Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Help!!!! Hacked Wordpress Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help!!!! Hacked Wordpress Website (550 Views)

Help!!!! Hacked Wordpress Website / A Guide On How To Reduce The Downtime On A Wordpress Website / 9 Common Problems Of A Wordpress Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!!! Hacked Wordpress Website by Quim2: 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2022
Hi

My site got hacked and blacklisted by goggle about two months ago and i have been fighting with it ever since.

I have reinstall several backups to no avail and as of yesterday, decided to start over.

The problem is even with a fresh WordPress install on a newly reset server/hosting... i asked for a review last night via Search console... Goggle is still flagging my site as containing melware.

I can't even fathom how this is possible.

Note that only that 'Hello Dolly' page is there. Nothing else.

Pls what am i missing?
Re: Help!!!! Hacked Wordpress Website by fastseo: 5:28pm On Mar 01, 2022
Why not leave that hosting account and a fresh account
Re: Help!!!! Hacked Wordpress Website by chubbyblackdick: 9:32pm On Mar 01, 2022
Quim2:
Hi

My site got hacked and blacklisted by goggle about two months ago and i have been fighting with it ever since.

I have reinstall several backups to no avail and as of yesterday, decided to start over.

The problem is even with a fresh WordPress install on a newly reset server/hosting... i asked for a review last night via Search console... Goggle is still flagging my site as containing melware.

Pls what am i missing?

Bros bros, you know wetin happen na .... the theme you're using contains the malware na .... remove the wordpress installation and a fresh install ... it will take time before google removes your site address from "containing malware" list
Re: Help!!!! Hacked Wordpress Website by cliqtips: 1:36am On Mar 02, 2022
Quim2:
Hi

Pls what am i missing?

Which hosting are you using?

And, Google indexing doesn't work automatically. You'll need to give it time for Google Bot to crawl your website again.
Re: Help!!!! Hacked Wordpress Website by Ignyte(m): 7:23am On Mar 02, 2022
Themes and plugins.

One of them get the malware
Re: Help!!!! Hacked Wordpress Website by rockfortdigital: 5:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
Quim2:
Hi

Pls what am i missing?

You used a nulled theme or Plugin most likely.

98% of nulled Yoast Seo premium contains malware.

Install theme and plugin from the Wordpress repository only. Then give it a week before submitting to Google

Ensure you have your robot.txt active anyways
Re: Help!!!! Hacked Wordpress Website by mcqwerty(m): 2:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
The problem is you do not have the experience to manage and secure a WordPress website.

Most website owners do not have a proper policy to deal with eventualities such as security breaches, crashes, or compromised servers and more importantly, a business continuity plan.

Now that you got hacked, you are supposed to get a webmaster that has experience dealing with security issues before, to help you get your website back online.

The suggestions by other users on this platform are part of the solution but even if you reset the server, buy a new server, you are still moving malware-infested contents (files and backup) from your old site, isn't it? The only play you have is - to buy a new server and rebuild your website and even this can still be compromised if you still do not implement the necessary protective measures.

So you need professional help. Buzz me if you are ready.

Cheers.
Re: Help!!!! Hacked Wordpress Website by fastseo: 12:43pm On Mar 09, 2022
mcqwerty:
The problem is you do not have the experience to manage and secure a WordPress website.

Most website owners do not have a proper policy to deal with eventualities such as security breaches, crashes, or compromised servers and more importantly, a business continuity plan.

Now that you got hacked, you are supposed to get a webmaster that has experience dealing with security issues before, to help you get your website back online.

The suggestions by other users on this platform are part of the solution but even if you reset the server, buy a new server, you are still moving malware-infested contents (files and backup) from your old site, isn't it? The only play you have is - to buy a new server and rebuild your website and even this can still be compromised if you still do not implement the necessary protective measures.

So you need professional help. Buzz me if you are ready.

Cheers.

What he has to do is to manually do a transfer of the content.

Like get a new host, set up WordPress with a different domain, then be copying the post one after the other into the new blog and modify the url alike the old site.

E. G old content blogx°com/how_to _open_gmail

New one blogy°com/how_to _open_gmail

Then when done with the content transfer he can now download the xml file and upload on new site.

While at the copying of content, he should look at the links on the site if possible do away of the link.

My vps account was hacked and many site was there. I only escape because i had a previous backup. I just forgot everything and move to a new account uploading the backup i did before it was hacked locally to my system
Re: Help!!!! Hacked Wordpress Website by mcqwerty(m): 12:44pm On Mar 10, 2022
So, if you have been hacked before, it can happen again if you have not updated your sites' security policies.

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Account Needed Please / Difficult Site Navigattion Problem / Website Designer/developer Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.