Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,478 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Is It Advisable To Buy Nigerian Used Bus On JIJI - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Advisable To Buy Nigerian Used Bus On JIJI (1527 Views)

For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? / Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? / Korope/mini Bus On Installmental Payment/hire Purchase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Buy Nigerian Used Bus On JIJI by gabazin080(m): 4:15pm On Mar 01, 2022
has anyone here ever bought a bus from JIJI online market place before?
I used to see bus at very low price between 500k - 1m that makes me doubt if the sellers are genuine or the vehicles are in good condition. I do avoid sellers that deals with selling of bus and only click on profile of those that post just the bus alone because it seems its always their personal bus and not a dealer but I still become afraid seeing those very low prices considering the cost of a foreign used bus.

is it possible those bus have no problem like the sellers always say or do they just package it to look neat and problem free till one gets home.

pls guys help me not to make mistake

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy Nigerian Used Bus On JIJI by SUPERPACK: 4:54pm On Mar 01, 2022
Visit a physical dealership.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy Nigerian Used Bus On JIJI by TPound(m): 9:16pm On Mar 01, 2022
Please bear in mind that there's no vehicle you'll buy and not fix anything in it..
Be it toks or used...
The main objective is buying with minimal fixes

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy Nigerian Used Bus On JIJI by gabazin080(m): 7:27am On Mar 02, 2022
I need more views on this please so I don't make mistakes
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy Nigerian Used Bus On JIJI by skywalker240(m): 11:32pm On Mar 02, 2022
gabazin080:
I need more views on this please so I don't make mistakes
Every Nigerian used vehicles are bound to give you one or two slight or heavy headache

Pray your hands meet the one with limited repair demands

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy Nigerian Used Bus On JIJI by kernniejay(m): 9:52am On Mar 03, 2022
I also noticed that things are way cheaper on Jiji than Nairaland and I think the reason is that we have many people (like the so-called AmericanDad) trying to show off and be forming big boys and girls here which makes every seller inflate their prices because almost everybody on Nairaland is a "millionnaire" except few others.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy Nigerian Used Bus On JIJI by richforever123: 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2022
I have bought a Nigerian Used Car and used it for a year without any major problems, the thing is you have to know a lot about cars, before I purchased my first car I researched using youtube about cars and what you need to check out for before purchasing, so I know how to spot a good deal on JIJI
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy Nigerian Used Bus On JIJI by Goodnuel: 8:28am On Mar 04, 2022
These cars are used cars... The prices are fair enough, giving the current situation of the country.

How to use Jiji is simple, if you see a car or product you like, contact the seller and schedule an inspection.

If you inspect and everything checks out fine as you'd like, you pay for it.

If not, you move.

No big deal there.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy Nigerian Used Bus On JIJI by duality(m): 7:14pm On Mar 04, 2022
My question is,

If they inflate the price, does it mean the car is good?
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy Nigerian Used Bus On JIJI by Penboy: 9:17am On Mar 05, 2022
TPound:
Please bear in mind that there's no vehicle you'll buy and not fix anything in it..
Be it toks or used...
The main objective is buying with minimal fixes

Hmm.
Really?
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy Nigerian Used Bus On JIJI by TPound(m): 11:17am On Mar 05, 2022
Penboy:

Hmm.
Really?

Yes really...
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy Nigerian Used Bus On JIJI by gabazin080(m): 10:10pm On Mar 07, 2022
Goodnuel:
These cars are used cars... The prices are fair enough, giving the current situation of the country.

How to use Jiji is simple, if you see a car or product you like, contact the seller and schedule an inspection.

If you inspect and everything checks out fine as you'd like, you pay for it.

If not, you move.

No big deal there.
can one detect all the problems it has during inspection.
I am afraid the bus could be package and the buyer gets home and find out more problems
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy Nigerian Used Bus On JIJI by Goodnuel: 11:32pm On Mar 07, 2022
gabazin080:

can one detect all the problems it has during inspection.
I am afraid the bus could be package and the buyer gets home and find out more problems
Isn't that how car purchase is in general?

They are used cars.

Most will have faults.

You just have to go with an experienced mechanic, test and see if they are faults that can be fixed easily.

If yes, you proceed to buy.

If no, you run for your life.

(1) (Reply)

If you drive in akure,how many litres of fuel will a pencil Camry consume from.. / How Much Do You Think This Car Is Worth? / Advice Needed On Dashboard Guage Issue! Eod, 2003

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.