Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,310 members, 7,819,056 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Gov. - Foreign Affairs (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gov. (181962 Views)

Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It / Russia-Ukraine Crisis: "Putin Cannot Remain In Power" - President Biden / Marina Ovsyannikova, Russian Anti-War Protester Interrupts News On State TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 7:26pm On Aug 09, 2022
Israel's attack accelerates: Russia and Iran plan to exchange Su-35 for drones

WarNews247

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 8:01pm On Aug 09, 2022
The IDF reveals in Detail , how they Eliminated Taysir Jabari, Palestine Jihad Commander.

The elimination of Taysir Jabari - the bombs penetrated through the seventh floor of a 14-story building"

For many hours, the Air Force worked on finding the best way to eliminate Jabari without harming civilians. Finally, it was decided to launch a relatively small bomb through the seventh floor, so that it would penetrate the sixth floor and explode above Jabari. The Air Force sent seven additional bombs to the scene in accordance with advance planning - a lesson learned from previous attempts at thwarting, from which terrorists managed to escape alive. Within 180 seconds, Abdullah Kadum was also eliminated from the air, and the IDF also attacked Hamas outposts and observation posts.

(hayom)

Re: Gov. by Whobedatte(m): 8:10pm On Aug 09, 2022
Uprightness100:
A senior Ukrainian military official told the New York Times that they were behind the bombing of the Russian air base in Crimea, and claimed that it was a base from which many attacks were launched against Ukrainian forces on the southern front.
HI MARS'O' CLOCK 2022 grin
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 8:15pm On Aug 09, 2022
Gantz, Israeli Defense Minister on the threat of Hezbollah: "We are not looking for wars, but if necessary - we will go"
Re: Gov. by RikudoSennin: 8:43pm On Aug 09, 2022
Kills your so called Messiah, denounces Christianity, doesnt recognize your so called Messiah, does a Pride month in Jerusalem, is Gay but yeah, the Lord will come down from heaven to fight for them in Megiddo? grin Religious people and logic.

The explosions in Crimea were an act of sabotage not missiles. Stop misleading people. If ATACMS are used on any Russian Territory, it will quickly turn into a full blown war with NATO. Even the Ukrainian MOD has come to debunk that it was them. You can check Twitter for it.
Re: Gov. by LordMangekyo(m): 9:06pm On Aug 09, 2022
Uprightness100:
Israel's attack accelerates: Russia and Iran plan to exchange Su-35 for drones

WarNews247
I don't believe this. A SU-35 costs 100x what a drone costs... Except maybe multiple drone for a SU-35 flanker?
If the deal pulls through, it would be yet another blow for other Middle East countries.... The likes of Saudi Arabia.
Iran is easily has the most strongest militarily in the region. Their airforce is weak considering they have been under sanctions and haven't been able to purchase from others since they lack the technology to produce reason they sticked with the missiles they produce domestically and produce em en-masse. Now that Russia is willing to sell for them world class aircrafts, their airforce is going to start seeing some transformation.

Meanwhile, they already have a satellite now in the orbit. And no doubt that and this news if true shows that their already competent militarily has already started a transforming for the best. If they're able to build nukes too, which they will, honestly Iran would become a force to reckon with not just in the MD but the world.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. by RikudoSennin: 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2022
LordMangekyo:

I don't believe this. A SU-35 costs 100x what a drone costs... Except maybe multiple drone for a SU-35 flanker?
If the deal pulls through, it would be yet another blow for other Middle East countries.... The likes of Saudi Arabia.
Iran is easily has the most strongest militarily in the region. Their airforce is weak considering they have been under sanctions and haven't been able to purchase from others since they lack the technology to produce reason they sticked with the missiles they produce domestically and produce em en-masse. Now that Russia is willing to sell for them world class aircrafts, their airforce is going to start seeing some transformation.

Meanwhile, they already have a satellite now in the orbit. And no doubt that and this news if true shows that their already competent militarily has already started a transforming for the best. If they're able to build nukes too, which they will, honestly Iran would become a force to reckon with not just in the MD but the world.

Me too. Maybe SU-25 but not 35. Russia gave some SU-25 and Helios to Mali today so who knows.
Re: Gov. by LordMangekyo(m): 9:14pm On Aug 09, 2022
RikudoSennin:

Me too. Maybe SU-25 but not 35. Russia gave some SU-25 and Helios to Mali today so who knows.
Russia gave SU-25s to Mali? Nawa oo.
Why can't our leaders strike a deal for some of those much needed battle tested aircrafts?
Re: Gov. by RikudoSennin: 9:18pm On Aug 09, 2022
LordMangekyo:

Russia gave SU-25s to Mali? Nawa oo.
Why can't our leaders strike a deal for some of those much needed battle tested aircrafts?

Yeah. Beautiful birds. L-39 attack aircraft, as well as several Mi-8 and Mi-24 helicopters were also included. Bukina Faso, CAR are neck in line.

Nigeria leaders is making money from the insecurity, besides they gotta kiss their masters ass in the west.

1 Like

Re: Gov. by LordMangekyo(m): 9:20pm On Aug 09, 2022
RikudoSennin:

Yeah. Beautiful birds. L-39 attack aircraft, as well as several Mi-8 and Mi-24 helicopters were also included. Bukina Faso, CAR are neck in line.

Nigeria leaders is making money from the insecurity, besides they gotta kiss their masters ass in the west.

Abi naw grin grin
Re: Gov. by olugabbie(m): 9:37pm On Aug 09, 2022
RikudoSennin:

Iran don't need SU-25. The fighter can not protect it's sky against the US & Israel. It needs SU-35. Iran showed interest in the SU-35 before the Ukraine war.

I don't think Russia will swap it's SU-35 with Iranian drone. Presently Russia is still riding on it's pride. She is trying to show the world that the war in Ukraine can be fought successfully without any external military assistance. Let see how long they can do this. At a point in the war they stop using their Orlan 10 drone in mass. Probably due to the sanction which made it difficult to get spare parts for thier drones. Recently, it look like, they have found a way around it. Cos they have started using them again in mass.
Re: Gov. by RikudoSennin: 9:46pm On Aug 09, 2022
olugabbie:

Iran don't need SU-25. The fighter can not protect it's sky against the US & Israel. It needs SU-35. Iran showed interest in the SU-35 before the Ukraine war.

I don't think Russia will swap it's SU-35 with Iranian drone. Presently Russia is still riding on it's pride. She is trying to show the world that the war in Ukraine can be fought successfully without any external military assistance. Let see how long they can do this. At a point in the war they stop using their Orlan 10 drone in mass. Probably due to the sanction which made it difficult to get spare part for thier drones. Recently, it is look like, they have found a way around it. Cos they have started using them again in mass.

I believe Iran will outright buy SU-35s and not swap with drones as those birds are very expensive. The media is trying to paint Russia military weak. The LDR and DPR soldiers have their own drones coupled with Russia's Orlan 10. Don't think they need any external support as it has not generate into a full blown war. It is currently a war of Artillery and missile strikes.

Also, there has been 3 shifts in Uralvagonzavod way way before the SMO even started.
Re: Gov. by RikudoSennin: 9:57pm On Aug 09, 2022
Zelensky's office advisor said that Ukraine was not involved in the explosions at the airfield in Crimea

In an interview with the anti-Russian Dozhd channel, M. Podolyak said that Kiev had absolutely nothing to do with the explosions at the airfield in Novofedorivka.
When the UkroSMi uses all their power to stir up a renaissance, and then it all comes crashing down with one statement, what is that called?
Re: Gov. by olugabbie(m): 10:00pm On Aug 09, 2022
I think to better protect Iranian air space. They need SU-35, MIG-35 & S-400 defense system. The pair of SU-35 & MIG-35 can effectively protect Iranian sky. The SU-35 is equipped with top notch avionics. Although it not equipped with AESA radar (it uses PESA radar-the special PESA radar can detect target up to 350km). MIG-35 on other hand is equipped with AESA radar which can track more targets than the SU-35. But it detection range is less than 350km

So imagine these two aircrafts in a mission to protect Iranian sky under the protection of the S-400 defense system.

1 Like

Re: Gov. by Alamkir: 12:27am On Aug 10, 2022
Saudi Ambassador dies during speech in Cairo.

Muhammad Al-Qahtani, the famous Saudi diplomat died while giving his speech at the Arab-African Conference.

His last words were praising Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, describing him as "the dean of humanity and a man of peace."
Re: Gov. by Alamkir: 12:29am On Aug 10, 2022
Trump ally Rep. Scott Perry says the FBI seized his cellphone one day after Mar-a-Lago raid

Perry, in an exclusive statement, told Fox News on Tuesday that while traveling with his family earlier in the day, he was approached by three FBI agents who handed him a warrant and requested that he turn over his cellphone.

"This morning, while traveling with my family, 3 FBI agents visited me and seized my cell phone. They made no attempt to contact my lawyer, who would have made arrangements for them to have my phone if that was their wish. I’m outraged — though not surprised — that the FBI under the direction of Merrick Garland’s DOJ, would seize the phone of a sitting Member of Congress," Perry said in his statement. "My phone contains info about my legislative and political activities, and personal/private discussions with my wife, family, constituents, and friends. None of this is the government’s business."
Re: Gov. by Alamkir: 12:32am On Aug 10, 2022
- Gunfight between Palestinian militants and Israeli Security Forces in East Jerusalem.

Re: Gov. by Alamkir: 12:38am On Aug 10, 2022
Twitter employee accused of spying for Saudi Arabia
Re: Gov. by Alamkir: 12:48am On Aug 10, 2022
The Ugandan army is demanding DNA samples from citizens of the country in order to create a digital identity system
Re: Gov. by Alamkir: 12:50am On Aug 10, 2022
The United States is calling on Russia to return full control over the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant to Ukraine. This was stated by White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre.

According to her, Washington intends to work with the IAEA on this issue.
Re: Gov. by Alamkir: 12:58am On Aug 10, 2022
Nancy Pelosi said in an interview that the United States supports the policy of one China, and China itself is one of the freest countries in the world.
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 8:14am On Aug 10, 2022
Just a clarification

Muhammad Al-Qahtani, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Al-Salam Holding Company who collapsed and died in Cairo last night wasn’t the official ambassador of Saudi Arabia but rather a businessman who was an ambassador of good will.

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 8:20am On Aug 10, 2022
The Russian embassy in Egypt twitted a very harsh criticism of Israeli prime minister Yair Lapid accusing him for “double standard” by pointing finger at Russia for the massacres in Bucha Ukraine while in fact it was “Neo Nazi Ukrainians” who did it, yet it is Israel who is killing Palestinians in Gaza.

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 8:23am On Aug 10, 2022
Iran confirms first signals from their satellite which is on orbit 500km above earth. The satellite was launched successfully yesterday from Kazakhstan on board a Russian missile, a sign of growing cooperation between the two countries.
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 8:25am On Aug 10, 2022
Palestinian Islamic Jihad Says No Ceasefire If Members Not Freed

Asharq AL-awsat
Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 8:39am On Aug 10, 2022
Palestinian Islamic Jihad calls for ‘military uprising’ to avenge Nablus terrorist’s death

(JNS)

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 8:57am On Aug 10, 2022
The United States suspects that Russian officials have begun training on drones in Iran in recent weeks, the latest sign that Russia intends to acquire the systems as the war in Ukraine continues.

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 8:59am On Aug 10, 2022
Man armed with a knife shot dead by Police at Paris Charles de Gaulle airport.

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 9:20am On Aug 10, 2022
USA:
A light plane crashed in the middle of a highway in California, and burst into flames.

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 10:15am On Aug 10, 2022
The US State Department, in an official announcement,

"The US is aware of Russia's action in launching a satellite with significant spying capabilities from Iran."

"The deepening of Russia's alliance with Iran is something the whole world should see and treat as a deep threat."

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (385) (Reply)

Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? / South African Officers Caught On Camera Having Sex In A Hospital / US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.