Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? (18289 Views)

Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians / Some Bosses Wont Let Go Of Their Staff, While The Bosses Are Observing Social D / Why Are Some Bosses Abusive To Their Employees? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by chiefolododo(m): 2:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
oldtruth:

I am sorry to say this but honestly that is the best way to treat Nigerians and if you want the to give their best.

Now come to look at it. Had it been he is not bossy and not strict. Do you know your fri nd would have been sleeping even if he is not sick or gives excuses like he wants to attend weekday Church services?

Many employers have got their fingers burnt trying to be nice to Nigerians. I can authoritatively confirm that to you. The best thing is to make Nigerians work under pressure. That is the only way they can give you their best.

Thank you
don't support evil
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by Whois(m): 2:03pm On Mar 03, 2022
To whom it may concern

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 03, 2022
Truthsoldier:
Good Nairalanders
I have this friend of mine(name withheld),he used to be a teacher in a secondary school,but late last year he was given an employment opportunity through connection from his dad because the manager has this mutual relationship with his dad,my friend is intelligent,smart and humble,that's his character.

When he got a job in that company it has made him not to have enough time for himself, according to him,he works from Monday to Saturday,even risking his life by going to work on sit-at-home days since he's in the East of Nigeria, this has also affected his church activities, and he closes by 5 sometimes 8pm everyday, because the director I.e the owner of the company has mandated everyone to.

The company pays him moderately but he is loosing his peace,he doesn't rest well,stressed out,and according to him the director uses people slavishly in the company,the few months he has worked there the company pays lately and quickly deducts money in ways that are quite unfair,they give no leave to workers,they give you just two days to attend to some emergency like death of a loved one,you come to work even very ill and with a doctor's report.

My friend told me that he has been observing it ,the director is so bossy and talks down on people arrogantly and disdainfully, working there one day a worker lost his dad and had to attend to it,but unfortunately stay for 4 days, but when he came back, instead of to be sympathized with,he was insulted by his boss, queried and sent home, just for the day he arrived.

Now my friend is thinking of leaving there,but they promised him of juicy offers,in terms of salary, but being also affected by this,he thinks that that's not the right place for him,a place according to him has no medical officials incase of dangers or accidents,a place of no welfare package for workers,now he is in between trying to please his dad or quit the job no matter what,because he just told me that his heart is no more there....

But my question is;
Why do some companies treat people as slaves?
believe me, if that ur friend boss begin pamper im workers, they fit am send go village in no time...
Most Nigerians are difficult to work with
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 2:16pm On Mar 03, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
since your friend believe he can get a better job, let him leave so that someone grateful will get that job!

life aint easy and if you think that you can dictate how your boss can treat you, then you better wake up from your daze.

So if your boss turns you from an office worker to a driver that does school run for his kid before reaching the office......you will accept it like "life ain't easy"?

The ability to dictate that life is easy is the begining of one's toil for greatness and freedom.
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by Originalsly: 2:19pm On Mar 03, 2022
Didn't your friend learn about conditions at the work before signing on? Too many people just look at the salary ... N100K and they quit their N60k job to take up the new one..... only to find out instead of 8 hours/day 5 days/week as in the old job it's 12hrs/day minimum 6 days/week.Look before you leap. Managers that treat their employees like slaves do so because the employees allow them to...... because we need the job... even when deciding to quit.... do so quietly instead of getting back at the managers. Why would they not continue to treat employees like slaves?
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by Voiceofthestree: 2:23pm On Mar 03, 2022
Some boss behalf like that simply because most of them went through hell to make it in life and most boss that behalf like that got their money in unclean ways most of them are into ritual or illegal activities that’s the root of such bosss money
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by gambudu: 2:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
I am presently in the Ops shoes. Just waiting for another better offer to quit. I have had enough !

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by Omotosho1090905(m): 2:47pm On Mar 03, 2022
Anyone is his right sense and has a hope for better future will not be nagging on these sort of issues. If your in Rome you gats to live like Roman and if you can't simply f**k your ass off
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by merits(m): 2:52pm On Mar 03, 2022
Truthsoldier:
Good Nairalanders
I have this friend of mine(name withheld),he used to be a teacher in a secondary school,but late last year he was given an employment opportunity through connection from his dad because the manager has this mutual relationship with his dad,my friend is intelligent,smart and humble,that's his character.

When he got a job in that company it has made him not to have enough time for himself, according to him,he works from Monday to Saturday,even risking his life by going to work on sit-at-home days since he's in the East of Nigeria, this has also affected his church activities, and he closes by 5 sometimes 8pm everyday, because the director I.e the owner of the company has mandated everyone to.

The company pays him moderately but he is loosing his peace,he doesn't rest well,stressed out,and according to him the director uses people slavishly in the company,the few months he has worked there the company pays lately and quickly deducts money in ways that are quite unfair,they give no leave to workers,they give you just two days to attend to some emergency like death of a loved one,you come to work even very ill and with a doctor's report.

My friend told me that he has been observing it ,the director is so bossy and talks down on people arrogantly and disdainfully, working there one day a worker lost his dad and had to attend to it,but unfortunately stay for 4 days, but when he came back, instead of to be sympathized with,he was insulted by his boss, queried and sent home, just for the day he arrived.

Now my friend is thinking of leaving there,but they promised him of juicy offers,in terms of salary, but being also affected by this,he thinks that that's not the right place for him,a place according to him has no medical officials incase of dangers or accidents,a place of no welfare package for workers,now he is in between trying to please his dad or quit the job no matter what,because he just told me that his heart is no more there....

But my question is;

he should continue to satisfy is peace for his father choice.good boy.
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by Emperorx: 2:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
My boss is the most wicked woman I have come across in my life .A woman that will hate you for nothing .Mrs Roseline e no go better for you and your entire family.Amen
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by STEWpid(f): 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2022
NeoWanZaeed:

You blind? Is anything regarding laziness there?

Seems you don't know the meaning of stress out and lack of peace and time for yourself.

He (Dawn91) must be too stewpid and useless at the same time..

May be he's also a cursed boss, maltreating someone he's paying a paltry 5k every 3 month, that's why he had to reason that way..

He is a dead and smelly meat angry

He can't survive under someone I know in Abuja, no matter what he thinks he is.

The Abuja blood sucker that specializes in using human beings, especially human beings alive..

Dawn91 will go back in Ukrainian tears angry
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by Microwhy: 3:19pm On Mar 03, 2022
Truthsoldier:
Nigeria companies are just like "the devil you know" .
Don't overthink about your present job. If your time is up, move to the next chapter. That's how winners gain.
Set a goal and know why you're there. If the money is manageable, continue the job and your day-day life with ease.
Bro! Either its you or your family friend as claimed, if you keep thinking too much, you will loose. Not just about this job, but everything in life, always take advantage of your present situation.
Anytime you close from work and step out of the gate, leave their wahala for there till the next day you resume and if its Sunday, go hangout with friends and have a nice time. On Monday morning, hustle continue.
Don't ever go home with horrors of work still in your heart.
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by Dawn91(m): 3:23pm On Mar 03, 2022
[s]
STEWpid:

He (Dawn91) must be too stewpid and useless at the same time..

May be he's also a cursed boss, maltreating someone he's paying a paltry 5k every 3 month, that's why he had to reason that way..

He is a dead and smelly meat angry

He can't survive under someone I know in Abuja, no matter what he thinks he is.

The Abuja blood sucker that person specializes in using human beings, especially human beings alive..

Dawn91 will go back in Ukrainian tears angry
[/s]

I can bet anything you are not a graduate grin your highest qualification will be SSCE.shiw us your bsc certificate clearly so we can verify your matric number, just take a photograph of it ... I can bet you don't have a degree. .

Small wonder you can't even construct proper sentences grin I have noticed most of you iliterates have this entitlement mentality

[img]https://c./HjUdWiHjvbYAAAAd/eating-popcorn-watching.gif[/img]
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by Dmacqh(m): 3:44pm On Mar 03, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
....Your friend is very lazy and entitled. If he doesn't want the job he should get out and allow someone else take his position.

I'm a boss and right now I have a project in the east that the state government gave me 3 weeks to complete.I and my worker have been working tirelessly day and night without any sleep so we can complete the road project and I ve not died. Lazy fool. Let him go and establish his own company and become a boss too.

Good day boss . Kindly employ me . I’m on Industrial Training . I’m 400l student , Civil Engineering , IMSU . I’ve been looking for IT attachment to no avail . I stay in Owerri but I’m ready to relocate to any state .
Coupled with this ASSUU strike , our IT duration may extend.
I can chat you privately if you want Sir .
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by showafrica(m): 4:12pm On Mar 03, 2022
Truthsoldier:
Good Nairalanders

But my question is;

Answer is because, employees are more than employers. Any 8 to 6 job that won't allow you save at least 1m a year, does not worth it. Just get the experience after one year or 2 years and leave.
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by FFA: 4:14pm On Mar 03, 2022
Some Bosses will talk to you and may lead to one quetioning his or her existence ...............physically, mentally etc
May God guide us not to fall victim of such.........
To me it is a form of bulliying.
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by KevMitnick: 4:37pm On Mar 03, 2022
Dawn91:
[s][/s]

You are a Bad influence on your friend, you are lazy and entitled. I feel for him he will eventually loose out on opportunities in life with a lazy person like you as a friend
That's if he is left with any strength or drive at all to grasp the opportunities...
People don't know the importance of taking care of their mental and physical health until its too late.
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by Yusufunsho100(m): 5:02pm On Mar 03, 2022
Dawn91:
[s][/s]

You are a Bad influence on your friend, you are lazy and entitled. I feel for him he will eventually loose out on opportunities in life with a lazy person like you as a friend

Ogbeni just drop positive suggestions and FACEFRONT
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by Dawn91(m): 5:02pm On Mar 03, 2022
[s]
Yusufunsho100:

Ogbeni just drop positive suggestions and FACEFRONT
[/s]

Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
ArcSEMPECJ:
So if your boss turns you from an office worker to a driver that does school run for his kid before reaching the office......you will accept it like "life ain't easy"?

thats a different ball game entirely... if your employment duties are changing, and you either have to A) do more or B) have longer hours than planned EVERY DAY, then you should sit down and talk to your employer about it in order to review your employment status etc..... quitting that job certainly aint the solution (especially in these difficult times)

The ability to dictate that life is easy is the begining of one's toil for greatness and freedom.

remember the basic rules of life:
- a hungry man can NEVER be a free/great man
- a homeless man can NEVER be a free/great man
- a broke person can NEVER be a free/great man

Ayinke93:
It's okay if you don't have any form of self-worth, but stop expressing stupid opinions on the internet. What do you mean by someone grateful? do you understand that an employer and employee are mutually benefitting from each other and no boss has the right to treat people unfairly? I don't know if it's the poverty in the country that has really damaged the state of mind of people and self-worth. It's sad.

people like you (or the person in this issue) who got nothing but wanna talk about selfworth are the problem with this world. having self worth is understanding that you need a job to get the life necessities that will bring you self worth. if any of you people believe that you can get selfworth with an empty stomach and being homeless then so be it. self worth starts by understanding that you have to start somewhere and climb the difficult ladders of life, and YES it might not be easy but you have to hang in there until you find a better path....quitting (like a coward) as soon as the going gets tough, certainly isnt the solution because guess what?! life aint easy!

but hey, keep fooling yourself that running away (at the sight of difficult times) is the solution...

Dybala11:
Does mean that bosses should treat other employees as subhumans??
It's just a character flaw in that particular boss and not because that's how it ought to be.

we have to be honest with our selves on this issue...look around you... this is an African trait that aint going away... aka the powerful/rich preying on the weak/poor. this is AFRICAN SOCIETY for you, and no matter how we wanna look at it, if you want things to change then you best look in the mirror for that.
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:12pm On Mar 03, 2022
oldtruth:
I am sorry to say this but honestly that is the best way to treat Nigerians and if you want the to give their best.

Now come to look at it. Had it been he is not bossy and not strict. Do you know your fri nd would have been sleeping even if he is not sick or gives excuses like he wants to attend weekday Church services?

Many employers have got their fingers burnt trying to be nice to Nigerians. I can authoritatively confirm that to you. The best thing is to make Nigerians work under pressure. That is the only way they can give you their best.

Thank you

[img]https://c./5tIc4FnYarUAAAAC/shia-la-beouf-clap.gif[/img]

sadly, by telling Nigerians the above hard undiluted truth, they will come for you, instead of looking at themselves in the mirror for change.
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by BRATISLAVA: 5:45pm On Mar 03, 2022
Ayinke93:

Slave traders like you in positions of authority is the reason the country is the way it is. So even if you've not slept in a year, are your workers going to get the same money you are getting from that project? if you have a stiff deadline, are there ways to properly rotate and schedule your tasks without burning out your workers? I'm very sure you don't even pay them livable wages. nonsense

Preach.
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by engrchykae(m): 8:44pm On Mar 03, 2022
Hezzyluv:

The tin tire me.
these set of people do last longer then kind ones undecided
am tempted to believe they have a covenant with the dark forces to be wicked and they stay true to their demonic calling.
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by FX2BROWN: 9:38pm On Mar 03, 2022
It could be that they want 2 protect their business and also as a result of how former staff had treated them. Moreover, it can be traced 2 family upbringing.
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by Nobody: 4:59am On Mar 04, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
since your friend believe he can get a better job, let him leave so that someone grateful will get that job!

life aint easy and if you think that you can dictate how your boss can treat you, then you better wake up from your daze.

You're very stupid for this comment. Very stupid.
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:53am On Mar 04, 2022
nenyewrites:
You're very stupid for this comment. Very stupid.

Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by Ayobami0411: 10:26am On Mar 04, 2022
@op I don't think your friend have to leave the job. He just readjust his time through proper time management so has to have resting time and if possible he should relocate close, very close to his office...
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by STEWpid(f): 12:26pm On Mar 04, 2022
Dawn91:
[s][/s]

I can bet anything you are not a graduate grin your highest qualification will be SSCE.shiw us your bsc certificate clearly so we can verify your matric number, just take a photograph of it ... I can bet you don't have a degree. .

Small wonder you can't even construct proper sentences grin I have noticed most of you iliterates have this entitlement mentality

[img]https://c./HjUdWiHjvbYAAAAd/eating-popcorn-watching.gif[/img]

So you're intimidated by my text? grin grin

We did not talk about anything graduate here but you were so foolish enough that you brought in academic discourse in it.

What have you been able to do Mr. Graduate? That even the took pick you use is produced by another country? It is the reason why children like you are a waste in this new generation and a black slave.

Small boy..respect your elders before you perish without trace.. cheesy

Your conscience is already judging you kiddy boy. I understand it's not been long you left troubling your mother's breast for milk.

Continue to use your free MB while it lasts my boy grin cheesy

Oloshi, anu mpama

Cc: NeoWanZaeed
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by Dawn91(m): 12:42pm On Mar 04, 2022
[s]
STEWpid:

We did not talk about anything graduate here but you were so foolish enough that you brought in academic discourse in it.

What have you been able to do Mr. Graduate? That even the took pick you use is produced by another country? It is the reason why children like you are a waste in this new generation and a black slave.

Your conscience is already judging you kiddy boy. I understand it's not been long you left troubling your mother's breast for milk.

Oloshi, anu mpama

[/s]
You just typed a whole lot of nothing I didn't read.. simple post your degree... If you have one smiley

Iliterate
Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 4:58pm On Mar 04, 2022
STEWpid:

Oloshi, anu mpama

You for ignore the ediot

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? by STEWpid(f): 1:39pm On Mar 05, 2022
Dawn91:
[s][/s]
You just typed a whole lot of nothing I didn't read.. simple post your degree... If you have one smiley

Iliterate

Lol.. grin

Only a foolish person like you will post his/her degree in a forum like this..ode

Post your own na, mugu. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Plea To President Buhari On The NNPC 2012 Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Global Management Trainee Programme 2021 At Anheuser-busch Inbev / Sterlingbank Recruiting Social Media Interns, graduates and undergraduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.