Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Gov. - Foreign Affairs (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gov. (182830 Views)

Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It / Russia-Ukraine Crisis: "Putin Cannot Remain In Power" - President Biden / Marina Ovsyannikova, Russian Anti-War Protester Interrupts News On State TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 8:01am On Jul 30, 2022
Rampant Escalation !
China: Intercept Pelosi's Jet at All Costs - Green Light Even to Shoot Down!

Senator: It will be an act of war -

(WarNews247)

Re: Gov. by WriterNig: 1:07pm On Jul 30, 2022
Nancy Pelosi's plane just departed for Taiwan.

War is coming!

1 Like

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 1:23pm On Jul 30, 2022
Pelosi is now en route to Asia: reports.

Re: Gov. by LordMangekyo(m): 1:23pm On Jul 30, 2022
Go PLA, go!
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 1:26pm On Jul 30, 2022
Protesters storm the Iraqi parliament building in #Baghdad for the second time this week.

1 Share

Re: Gov. by baralatie(m): 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2022
WriterNig:
Nancy Pelosi's plane just departed for Taiwan.

War is coming!
Naaaa!
She will land in Taiwan and nothing will happen
Re: Gov. by baralatie(m): 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2022
Uprightness100:
Protesters storm the Iraqi parliament building in #Baghdad for the second time this week.
This is just Iran meddling in Iraq

When iraqia start against this this set of people trying to influence Iran... na there you will understand Iraqi politics
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 1:32pm On Jul 30, 2022
Don’t say we didn’t warn you – Symposium of China’s top think tank sends classic, pre-war warning to provocative Pelosi

(Global Times)
Re: Gov. by baralatie(m): 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2022
Uprightness100:
Don’t say we didn’t warn you – Symposium of China’s top think tank sends classic, pre-war warning to provocative Pelosi

(Global Times)
Nothing will happen joor
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2022
If you know! You know

Re: Gov. by baralatie(m): 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2022
When nothing happens!
She I you will all go and Siddon in one place
Re: Gov. by baralatie(m): 1:42pm On Jul 30, 2022
ADVERTISEMENT

Iraq: Muqtada al-Sadr supporters storm parliament again
Published
23 minutes ago

Supporters of the Iraqi cleric Moqtada Sadr raise portraits of their leader inside the country's parliament in the capital Baghdad's high-security Green Zone
IMAGE SOURCE,AHMAD AL-RUBAYE/GETTY
Image caption,
Supporters of the Iraqi cleric Muqtada al-Sadr raised portraits of their leader inside the country's parliament
At least 60 people have been injured as protesters stormed the Iraqi parliament for the second time in a week.

The supporters of cleric Muqtada al-Sadr again breached the high-security Green Zone in Baghdad, as they oppose the nomination of a pro-Iran rival candidate for prime minister.

Mr Sadr's block won the most seats last October, but it is not in power due to a political deadlock.

Six of the injured were in serious conditions, a ministry statement said.

The protesters have vowed to occupy parliament until further notice, AFP news agency reports........BBC
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2022
Chinese invasion of Taiwan may come sooner than expected

(Axios)

1 Like

Re: Gov. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 30, 2022
Lol, Taiwan should learn from Ukraine.
Their own go worst sef because they no stand any slight chance against PLA.

1 Like

Re: Gov. by okeysoninv: 3:43pm On Jul 30, 2022
Eaziimoney:
Lol, Taiwan should learn from Ukraine.
Their own go worst sef because they no stand any slight chance against PLA.
it will be difficult to invade Taiwan. china knows it. how will you invade a country that doesn't have land boundaries with you. ur sea ships will be annihilated by missiles before it lands. china knew invading Taiwan will be a huge gamble.
Re: Gov. by LordMangekyo(m): 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2022
okeysoninv:
it will be difficult to invade Taiwan. china knows it. how will you invade a country that doesn't have land boundaries with you. ur sea ships will be annihilated by missiles before it lands. china knew invading Taiwan will be a huge gamble.
It will easy actually. Very easy. It's only a matter of blockading Taiwan, and bombard them with munitions from a safe distance.

I don't think you're taking into consideration, that the only reason Ukraine is being able to continue fighting is because, despite russia blockaded their ports, they're still getting ammunitions and hardwares from Poland and other "friendly" countries that they share border with.

They won't be any such in the case of Taiwan. It's an island, shares no border with anyone. PLA has enough long range missiles, rockets and artillery to bombard them into surrendering.
Re: Gov. by okeysoninv: 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2022
LordMangekyo:

It will easy actually. Very easy. It's only a matter of blockading Taiwan, and bombard them with munitions from a safe distance.

I don't think you're taking into consideration, that the only reason Ukraine is being able to continue fighting is because, despite russia blockaded their ports, they're still getting ammunitions and hardwares from Poland and other "friendly" countries that they share border with.

They won't be any such in the case of Taiwan. It's an island, shares no border with anyone. PLA has enough long range missiles, rockets and artillery to bombard them into surrendering.
lol Ukraine is not Taiwan. Taiwan has been preparing for past 60yrs for china war. do you know how many miles of underground bunkers and runway in Taiwan. china bombing Taiwan won't even have impact ..it will be very difficult that will resurrect world war. and you have to Know Japan has interest in Taiwan. Taiwan terrain is more rough than plain ukraine. china understand it won't be easy taking on them.
Re: Gov. by LordMangekyo(m): 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2022
okeysoninv:
lol Ukraine is not Taiwan. Taiwan has been preparing for past 60yrs for china war. do you know how many miles of underground bunkers and runway in Taiwan. china bombing Taiwan won't even have impact ..it will be very difficult that will resurrect world war. and you have to Know Japan has interest in Taiwan. Taiwan terrain is more rough than plain ukraine. china understand it won't be easy taking on them.
"I stopped at Taiwan isn't ukraine. Taiwan has been preparing for the past 60years".
Luckily,i have the perfect article to educate you since youre ignorant of actual reality.

If you're willing to read with a clean mind. https://www.reddit.com/r/CredibleDefense/comments/wah0u6/dispelling_the_myth_of_taiwan_military_competency/
Re: Gov. by okeysoninv: 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2022
LordMangekyo:

"I stopped at Taiwan isn't ukraine. Taiwan has been preparing for the past 60years".
Luckily,i have the perfect article to educate you since youre ignorant of actual reality.

If you're willing to read with a clean mind. https://www.reddit.com/r/CredibleDefense/comments/wah0u6/dispelling_the_myth_of_taiwan_military_competency/
I repeat Taiwan is not Ukraine, if easy as you claimed china could have over ran them decade ago..Taiwan terrain is difficult , if ur invading a nation through a sea , ur chance of survival is minimal ..do you think Taiwan doesn't have missiles that can reach Guangzhou and Shanghai. China knew all these. The reasons they haven't invaded Taiwan for past 30yrs now.
https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2022/4/4/how-difficult-would-it-be-for-china-to-invade-taiwan
Bring a reputable journal not reddit
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2022
Russia's Gazprom has announced that it has stopped supplying gas to Latvia

(Amir Tsarfati)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 4:35pm On Jul 30, 2022
Kentucky flooding death toll rises to 25, with more rain forecast for disaster areas
Re: Gov. by LordMangekyo(m): 4:38pm On Jul 30, 2022
okeysoninv:
I repeat Taiwan is not Ukraine, it's easy as you claimed china could have over ran them decade ago..Taiwan terrain is difficult , if ur invading a nation through a sea , ur chance of survival is minimal ..do you think Taiwan doesn't have missiles that can reach Guangzhou and Shanghai. China knew all these. The reasons they haven't invaded Taiwan for past 30yrs now.
https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2022/4/4/how-difficult-would-it-be-for-china-to-invade-taiwan
Bring a reputable journal not reddit

grin grin
You insinuating that Taiwan, without external help would last even a week against China, which is predicted to overtake USA and even Russia militarily and soon?
You must be demented grin

Give me a detailed stockpile of the Taiwan military let's see how they compare to PLA!
Or don't worry, I'll do it myself and link it up. Don't worry.

The only way Taiwan would be standing a chance of surviving through a few week, is if they get direct military assistance from the USA. And that isnt going to happen except the USA is willing to risk a world war, which would 100% happen the moment they try removing a total blockade.

Do you think war is all about just shooting guns at each other? I hope not.
Taiwan isnt even food sufficient. They rely on imports from other countries to sustain their people. Even their fossil fuel would be cut off completely. China can leave them to themselves, and unleash unending barrage to further add pressure on them.

Those missiles you claim Taiwan possesses are actually anti ship and a few AA's. Their ranges are extremely limited and would be pretty much useless against an enemy that would just sit it out, and unleash hell on them.

Meanwhile, this is even if we think the Chinese would even sit it out. China is the most populous country in the entire world. They have money only second to the USA.
They can decide to take the risk and push in conscripts. 50k sacrifice out of a pupulation of millions of people available to be conscripted into the military is a very little price to pay for Taiwan itself. Any lost equipment would be replaced even before the blinking of an eye grin

There is absolutely NO scenario where taiwan doesn't get brutalized, bullied, bombarded, and annihilated by the PLA

1 Like

Re: Gov. by okeysoninv: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2022
LordMangekyo:

grin grin
You insinuating that Taiwan, without external help would last even a week against China, which is predicted to overtake USA and even Russia militarily and soon?
You must be demented grin

Give me a detailed stockpile of the Taiwan military let's see how they compare to PLA!
Or don't worry, I'll do it myself and link it up. Don't worry.

The only way Taiwan would be standing a chance of surviving through a few week, is if they get direct military assistance from the USA. And that isnt going to happen except the USA is willing to risk a world war, which would 100% happen the moment they try removing a total blockade.

Do you think war is all about just shooting guns at each other? I hope not.
Taiwan isnt even food sufficient. They rely on imports from other countries to sustain their people. Even their fossil fuel would be cut off completely. China can leave them to themselves, and unleash unending barrage to further add pressure on them.

Those missiles you claim Taiwan possesses are actually anti ship and a few AA's. Their ranges are extremely limited and would be pretty much useless against an enemy that would just sit it out, and unleash hell on them.

Meanwhile, this is even if we think the Chinese would even sit it out. China is the most populous country in the entire world. They have money only second to the USA.
They can decide to take the risk and push in conscripts. 50k sacrifice out of a pupulation of millions of people available to be conscripted into the military is a very little price to pay for Taiwan itself. Any lost equipment would be replaced even before the blinking of an eye grin

There is absolutely NO scenario where taiwan doesn't get brutalized, bullied, bombarded, and annihilated by the PLA
hope you read the aljazerra article not base your self on hearsay. maybe it spirits china will you use to invade not humans. do you Know the risk of transportation 1000s in one ship. that enemy can capsize .

china knew it will be a huge gamble to invade . Taiwan air Force is a pretty good force with modern jets like F-16. with hundreds of runway underground. it will take a huge gamble to crush Taiwan take that from me.
you should also be aware that most important cities in china are also located in the coast, is china ready to see Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Hong Kong plume by missiles .
your novice , that how you guys were saying Russia will overrun Ukraine in 2wks. now we are in 6 months . Russia is yet to over ordinary Donbass but also lost 40% of their forces.
lecturing mu*mu like you is a waste of time.
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2022
Hamas urges Palestinian policemen to carry out terror attacks

(The Jerusalem Post)
Re: Gov. by LordMangekyo(m): 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2022
okeysoninv:
hope you read the aljazerra article not base your self on hearsay. maybe it spirits china will you use to invade not humans. do you Know the risk of transportation 1000 in one ship. that enemy can capsize .

I did not even open the link you dropped grin grin grin
I stopped reading most of these analysis from media's featuring people who call themselves "experts". Lol.

I can make my own researches for myself, and make conclusions.

My conclusion on this topic is that Taiwan is just too small and insignificant to stand a chance against China. The fact that it is an island adds to their woe. If this was the 40s when the use of missiles were limited, then maybe. Just maybe. But these days countries that are rich can just spam endless missile barrage on you. There are drones, and even stealth fighter jets and bombers that would 100% penetrate the shitty AA's that Taiwan employs.

Meanwhike, take Britain, an island, for example in WW2... They prepared heavily for the German assault. Meanwhile, during the invasion, Germany only used a fraction of their airforce power, but please go read up on the damages they inflicted on the brits. grin
They even contemplated surrendering. This is even considering the fact that the British navy was a force to reckon with then. Meanwhile, the German navy was actually shit even compared to the soviet union, not to talk of great Britain.

Meanwhile, what does Taiwan have? 4 ww1 era submarines and a few frigates lol. China just added their 3rd aircraft carriers to their collection. They have 80+ subs all armed with long range missiles and torpedoes to completely devastate Taiwan. Let's not even bring up their destroyers which would obliterate those ww1 frigates that Taiwan proudly fields lol.
China dwarfs and batters Taiwan in the air, on land, on sea.... Technologically, economically, and politically. Let's not even talk about the cyber war China would unleash on their technically sector.

Honestly even the average Taiwanese would be surprised if they managed to hold out for 2 days grin grin
Re: Gov. by okeysoninv: 5:12pm On Jul 30, 2022
LordMangekyo:

I did not even open the link you dropped grin grin grin
I stopped reading most of these analysis from media's featuring people who call themselves "experts". Lol.

I can make my own researches for myself, and make conclusions.

My conclusion on this topic is that Taiwan is just too small and insignificant to stand a chance against China. The fact that it is an island adds to their woe. If this was the 40s when the use of missiles were limited, then maybe. Just maybe. But these days countries that are rich can just spam endless missile barrage on you. There are drones, and even stealth fighter jets and bombers that would 100% penetrate the shitty AA's that Taiwan employs.

Meanwhike, take Britain, an island, for example in WW2... They prepared heavily for the German assault. Meanwhile, during the invasion, Germany only used a fraction of their airforce power, but please go read up on the damages they inflicted on the brits. grin
They even contemplated surrendering. This is even considering the fact that the British navy was a force to reckon with then. Meanwhile, the German navy was actually shit even compared to the soviet union, not to talk of great Britain.

Meanwhile, what does Taiwan have? 4 ww1 era submarines and a few frigates lol. China just added their 3rd aircraft carriers to their collection. They have 80+ subs all armed with long range missiles and torpedoes to completely devastate Taiwan. Let's not even bring up their destroyers which would obliterate those ww1 frigates that Taiwan proudly fields lol.
China dwarfs and batters Taiwan in the air, on land, on sea.... Technologically, economically, and politically. Let's not even talk about the cyber war China would unleash on their technical sector.

Honestly even the average Taiwanese would be surprised if they managed to hold out for 2 days grin grin
bla bla why don't you go and command xi to take Taiwan. arm chair analyst. that's how you people cheers Putin to commit into a war he can never win. abeg go rest. if UK had land border with Germans , German could have taken them like France. you think is easy to fight an island nation with sophisticated army. Since Korea war china has been threatening to take Taiwan by military force. what is stopping them for over 60yrs.
Re: Gov. by LordMangekyo(m): 5:21pm On Jul 30, 2022
okeysoninv:

china knew it will be a huge gamble to invade . Taiwan air Force is a pretty good force with modern jets like F-16. with hundreds of runway underground. it will take a huge gamble to crush Taiwan take that from me.
you should also be aware that most important cities in china are also located in the coast, is china ready to see Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Hong Kong plume by missiles .
your novice , that how you guys were saying Russia will overrun Ukraine in 2wks. now we are in 6 months . Russia is yet to over ordinary Donbass but also lost 40% of their forces.
lecturing mu*mu like you is a waste of time.
Is F-16 modern compared to the 5th generation aircrafts that litter the storage of China? What is even the use of an F-16 against an enemy that possesses and employs S400 SAM batteries? F-16s that were even shot down by an Iraq that had little to no working AA's? You must be a clown grin grin

Taiwan does not even have any missile that can reach China. Take that to the bank grin
Even if they do, China can just place those S400 Sam's at the coast, and interception is 100% guaranteed, since missiles from Taiwan, would have to fly across the sea, making them very easy to spot by bandwidth raders.

The funny thing about Taiwan is that.... They are an island, yet their navy is even shit compared to South Africa grin grin

Britain invests alot more on their navy.... Infact 80% of their military budget goes to their navy because you would need them to defend you since you're in a goddamn island which has its pros and cons.

Meanwhile, Taiwan navy is absolute shit and nothing to write home about. The Chinese navy would just sail through unharmed because those little shits called frigates that Taiwan employs would be destroyed even before knowing what hit them grin
Re: Gov. by LordMangekyo(m): 5:28pm On Jul 30, 2022
okeysoninv:
bla bla why don't you go and command xi to take Taiwan. arm chair analyst. that's how you people cheers Putin to commit into a war he can never win. abeg go rest. if UK had land border with Germans , German could have taken them like France. you think is easy to fight an island nation with sophisticated army. Since Korea war china has been threatening to take Taiwan by military force. what is stopping them for over 60yrs.

And who said the war in ukraine wouldnt be won? Your dad? grin grin grin
Putin has this war in the bag.
Let me remind you that, the only reason why Ukraine is still holding out is of those ammunition and hardware reinforcements entering the country via Poland. There wouldn't be any such thing in the case of Taiwan.

Let me remind you also, that all Taiwan military hardwares were even purchased from the USA. Meaning ammunitions and spare parts would be needed to keep them functioning. Meanwhile, how they gonna get supplies with their coast blockaded and their skies covered by Chinese SAM batteries?
Re: Gov. by okeysoninv: 5:31pm On Jul 30, 2022
LordMangekyo:

Is F-16 modern compared to the 5th generation aircrafts that litter the storage of China? What is even the use of an F-16 against an enemy that possesses and employs S400 SAM batteries? F-16s that were even shot down by an Iraq that had little to no working AA's? You must be a clown grin grin

Taiwan does not even have any missile that can reach China. Take that to the bank grin
Even if they do, China can just place those S400 Sam's at the coast, and interception is 100% guaranteed, since missiles from Taiwan, would have to fly across the sea, making them very easy to spot by bandwidth raders.

The funny thing about Taiwan is that.... They are an island, yet their navy is even shit compared to South Africa grin grin

Britain invests alot more on their navy.... Infact 80% of their military budget goes to their navy because you would need them to defend you since you're in a goddamn island which has its pros and cons.

Meanwhile, Taiwan navy is absolute shit and nothing to write home about. The Chinese navy would just sail through unharmed because those little shits called frigates that Taiwan employs would be destroyed even before knowing what hit them grin

olodo, Taiwan has missiles that can annihilate Beijing simply Google Taiwan's Hsiung FengIIE missiles and the supersonic YunFeng.S-400 that can't stop ordinary su-25 of ukraine. will be able stop F-16 hahahaha. puttard ur a joke.

if it's easy to take Taiwan why not order xi as you guys did to puttard. you don't know anything about military and defense. Taiwan is not invading nation . all there weapons is designs of defense. you just an olodo that know nothing about military and war.
Re: Gov. by okeysoninv: 5:40pm On Jul 30, 2022
LordMangekyo:

And who said the war in ukraine wouldnt be won? Your dad? grin grin grin
Putin has this war in the bag.
Let me remind you that, the only reason why Ukraine is still holding out is of those ammunition and hardware reinforcements entering the country via Poland. There wouldn't be any such thing in the case of Taiwan.

Let me remind you also, that all Taiwan military hardwares were even purchased from the USA. Meaning ammunitions and spare parts would be needed to keep them functioning. Meanwhile, how they gonna get supplies with their coast blockaded and their skies covered by Chinese SAM batteries?

lol not only in bag but pocket. he is winning yet losing 40% of army, 1500 tanks , Ukraine on counter-offensive in Kherson and doing pretty well with MLRS and HiMARS. and losing territory taken initially in the war.
Taiwan purchase and makes his weapons. USA and Japan are very passionate about taiwan. the largest USA oversea navy is in Taiwan..
china, is not like olodo Russia . they wouldn't like to sacrifice their economy in alter of stupidity trying to invade Taiwan.
Re: Gov. by LordMangekyo(m): 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2022
okeysoninv:
olodo, Taiwan has missiles that can annihilate Beijing simply Google Taiwan's Hsiung FengIIE missiles and the supersonic YunFeng.S-400 that can't stop ordinary su-25 of ukraine. will be able stop F-16 hahahaha. puttard ur a joke.

if it's easy to take Taiwan why not order xi as you guys did to puttard. you don't know anything about military and defense. Taiwan is not invading nation . all there weapons is designs of defense. you just an olodo that know nothing about military and war.
Your mumu nor too much? grin the links you dropped even classified Taiwan missiles as supersonic....
Meanwhile, China is currently fielding hypersonic ballistic and cruise missiles that would take out sam batteries, if any.... and leave nearby crews asking "WHAT WAS THAT"? grin

China has alot of satellite guided missiles now. Meanwhile, does Taiwan even have satellite on space? Or they're gonna rely on the US, for intelligence? Laughable.

No S-400 Sam was positioned in Ukraine, incase you don't know. They're all in Russia.
What we have in Ukraine are TOR AA's. I have rarely even seen an actual S-300 lol.

Meanwhile, source to backup your claim that a Su-25 operated in an air space already covered by an S-400 or even S-300 to make it easy for your skull?
Note that failure to drop a source would confirm my early statement that you're a clown lol so prove to me that u aren't. wink

It's simple. China isn't going to attack Taiwan, because so far USA promises support to Taiwan. China has still not surpassed USA in terms of military capability. It would be a gamble on if USA is willing to risk defending Taiwan. It's 50/50. Nobody wants a WW2.
Re: Gov. by Emmawhite91(m): 5:47pm On Jul 30, 2022
Sirs i was enjoying ur debate but it weakens me when you guys started throwing insults

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (385) (Reply)

Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? / South African Officers Caught On Camera Having Sex In A Hospital / US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.