Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Fashola Blasts Nigerians Over Infrastructure Abuse - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Blasts Nigerians Over Infrastructure Abuse (496 Views)

BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport / Doyin Okupe Blasts Nigerians On Twitter For His Commendation Of EFCC Officials / Southeast Governors Meet Buhari Wednesday Over Infrastructure, Other Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Blasts Nigerians Over Infrastructure Abuse by Azeemokoya: 7:54am On Mar 01, 2022
The Minister of Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, on Monday appealed to Lagos residents to protect road drains and other infrastructure from all forms of abuse and damage.

Fashola made the appeal during an inspection tour of the ongoing Apapa-Oshodi-Ojota-Oworonshoki Expressway reconstruction project in Lagos.

He said Nigerians should take ownership of the Apapa-Oshodi-Ojota-Oworonshoki Expressway and other projects, and put a stop to all forms of road abuse.

The minister decried dumping of refuse in drains of the ongoing project and others across the state, soliciting the support of residents on proper refuse disposal.

Fashola said the federal government was including beautification to the Apapa-Oshodi-Ojota-Oworonshoki road construction project, as part of measures towards protection of Lagos bridges.

He said people carried out various forms of businesses and activities under the bridges that caused fire and various other degrees of damage to the infrastructure because they saw unmanned areas and occupied them.

Fashola said beautification was included in the Apapa-Oshodi-Ojota-Oworonshoki Expressway project to both provide aesthetics and protection for the road, bridges and the environment.

While inspecting the beautification under the Liverpool Bridge in Apapa, the Federal Controller of Works in Lagos Mr Olukayode Popoola, briefed the minister on progress of work towards construction of a recreation/relaxation facility under the bridge.
Popoola, alongside a consultant, explained how the design accommodated concrete stalls for a fish market where people come straight from the jetty.NAN reports that the Liverpool Round About/bridge is the beginning of the Apapa-Oshodi-Ojota-Oworonshoki Expressway reconstruction project.

https://newsroundtheclock.com/fashola-blasts-nigerians-over-infrastructure-abuse/

Re: Fashola Blasts Nigerians Over Infrastructure Abuse by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 01, 2022
on this one he's right. we usually abuse government properties. we take them for granted.
Re: Fashola Blasts Nigerians Over Infrastructure Abuse by OKPANAMboy: 7:59am On Mar 01, 2022
Yorubas are all the same.

Such a set of betrayal.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Blasts Nigerians Over Infrastructure Abuse by tamdun: 8:03am On Mar 01, 2022
True
Re: Fashola Blasts Nigerians Over Infrastructure Abuse by sinkhole: 8:08am On Mar 01, 2022
Hisbah21:
on this one he's right. we usually abuse government properties. we take them for granted.
He is not right!
Human beings are generally stubborn and it is the authority that will put them right. That is the reason we have laws, police, civil defence corp, and even technology.
If infrastructures are made, then properly police them and anybody caught damaging these government properties should be apprehended and made to pay some fines, repair the structure or even go to jail, I am telling you, nobody will want to damage anything again.
You may want to say that people are civilized abroad, but that is wrong! There governments are up and doing in proper policing and law enforcement, their law enforcement does not respect anybody, unlike our own here: you break the law, you answer for it, if you like be the president or prime minister!
Re: Fashola Blasts Nigerians Over Infrastructure Abuse by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 01, 2022
sinkhole:
He is not right!
Human beings are generally stubborn and it is the authority that will put them right. That is the reason we have laws, police, civil defence corp, and even technology.
If infrastructures are made them properly policed and anybody caught damaging these government properties are apprehended and are made to pay some fines, repair the structure or even go to jail, I am telling you, nobody will want to damage anything again.
You may want to say that people are civilized abroad, but that is wrong! There governments are up and doing in proper policing and law enforcement, their law enforcement does not respect anybody, unlike our own here: you break the law, you answer for it, if you like be the president or prime minister!

you wrote trash. read what he said and read my comment again pls
Re: Fashola Blasts Nigerians Over Infrastructure Abuse by sinkhole: 8:14am On Mar 01, 2022
Hisbah21:

you wrote trash. read what he said and read my comment again pls
SMH for you!
What did he say and what did you write, I am sure you did not read what I typed!
He said people should not dump refuse in drainages and sell under the fly-overs! Right?
How many people have been sincerely arrested for selling under fly-overs and prosecuted for dumping refuse in drainages?
You can not just talk and think people will now say that His Holiness Fashola has spoken and therefore they will obey.
Re: Fashola Blasts Nigerians Over Infrastructure Abuse by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 01, 2022
sinkhole:
SMH for you!
What did he say and what did you write, I am sure you did not read what I typed!
He said people should not dump refuse in drainages and sell under the fly-overs! Right?
How many people have been sincerely arrested for selling under fly-overs and prosecuted for dumping refuse in drainages?

tell me whats wrong with his statement. his statement is not true or what?. what you said is like an advice upon what he said.. but you tag him wrong.
Re: Fashola Blasts Nigerians Over Infrastructure Abuse by omoharry(f): 11:18am On Mar 01, 2022
sinkhole:
SMH for you!
You can not just talk and think people will now say that His Holiness Fashola has spoken and therefore they will obey.
Poor Nigerians are stubborn oo! Infact hunger has made them more defiant. I have seen various attempt to persecute them for violating public space and properties but they still come back there.

(1) (Reply)

How Does Buhari Sleep At Night / 2023 PDP Ticket: Wike And Right Of First Refusal ‘port Harcourt Boy’ Mentality / No More Agbero, As Soludo/ibezim Visits Main Market In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.