Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Gov. - Foreign Affairs (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gov. (182822 Views)

Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It / Russia-Ukraine Crisis: "Putin Cannot Remain In Power" - President Biden / Marina Ovsyannikova, Russian Anti-War Protester Interrupts News On State TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 9:07pm On Aug 05, 2022
Iron dome thwarts rockets south of Tel Aviv

Re: Gov. by RikudoSennin: 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2022
���� Saraya Al-Quds in West bank declares war on Israel.

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 9:09pm On Aug 05, 2022
Of the 100 rockets the Islamic Jihad launched towards Israel- 50 fell inside Gaza. The other 50 were thwarted by iron dome.

(Amir Tsarfati)
Re: Gov. by ponyonm: 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2022
okeysoninv:
most of you here are ill informed. Israel is phasing out iron dome to more efficient , cheap and effective laser guilded defense system. Israel will always triumph over it adversaries.

Stop misleading people with your ill informed jargons. Iron beam is being developed to compliment iron dome and not to phase it out. It has a very short range of 7km to intercept uav, rockets and mortars. It's only effective against short range threats.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2022
Today’s preemptive strike in Gaza began at 4:16PM by a precise assassination of the military leader of the Islamic Jihad in Gaza Tayseer Jabari and his assistant.

This man was responsible for multiple terrorist attacks against Israeli civilians.

1 Like

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2022
IDF spokesman confirms that Israel targeted 2 squads of Palestinian Islamic Jihad anti-tank missile launchers preparing to fire on Israeli targets. A total of 15 PIJ militants were targeted. The Ministry of Health in Gaza: 7 people killed, including a 5-year-old girl (daughter of PIJ militant), 40 wounded.
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 9:12pm On Aug 05, 2022
One of the targeted PIJ militants was Abdullah Kaddum, commander of the Al Quds Brigades anti-tank units in northern Gaza.

IDF confirms Kaddum was "neutralized".
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2022
Israel Threatens to Wipe Out Hezbollah Hub in Beirut

( Israel radar)

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 9:18pm On Aug 05, 2022
IDF: Operation "Breaking Dawn":

The IDF is continuing to strike targets belonging to the Islamic Jihad terrorist organization in the Gaza Strip.

IDF
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 9:21pm On Aug 05, 2022
ponyonm:

Stop misleading people with your ill informed jargons. Iron beam is being developed to compliment iron dome and not to phase it out. It has a very short range of 7km to intercept uav, rockets and mortars. It's only effective against short range threats.

Ignore that young man. He is used to typing what he has no knowledge about.
Re: Gov. by ponyonm: 9:28pm On Aug 05, 2022
Uprightness100:

Ignore that young man. He is used to typing what he has no knowledge about.

The confidence with which he typed that nonsense, one would think he has an idea what he is talking about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 9:31pm On Aug 05, 2022
IDF: Operation “Breaking Dawn”:

The IDF targeted weapons and military development facilities belonging to the Islamic Jihad terrorist organization

IAF fighter jets struck a site used by the Islamic Jihad terrorist organization to manufacture rockets.

In addition, the IDF targeted a weapons manufacturing site, a rocket launcher and a military post belonging to the Islamic Jihad terrorist organization in the Gaza Strip.

The strikes on these sites significantly affect the terrorist organization's ability to develop its military capabilities.

Attached is a video of the strike:
https:///3cYvg1s

( IDF)
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 9:32pm On Aug 05, 2022
Initial report – sirens sounded in the kibbutz of Nahal Oz .

( IDF)
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 9:35pm On Aug 05, 2022

The IDF is currently striking targets belonging to the Islamic Jihad terrorist organization in the Gaza Strip. Details to follow.

( IDF)
Re: Gov. by Psych412(f): 9:41pm On Aug 05, 2022
Uprightness100:

The IDF is currently striking targets belonging to the Islamic Jihad terrorist organization in the Gaza Strip. Details to follow.

( IDF)
israel doing the needful grin grin

1 Like

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 9:41pm On Aug 05, 2022
“Allah hu Akbar” they shout enthusiastically as dozens of rockets are fired from the center of Gaza towards Israel only to meet the thwarting Iron Dome rocket.

Pic 1&2- Barrages of rockets
Pic 3&4- Iron dome interceptions

( Amir Tsarfati)

Re: Gov. by LordMangekyo(m): 9:55pm On Aug 05, 2022
okeysoninv:
most of you here are ill informed. Israel is phasing out iron dome to more efficient , cheap and effective laser guilded defense system. Israel will always triumph over it adversaries.
You are a dumb, stupid møřōn and the sooner you stopped mentioning me on this forum, the better it would be fit both of us.
Why would Israel phase out one of the best short range SAM there is in the entire world? Are you brainless? Please mention the laser guided SAM you mentioned, let me see if it isn't the one they were testing last year. Imagine thinking a trustworthy SAM like the iron dome would be phased off for another SAM that is yet to be even tested in actual combat.
Meanwhile, laser guided defence systems are actually only effective against rockets and mortals like the iron dome itself. I can't really think of any that has capability to intercept cruise or ballistic missile. So, there would be no upgrade to their defence whatsoever as the iron dome does the job it was created to do and efficient which is to intercept rockets and artilleries. Israel has David’s Sling and Arrow system to defend against cruise and ballistic missiles already.

And also, I think you even failed to comprehend my point which isn't surprising. I said iron dome would be exposed in event of a continuous barrage from an enemy with nearly unlimited stockpile. Let me make clear to you. No matter the success rate or capability of any defensive mechanism, it would be completely exposed in event of a continuous and nonstop barrage. This includes the S-400 itself

3 Likes

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 10:00pm On Aug 05, 2022
So far 120 rockets were fired towards Israel

( Amir Tsarfati)
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 10:03pm On Aug 05, 2022
An IAF fighter jet struck rocket launchers belonging to the Islamic Jihad terrorist organization

A short while ago, an IAF fighter jet targeted rocket launchers belonging to the Islamic Jihad terrorist organization in the Gaza Strip.
The rocket launchers fired over ten rockets toward Israeli territory this evening.

Attached are visuals from the IDF strike

(IDF)

https:///3QlmoBx

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 10:07pm On Aug 05, 2022
Currently…. Islamic Jihad has been the only one In this current battle with Israel and fired 120 missiles toward Israel so far…keep an eye out to see if Hamas and Hezbollah joins this fight… because that will be a game changer. Regardless… GOD will defend His Land! GOD will defend Israel!

Psalm 121:4
King James Version

4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 10:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
Sirens sounded in the moshavim Zimrat and Shuva.

Sirens sounded in the city of Sderot and in the area surrounding the Gaza Strip.
(IDF)
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 10:45pm On Aug 05, 2022
So far 4 Israelis needed medical assistance. Three fell as they ran to take cover from rockets and one suffered from a heart attack.
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 10:46pm On Aug 05, 2022
Operation “Breaking Dawn” will continue as long as the Islamic Jihad will keep firing rockets.

( Amir Tsarfati)
Re: Gov. by Emmawhite91(m): 11:17pm On Aug 05, 2022
Pls help with the telegram handler of the Ukraine,China and Israel for me to be updated also
Re: Gov. by okeysoninv: 12:18am On Aug 06, 2022
LordMangekyo:

You are a dumb, stupid møřōn and the sooner you stopped mentioning me on this forum, the better it would be fit both of us.
Why would Israel phase out one of the best short range SAM there is in the entire world? Are you brainless? Please mention the laser guided SAM you mentioned, let me see if it isn't the one they were testing last year. Imagine thinking a trustworthy SAM like the iron dome would be phased off for another SAM that is yet to be even tested in actual combat.
Meanwhile, laser guided defence systems are actually only effective against rockets and mortals like the iron dome itself. I can't really think of any that has capability to intercept cruise or ballistic missile. So, there would be no upgrade to their defence whatsoever as the iron dome does the job it was created to do and efficient which is to intercept rockets and artilleries. Israel has David’s Sling and Arrow system to defend against cruise and ballistic missiles already.

And also, I think you even failed to comprehend my point which isn't surprising. I said iron dome would be exposed in event of a continuous barrage from an enemy with nearly unlimited stockpile. Let me make clear to you. No matter the success rate or capability of any defensive mechanism, it would be completely exposed in event of a continuous and nonstop barrage. This includes the S-400 itself
olodo get urself educated. typing rubbish always. the cost of iron dome interceptor is high that's why they are developing laser guilded missiles defense. https://www.google.com/url?q=https://thebothsidenews.com/israel-successfully-tests-the-worlds-first-iron-beam-laser-interceptor/world/04/15/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj5q5qb6rD5AhUDOewKHd1RDikQFnoECAEQAg&usg=AOvVaw3KBdV96euFa1DU2JeINftc

1 Like

Re: Gov. by Alamkir: 1:26am On Aug 06, 2022
— The Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP, the Palestinian Maoist Faction) military wing, the National Resistance Brigades have joined the Palestinian Islamic JIhad Military Wing, the Saraya Al-Quds in launching rockets into Israel, they have taken responsibility for launching rockets towards Netivot.
Re: Gov. by LordMangekyo(m): 6:31am On Aug 06, 2022
okeysoninv:
olodo get urself educated. typing rubbish always. the cost of iron dome interceptor is high that's why they are developing laser guilded missiles defense. https://www.google.com/url?q=https://thebothsidenews.com/israel-successfully-tests-the-worlds-first-iron-beam-laser-interceptor/world/04/15/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj5q5qb6rD5AhUDOewKHd1RDikQFnoECAEQAg&usg=AOvVaw3KBdV96euFa1DU2JeINftc
You just keep exposing your sheer stupidity and illiteracy. I think you're unrivaled at this point. Kudos.
Where in my entire writeup did I say they didn't test a laser guided defence system? Did you even read what I wrote? Or perhaps you couldn't because you're a dumb illiterate?
A tested prototype defence system to replace one of the best SAM there is in the entire world is the dumbest thing a person could say and I'm not surprised it's coming from you. Honestly. Categorically, can they both be classified as the same? No. The new one is a laser guided defense system which has never been used in any actual combat, while the other is a surface to air "missile" defence system, and somehow you think the former was researched and created to replace the latter. lmfao grin
You're very dumb, son. If anything, that laser guided defence system would be added to their arsenal not replacing iron dome. Iron dome can only be phased off for another SAM that makes use of missile as it's interceptor projectile, not laser guided beam. But I don't see that happening any time from now since Iron dome is very reliable.
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 8:46am On Aug 06, 2022
President Vladimir Putin has signed a decree, immediately banning investors from so-called unfriendly countries from selling shares in Russia’s key energy projects and banks until the end of the year.

(BNN)

1 Like

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 8:47am On Aug 06, 2022
So far 15 terrorists were killed by the IDF
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 8:48am On Aug 06, 2022
Turkey that butchers the Kurds, Iran that butchers it’s own and Russia that butchers Ukrainians will condemn the Israeli strikes on terror targets. Why? Because hypocrites remain hypocrites!

( Amir Tsarfati)
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 8:49am On Aug 06, 2022
As expected Turkey condemns the Israeli strikes in Gaza.

Re: Gov. by Alamkir: 8:51am On Aug 06, 2022
Will the US and EU impose sanctions on Israel?

He bombed the civilians and hooked the children. Or are they the wrong kids? Or is the peacekeeper not the one objectionable to them?

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (385) (Reply)

Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? / South African Officers Caught On Camera Having Sex In A Hospital / US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.