Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema (1349 Views)

Passenger Destroys Properties At Lagos Airport Over Missed Flight (Photo, Video) / Ganduje Renews Feud With Emir Sanusi Over Sale Of Landed Properties / APC Congress: Kano Chairman Returned, Governor Amosun’s SA Elected In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by Maxymilliano(m): 10:53am On Mar 01, 2022
The management of Air Peace has said that it would meet with Aminu Ado Bayero, the Emir of Kano and the emirate very soon in a bid to resolve the misunderstanding between the two arising from last week’s missed flight by the emir and his entourage.

According to Daily Independent, Onyema, the Chairman, Air Peace, made the statement on Monday in Ikeja, Lagos.

Fielding questions from the editorial team, Onyema regretted the altercations that arose from the missed flight, but described the emir as a quiet and a peace loving man who would not encourage violence of any sort.

He said, “I don’t want Air Peace to be a source of rancour in the country. Air Peace has always been known as an airline that was borne out of peace. I have been a very peaceful person and I have been pursuing tenets of peace all my life and I have been pursuing peace and unity of this country selflessly right from my teenage years.

“So, I cannot allow myself to be used or to be involved in anything that will tear the country apart. And the Emir of Kano I know is a peace loving man. I have always known him as a prince when the late father was still alive.

I have paid homage to the father several times. He may not remember me, but when I bring pictures of me and his father and him also, he will realise that I have been paying homage to his father.

I have always known him as a very quiet and unassuming person and nothing has changed. I don’t think the emir of Kano will want to be involved in what is happening and I can tell you he is a very respectable man.

“We are going to meet any day. He’s not a troublesome person and I am sure he will like to meet with me and I will also like to meet with him, too.”

Recall that Isa Bayero, the cousin of the emir, had on Saturday issued a three-day ultimatum to Air Peace to apologise for allegedly “disrespecting” the monarch.

He had earlier written a letter of complaint to the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), asking the regulatory body to take action against the airline for allegedly disrespecting the emir and the people of Kano.

http://saharareporters.com/2022/03/01/missed-flight-air-peace-management-meet-emir-kano-says-chairman-onyema?fbclid=IwAR1xcIpzD1zWd0wQBQW6BWAFtYsd4Ig8KVtiCgrDXowDuhH5TTAlBC4iWoM

Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by Emdsa: 11:09am On Mar 01, 2022
Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by AntiBMC(m): 11:10am On Mar 01, 2022
Imagine that
Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by Nbotee(m): 11:15am On Mar 01, 2022
Y... Let them go and do their worse abeg
Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by majamajic(m): 11:17am On Mar 01, 2022
Let peace reign !

Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by SmartPolician: 11:38am On Mar 01, 2022
Some people naturally like peace. If not, Allen Onyema has no business making peace with the emir. Africans must learn that respect is earned.

The emir is not an emperor; one person, no matter how highly placed, is not more important than everyone on the flight.

If the emir needed flight that would wait for him and his crew, he should charter a private jet. You cannot delay everyone on a flight because you lack self-discipline.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by FreeStuffsNG: 11:40am On Mar 01, 2022
I knew that sense will prevail. Pride goeth before a fall,incidentally, Mr Onyema does not come across as a proud person.
He should go cap in hand to the Emir o.
That the Emir could show understanding and forgive them when they delayed his flight from Gambia means he is not their enemy and this also can be resolved.

It was not good that it even took the Emir petitioning the NCAA before Air Peace released that insipid press release. They should have moved first to settle the matter and not play to the Gallery.

If they had not delayed their flight by 1hr to pick the Emir and his entourage from Gambia, the Emir would not have been late to Lagos. It is obvious that they used the Air Peace flight schedule to plan their return trip and intend to take Air Peace from Gambia to Lagos and from Lagos To Kano.
Air Peace will be doing the right thing by apologizing and ensuring that this kind of issue is better managed if it occurs in the future.
Same courtesy should be extended to all their customers as well.

Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by saintkel(m): 11:40am On Mar 01, 2022
If not for peace.....to hell with d emir
Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by richiemcgold: 11:41am On Mar 01, 2022
I see wisdom in his reaction. Onyema shouldn't allow people to mislead him with their needless emotions. A popular adage says 'customer is always right.'

..but the emir also needs to get a private jet ASAP so as to avoid further embarrassments.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 01, 2022
It's that donkey rabble rousing cousin of the Emir that needs to be sacked.... the Emir should be careful about that he-most he has as a cousin.
Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by Dawn91(m): 11:43am On Mar 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
I knew that sense will prevail. Pride goeth before a fall,incidentally, Mr Onyema does not come across as a proud person.
That the Emir could show understanding and forgive them when they delayed his flight from Gambia means he is not their enemy and this also can be resolved.

It was not good that it even took the Emir petitioning the NCAA before Air Peace released that insipid press release.

I do t.rhink Mr Onyema knew what was going on all this while. I think it was rather an overzealous staff that made.this issue escalate

Onyema seems very humble and respectful in every stance.i have seen him hence.why he enjoys such good favour everywhere

Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by Maxymilliano(m): 11:44am On Mar 01, 2022
Air Peace Management should get ready to be visiting every passengers that misses his or her flight irrespective of their status or else, the company will have the court to contend with ...

Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by QuotaSystem: 12:11pm On Mar 01, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Air Peace Management should get ready to be visiting every passengers that misses his or her flight irrespective of their status or else, the company will have the court to contend with ...

Say it without tears wink

Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by ChimaAdeoye: 12:18pm On Mar 01, 2022
You'd wonder why Dangote and other fabulously wealthy Fulani sons cannot buy a small private plane worth less than $150,000 dollars for their Emir? In Nigeria, there are more than 50 companies where dignitaries can hire private jets. Every notable dignitary in Nigeria including Senators uses these private plane companies to move around Nigeria. WHY NOT THE EMIR USE ONE OF THESE PRIVATE JET COMPANIES?

Instead of creating unnecessary tension by booking commercial flight tickets on airline companies, they want to target and hold the entire plane to ransom because he would not appear on time and the plane dares not to take off else, they would hear from Fulani people in government.

Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by Maxymilliano(m): 12:46pm On Mar 01, 2022
QuotaSystem:

Say it without tears wink
kiss

Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by IGBOSON1: 12:56pm On Mar 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
That the Emir could show understanding and forgive them
when they delayed his flight from Gambia means he is not their enemy and this also can be resolved.

It was not good that it even took the Emir petitioning the NCAA before Air Peace released that insipid press release. They should have moved first to settle the matter and not play to the Gallery.

If they had not delayed their flight by 1hr to pick the Emir and his entourage from Gambia, the Emir would not have been late to Lagos. It is obvious that they used the Air Peace flight schedule to plan their return trip and intend to take Air Peace from Gambia to Lagos and from Lagos To Kano.
Air Peace will be doing the right thing by apologizing and ensuring that this kind of issue is better managed if it occurs in the future.

Peeps that don't know your sordid history of anti-Igbo sentiments, bigotry and Fulani supremacist leanings, would not be able to detect the subtle and subliminal undertones in your post that speak of 'crushing and subjugating the 2nd class nyamuree'! wink

Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 1:01pm On Mar 01, 2022
Ibo dont bow than for anybody but this man is a disgrace to ibo race
Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by othermen: 1:05pm On Mar 01, 2022
I think Onyema and air peace need to recruit a spokesperson that understands the Nigeria terrain adequately.

Saying you know his father does not show Onyema has the intelligence to continue to navigate the Nigeria business terrain. Saying you dine with the father of the Emir might even get you killed centuries ago.

Saying the conduct of the Emir’s entourage is embarrassing infers an insult to the Emir as well, and Onyema is only being a wise guy. It’s not your place to say if he is a troublesome person or not. By such statement, it’s rather inferred that the emirate is being troublesome.

You could have just said, “The Emir is our father; it’s just a misunderstanding really and we are working on resolving the issue amicably’’

As a business person in an environment, where traditional institutions don’t count so much, Onyema might think it’s permissible to mock the intelligence of the emirate; but when the emirate (which is essentially the Nigerian state) strikes back, I hope Onyema can handle such.

I honestly don’t rate this Emir highly, seeing, he is engineered by Ganduje, who has no integrity; whatsoever:. Despite such, I can only say this because this is a faceless platform and I am not some airline that is a National carrier.

Onyema and Air peace should know to satisfy the Emir’s ego and avoid this escalation that has become an embarrassment to the Emir.

Nigerians may cheer you on, and absolutely, they should; your decision not to delay the plane is the right one; but your forth and back with the Emir or Emirate ever since, has been very inadequate. Be sure the Ooni , the Alaafin, the Sultan, the Emir loyalists in most of our parastatals and the other ranks are taking note of your subtle ridiculing of their Emir.

Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 1:12pm On Mar 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

So you can actually write sensible things? i am impressed grin
Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by QuotaSystem: 1:24pm On Mar 01, 2022
Maxymilliano:

kiss

Onyema regretted the altercations that arose from the missed flight, but described the emir as a quiet and a peace loving man

“I have paid homage to the father several times. He may not remember me, but when I bring pictures of me and his father and him also, he will realise that I have been paying homage to his father.

“We are going to meet any day. He’s not a troublesome person and I am sure he will like to meet with me and I will also like to meet with him, too.”

Recall that Isa Bayero, the cousin of the emir, had on Saturday issued a three-day ultimatum to Air Peace to apologise for allegedly disrespecting the monarch.

Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by deji68: 1:26pm On Mar 01, 2022
Make dem kuku dash am the plane... next time Airpeace will the learn to wait for the sultan like the plane in Germany wait for Habeck or Bearbock.
Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by FreeStuffsNG: 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2022
IGBOSON1:

Peeps that don't know your sordid history of anti-Igbo sentiments, bigotry and Fulani supremacist leanings, would not be able to detect the subtle and subliminal undertones in your post that speak of 'crushing and subjugating the 2nd class nyamuree'! wink
Anti-Ipob terrorist group? Yes. Anti-Igbo? Lailai!
Do not lump the igbo race with the attrocities of the ipob terrorist group.

Igbos never sent ipob terrorists to go burn down my city,it was the sick ipob terrorist group leader who sent his terrorists.

Same way I will never support any sick Yoruba or Fulani telling his terrorists to go burn down Igbo towns, that is the same reason I oppose the ipob terrorist leader telling terrorists to go burn down my city.

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria forever.

Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by revolt(m): 2:28pm On Mar 01, 2022
Nbotee:
Y... Let them go and do their worse abeg

This is the problem with young men of these days ....ALWAYS in their feelings. Business men don't run biz with feelings. CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT. Airpeace would have to apologize shekina. No need for stupid ego and pride. Gosh you kids.

Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by IGBOSON1: 2:33pm On Mar 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Anti-Ipob terrorist group? Yes. Anti-Igbo? Lailai!
Do not lump the igbo race with the attrocities of the ipob terrorist group.

Igbos never sent ipob terrorists to go burn down my city,it was the sick ipob terrorist group leader who sent his terrorists.

Same way I will never support any sick Yoruba or Fulani telling his terrorists to go burn down Igbo towns, that is the same reason I oppose the ipob terrorist leader telling terrorists to go burn down my city.

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria forever.

All this is diversionary claptrap!

What's your city, and can you show links or news reports pointing to IPOB sending 'terrorists' to burn it down?

God can never bless a slave-camp and killing field, rather he would destroy it!

Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by tshtsh: 2:33pm On Mar 01, 2022
Ndimkpurummiri:
Ibo dont bow than for anybody but this man is a disgrace to ibo race
As a businessman hatred and pride can lead to your fall. Allen onyema never said he was going to beg. They only said they were going to meet with the emir. On the business side air peace is building a mini-hub out of kano. They currently operate flights from kano to abuja, lagos, port harcourt and asaba. Kano to niamey is starting in a few days. Should destroy a relationship that he knows will be beneficial to the success of these routes ? This is a small misunderstanding that was made worse by the actions of the emir's chief protocol officer and now the media.

Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by Rugaria: 2:37pm On Mar 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Typical Afonja slavish reasoning.."beg oo, kneel down ooo, bow ooo, it's the Fulani ooo"..
Fear fear Afonja...

Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by dijas(m): 2:54pm On Mar 01, 2022
Air peace should be ready to visit every vip every time they are late to airport. Other people wey dey the plane no be human being.

Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by FreeStuffsNG: 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2022
IGBOSON1:

All this is diversionary claptrap!

What's your city, and can you show links or news reports pointing to IPOB sending 'terrorists' to burn it down?

God can never bless a slave-camp and killing field, rather he would destroy it!

Sir, you obviously do not see anything wrong in the distasteful terrorist intent of any sick person brazenly telling his equally sick terrorist followers to go burn down a non ipob-phyllic city for as long as the sick man comes from your tribe.

That is our focus of disagreement because I do not care the tribe of the sick terrorist! If you are sick enough to ask for the killing of leaders of other tribes and calling for the burning down of their cities, you are a terrorist whether you are Yoruba, Igbo, Fulani, Ijaw of Hausa!

You do not even see anything wrong in that action and unlike the 1st republic where the sin of a few sick people led to serious tribal war, now , it is morally reprehensible to hold a whole tribe as responsible for the action of the sick ipob terrorist leader.

Shekau is Kanuri and it makes no sense to blackmail anyone calling out Shekau as a terrorist as anti-Kanuri.

I repeat,the Igbo never sent the sick ipob terrorist group leader on the errand to burn down my city. The Igbo will never do that ! lai lai,Olorun maje!

I will never allow the ipob terrorist attrocities to come between me and my igbo brothers and sisters.
Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by overall90: 3:58pm On Mar 01, 2022
The heading is different from the content.
Onyema said that they are going to meet any day...
Get to meet any day does not in any way mean they are planning a visit.
Re: Missed Flight: Air Peace Management To Meet With Emir Of Kano - Chairman, Onyema by EastisBae: 4:21pm On Mar 01, 2022
Well, I like Allen Onyema for always looking at the bigger picture. Even though, the emir or the Kano market may not be significant to worry about as a businessman but we are talking about Muslims here. That delinquent cousin of the emir is the one stoking the embers without understanding the fire may end up consuming Nigeria including him.

I also like the way Allen Onyema made reference to the emir's father, it goes to show he is not a small boy and likely older and more traveled than the emir. However, he should ensure he doesn't meet the emir before the useless 3 days ultimatum and he should be careful of that stupid cousin whenever he visits to avoid being humiliated by a small boy.

Apc Ticket : Why Tinubu Chance May Be Slim / Huge Crowd Welcome Tinubu At Asaba Airport / Nigerian Troops Invade Alleged Ipob's ESN Operational Camp, Kill Scores

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62