Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,909 members, 7,835,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Gov. - Foreign Affairs (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gov. (183523 Views)

Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It / Russia-Ukraine Crisis: "Putin Cannot Remain In Power" - President Biden / Marina Ovsyannikova, Russian Anti-War Protester Interrupts News On State TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. by gambojimeta: 4:35pm On Oct 10, 2022
olugabbie:

Civilians are being killed on a daily basis in Russian controlled part of Ukraine especially in the Donestsk. But the Western media intentionally refuse to air such event.
Civilian being killed like the Russian bombing of zaporizhzhai. An oblast it claimed to have annexed.
Re: Gov. by gambojimeta: 4:37pm On Oct 10, 2022
Uprightness100:
Interesting report

Russian warships were recorded off northern Jutland between Denmark and Germany
I wonder what else they are looking to sabotage this time around.
Re: Gov. by gambojimeta: 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2022
ariesbull:
�Number of missiles fired at military targets:

47 in the Nikolaev region;
60 in Kyiv;
15 in Lviv;
27 in Vinnitsa region;
20 in Kharkov;
15 in the Odessa region;
10 in Dnepropetrovsk.

Now Russia is bringing Armageddon... The greatest mistake Zelensky made was bombing that Crimea bridge
That's a playground in the attached picture. Later some people will be asking for proof that a playground were bombed. grin
Re: Gov. by Ibime(m): 4:41pm On Oct 10, 2022
emperorshaokahn:
russia have gained more hard money from oil and gas during this war than they have before. As biden don go provoke china and india,they will continue buying russian oil and gas. Whatever is the case though,things are going to be very difficult for ukraine henceforth.

Russia is running a budget deficit for the first time during the war. Stick to facts

4 Likes

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 4:45pm On Oct 10, 2022
Biden admin requires trans women to register for draft if they were born male.

"US citizens or immigrants who are born male and changed their gender to female are still required to register. Individuals who are born female and changed their gender to male are not required to register," reads the guidance on requirements from the Selective Service System.

The Selective Service does not require those who were born female but identify as transgender to register for the draft, only those who were born male.

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 4:46pm On Oct 10, 2022
JUST IN
Poland advises its citizens in Belarus to leave the country.

4 Likes

Re: Gov. by gambojimeta: 4:46pm On Oct 10, 2022
Segun2222:
Even people west supporters are reporting Russia wins..... Let Ukraine liberate any village or something you'd start hearing it western propaganda
That's there way nah. Any news that doesn't favour Russia is termed propaganda.
Re: Gov. by Alamkir: 4:47pm On Oct 10, 2022
TonySpike:

A single cruise missile costs almost $2 million per unit. What Russia has done today is wasting its assets and this was likely expected by the Ukrainian government.

So what about the Ukrainian assets (infrastructures) that were destroyed by this cruise missiles. Did u also calculate the cost?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 4:47pm On Oct 10, 2022
According to Ukrainian media, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy ’s office has been destroyed by a missile strike in Central Kyiv today.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. by gambojimeta: 4:48pm On Oct 10, 2022
ariesbull:
��❗️Lukashenko warned that Belarus would adequately respond to any opponent, as it had been preparing for this for decades — Belta
This one body dey hot. He wants to enter the war as well like a kid that has been missing out of the action.
Re: Gov. by gambojimeta: 4:51pm On Oct 10, 2022
Uprightness100:
Putin: If the attacks against Russia continue, the response will be very severe

(N12)
It is highly likely that it is going to continue.

1 Like

Re: Gov. by gambojimeta: 4:53pm On Oct 10, 2022
Baloranking:
grin why is #zelenskywarcriminal trending on twitter?
Russian trolls most likely. Nothing new about that.
Re: Gov. by ParasiteWest: 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2022
Alamkir:

So what about the Ukrainian assets (infrastructures) that were destroyed by this cruise missiles. Did u also calculate the cost?
Abi, na d first thing wey I ask myself be that.
Mr accountant general skipped his classes.

1 Like

Re: Gov. by gambojimeta: 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2022
Uprightness100:

The head of EU diplomacy, Josep Borrell, promised additional military assistance to Ukraine from the European Union and condemned rocket attacks on Kyiv.
There you are.
Re: Gov. by gambojimeta: 4:58pm On Oct 10, 2022
ParasiteWest:

Germany sought to conquer Russia during WW2 because Germany is a barren land and needed raw materials to produce it's weapons.
Raw materials that are in abundance in Russia.
The lack of raw materials/resources cost Germany the war. They lost due to logistical problems.
Russia has the raw material and has the manpower.
Yet Soviet relied on the lend lease act to help it win the war against Germany.
Re: Gov. by gambojimeta: 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2022
baralatie:

Russia does not have the long term robustness to fund,finance a war with the west!
If you say Ukraine cannot fund a war with Russia that I agree!
As long as oil and gas is flowing the Arab nations will be smiling to the bank but it is not that easy with russia.the longer this unnecessary war goes the more likely Russia will be forced into a corner
You are one of the few Posters here that spits out the truth even though you are a Russia supporter grin. NATO military budget alone dwarfs that of Russia. Russia can't take on the whole west. The nuclear stockpile is Russia's saving grace. If Ukraine had not given up it's nuclear weapons, Russia won't not even have invaded.

1 Like

Re: Gov. by ParasiteWest: 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2022
gambojimeta:

Yet Soviet relied on the lend lease act to help it win the war against Germany.
The West relied on Russia to win the war against Germany.
Russia proved the Nazi Germans were not invincible.
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 5:03pm On Oct 10, 2022
WINTER GETS TOUGHER FOR EUROPE!

Ukraine stops electricity production for the European Union starting tomorrow.

6 Likes

Re: Gov. by gambojimeta: 5:03pm On Oct 10, 2022
ParasiteWest:

If the west thought the Germans were invisible, there would not have been a D-day landing to take back mainland Europe.

Yes, the lend lease act helped a lot. Stalin and Khrushchev (Russian Lt. General and Later premier of the USSR) both agreed that without the lend-lease act, the USSR would have lost the war against Germany.
Re: Gov. by Ruggedniggaone: 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2022
TonySpike:

The truck that bombed the Crimean bridge came from Russia. The truck was supposedly 'scanned' in Russia before using the bridge. Is there something we are missing?
the only thing you are missing is your brain

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. by gambojimeta: 5:07pm On Oct 10, 2022
Ruggedniggaone:
the only thing you are missing is your brain
Na waoh. Let's post without insults.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 5:10pm On Oct 10, 2022
Europe is going to have its worst winter probably since World War Two.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. by ParasiteWest: 5:11pm On Oct 10, 2022
gambojimeta:

If the west thought the Germans were invisible, there would not have been a D-day landing to take back mainland Europe.

Yes, the lend lease act helped a lot. Stalin and Khrushchev (Russian Lt. General and Later premier of the USSR) both agreed that without the lend-lease act, the USSR would have lost the war against Germany.
Russia was not dependent on the US.
The West (including the US) depended on Russia.
France fell, Britain collapsed, every other European country that German touched collapsed. Only Russia held it's ground and prevailed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. by BentizilL: 5:14pm On Oct 10, 2022
ParasiteWest:

That's just it..
Hitler greatest mistake was invading Soviet Union, he could've been unstoppable with a neutral Soviet couple with a strong Japan ally.. kiss

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov. by ParasiteWest: 5:15pm On Oct 10, 2022
BentizilL:

That's just it..
Hitler greatest mistake was invading Soviet Union, he could've been unstoppable with a neutral Soviet couple with a strong Japan ally.. kiss
I swear.
But thank God for Russia sha.
I 4 dey speak German today.
Even this English sef was forced on me due to colonization and I prefer Yoruba
Re: Gov. by gambojimeta: 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2022
ParasiteWest:

France fell, Britain collapsed, every other European country that German touched collapsed. Only Russia held it's ground and prevailed.
While I acknowledge the fact that Germans fighting on many fronts helped with the advance of the allied troops.. However, Britain did not collapse and never collapsed, and if Stalin could make the statement I posted above. Who am I to argue against the great Stalin.

Re: Gov. by olugabbie(m): 5:17pm On Oct 10, 2022
TonySpike:

A single cruise missile costs almost $2 million per unit. What Russia has done today is wasting its assets and this was likely expected by the Ukrainian government.

I think Russia is using mostly the old Oniks Cruise missile (Brahmos missile is India version of Oniks) and the old kh-101 missile for targets that are not well defended. These are missiles they inherited from the Soviet Union. They have huge stockpile of these missiles.

They use Kalibr Cruise Missile, Iskanker M and Bastion on targets that are well defended. Sometimes they use 3-4 Oniks on target that are well defended to get result.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. by baralatie(m): 5:18pm On Oct 10, 2022
gambojimeta:

While I acknowledge the fact that Germans fighting on many fronts helped with the advance of the allied troops.. However, Britain did not collapse and never collapsed, and if Stalin could make the statement I posted above. Who am I to argue against the great Stalin.
Russia only managed to survive in WW2 with supplies from the west lipsrsealed
Re: Gov. by ParasiteWest: 5:19pm On Oct 10, 2022
gambojimeta:

While I acknowledge the fact that Germans fighting on many fronts helped with the advance of the allied troops.. However, Britain did not collapse, and if Stalin could make the statement I posted above. Who am I to argue against the great Stalin.
The Russians held their ground, other countries that were yet to be invaded by Nazi Germany provided weapons to Russia.
Russia eventually returned those weapons as Russia stockpile and domestic production was enough to defeat Germany but it was important to accept them at that time as the future was unpredictable.
Russia is not an arrogant nation.
Even if na Iran dey lease equipment give Russia.
The most important is, Russians are smart, effective and efficient.
They've gotten better and better while the West continues to decline.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 5:21pm On Oct 10, 2022
Hungary and Serbia will build an oil pipeline to supply Russian fuel.

"The new oil pipeline will be connected to the Druzhba oil pipeline and will allow Serbia to receive cheaper Urals crude oil," - said the official representative of the Hungarian government.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 5:26pm On Oct 10, 2022
German Defense Minister Christine Lambrecht says Germany would deliver the first of four IRIS-T SLM air-to-air missile systems to Ukraine within days.

1 Like

Re: Gov. by Fash20: 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2022
ParasiteWest:

The wast helped ussr.

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (385) (Reply)

South African Officers Caught On Camera Having Sex In A Hospital / US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) / World News! Events Happening Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.