Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Is The Current 9th Assembly, The Best Ever? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Current 9th Assembly, The Best Ever? (228 Views)

PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon / 9th Assembly: How North Central Governors Forced APC To Renege On Gbajabilamila / Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Current 9th Assembly, The Best Ever? by blamingthedevil: 5:55am On Mar 02, 2022
Is the current 9th Assembly, the Best Ever?, Anything to the contrary, express it with justifications...

My justifications are:
1. Petroleum Industry Act 2021
2. CAMA 2020 ACT
3. Electoral Act Amendment Act -2021
4. Constitutional Amendment (Ongoing)
5. Finance ACT(s),2019, 2020,2021
6. Deep Offshore & Inland Basin Production Sharing Contract (Amendment) Act 2019
7.Restoration of January-2-December Budget Cycle Appropriations Act
8. Local Govt Autonomy Act 2022
9. BOFIA 2020
10. Police Act, 2020

just to mention few important ones

Copied & Edited from
https://twitter.com/AfolabiBB/status/1498683140558270468
Re: Is The Current 9th Assembly, The Best Ever? by vibre: 6:03am On Mar 02, 2022
One of the worst ever
Re: Is The Current 9th Assembly, The Best Ever? by Dawn91(m): 6:04am On Mar 02, 2022
Since your standards are so low (compared to previous ones) they may indeed come off as the best, but if you raise the bar and compare them to what is expected in a normal country then they are far below minimum expectation
Re: Is The Current 9th Assembly, The Best Ever? by Aonkuuse(m): 6:08am On Mar 02, 2022
So what is expected of them apart from what they are doing now??
Dawn91:
Since your standards are so low (compared to previous ones) they may indeed come off as the best, but if you raise the bar and compare them to what is expected in a normal country then they are far below minimum expectation
Re: Is The Current 9th Assembly, The Best Ever? by Bluntguy: 6:08am On Mar 02, 2022
blamingthedevil:
Is the current 9th Assembly, the Best Ever?, Anything to the contrary, express it with justifications...

My justifications are:
2. CAMA 2020 ACT
6. Deep Offshore & Inland Basin Production Sharing Contract (Amendment) Act 2019
9. BOFIA 2020

just to mention few important ones

Copied & Edited from
https://twitter.com/AfolabiBB/status/1498683140558270468
All these things you listed are things passed just to please Buhari and nothing more.
Re: Is The Current 9th Assembly, The Best Ever? by Maxymilliano(m): 6:10am On Mar 02, 2022
2. CAMA 2020 ACT
9. BOFIA 2020
Rubber stamp assembly ... The above legislations can only be justified if it impacted positively on the average man on the street, but unfortunately, it doesn't translate into better condition of living and things have gone from bad to worse in the country.
Re: Is The Current 9th Assembly, The Best Ever? by Dawn91(m): 6:11am On Mar 02, 2022
Aonkuuse:
So what is expected of them apart from what they are doing now??

The quality of bills passed are just too trivial at best save for the so called election bill.

I hadly think the LG autonomy bill is fully fleshed out

There is just too much not done..
Compare the bills not passed with those passed and you will see a pattern
Re: Is The Current 9th Assembly, The Best Ever? by money121(m): 6:12am On Mar 02, 2022
Ok
Re: Is The Current 9th Assembly, The Best Ever? by Aonkuuse(m): 6:15am On Mar 02, 2022
No bill is best and it has chances for future amendments, the most important thing is the first step and they have taken it, give them kudos man, it cost nothing
Dawn91:

The quality of bills passed are just too trivial at best save for the so called election bill.

I hadly think the LG autonomy bill is fully fleshed out

There is just too much not done..
Compare the bills not passed with those passed and you will see a pattern

1 Like

Re: Is The Current 9th Assembly, The Best Ever? by Dawn91(m): 6:17am On Mar 02, 2022
Aonkuuse:
No bill is best and it has chances for future amendments, the most important thing is the first step and they have taken it, give them kudos man, it cost nothing

I beg to differ. We are enlightened and should show a difference between us and the stomach iliterate directed electorate

Why should I give them kudos for doing a below average job? The active term here is their job?

I have never met the Congress man for my district in Brooklyn where my family home is but he has been performing excellently.

For you to get excellence you must demand it. Time to raise the bar, this is why I am totally against Asiwaju as president
Re: Is The Current 9th Assembly, The Best Ever? by blamingthedevil: 7:36am On Mar 02, 2022
Aonkuuse:

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: Heaven Won’t Fall, Nigerians Will Survive – Buhari’s Aide, Femi A / Between Jonathan And Bauhari / Anyim: A Real Gender-friendly President In Waiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.