putin Is Facing Stiffer Opposition Than Expected -- Both Inside And Out by Kelvin3476: 8:50am On Mar 01, 2022
His nairaland hype men are lowering their voices in shame

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Is Facing Stiffer Opposition Than Expected -- Both Inside And Out by Nbotee(m): 8:55am On Mar 01, 2022
TabletMan:
But people from Donbass region they're trying to liberate from Ukraine's incursion are already complaining that they've lost more men within these few days than they've since they started their secession movement. Even the Kharkiv state has Russian speakers but Russian soldiers have been attacking that city since the invasion started. I don't even know the purpose of this war again.

As for Belarus joining Russia to fight NATO, I can promise you that their president will die by missile from aircraft right in the city of Minsk unless he ran to Russia while the war is raging on.

Russia jus wants to forcefully take over the running of affairs in Ukraine. The war is to overthrow the govt and put in a Pro Russian govt. Russia is still pained by their failure to impose a Pro Russian President during the last elections. Even the Eastern region Russia claim they want to liberate are picking up arms against the invading Russians becos na Everybody Russia dey attack inside Ukraine. They needed Belarus so they could attack from as many fronts as possible
Re: Vladimir Putin Is Facing Stiffer Opposition Than Expected -- Both Inside And Out by TabletMan: 9:13am On Mar 01, 2022
Nbotee:

Russia jus wants to forcefully take over the running of affairs in Ukraine. The war is to overthrow the govt and put in a Pro Russian govt. Russia is still pained by their failure to impose a Pro Russian President during the last elections. Even the Eastern region Russia claim they want to liberate are picking up arms against the invading Russians becos na Everybody Russia dey attack inside Ukraine. They needed Belarus so they could attack from as many fronts as possible
Let's wait and see how long Ukraine will resist this invaders.
If they can withstand this for three months, Russia troops will run back to Russia with/without command from above.
Re: Vladimir Putin Is Facing Stiffer Opposition Than Expected -- Both Inside And Out by Nbotee(m): 9:17am On Mar 01, 2022
TabletMan:
Let's wait and see how long Ukraine will resist this invaders.
If they can withstand this for three months, Russia troops will run back to Russia with/without command from above.

Nah they may not lost another week. Though with all the weapons support and volunteers coming in who knows. Saw Georgians volunteering to join the fight on Al Jazeera

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Is Facing Stiffer Opposition Than Expected -- Both Inside And Out by joyandfaith: 9:24am On Mar 01, 2022
Nbotee:

Nah they may not lost another week. Though with all the weapons support and volunteers coming in who knows. Saw Georgians volunteering to join the fight on Al Jazeera

After a month of constant fighting and economic sanctions, one or more these five things may happen.
1. Russia revolution
2. WW3
3. True ceasefire with reduction in ukraine map and world recognition of those regions.
4. Ukraine joining EU and NATO
5. Unipolar world order with Russia without putin a key player

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Is Facing Stiffer Opposition Than Expected -- Both Inside And Out by TabletMan: 9:33am On Mar 01, 2022
Nbotee:

Volunteers are just propaganda ish to kill the morale of Russians who have access to media. A volunteer can only handle machine gun at best . The Ukraine army are still intact and volunteers are just number boosters.

The weapons support are baby weapons in open field battle. The only good weapon is anti tank weapons which Ukrainian army always use on trucks which I see as waste lipsrsealed lipsrsealed .

If Russia is good with Intel and aircraft handling, this crisis would have been over.

(1) (Reply)

Russia's Judo Kick To The Western Financial Gut / Ukraine: Russia Warns The West: Russia Will Emerge Stronger / Ukrainian Refugees Are Welcomed With Open Arms-not So With Other People Fleeing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.