Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) (6255 Views)

Itec Or Ipower Generator Itec Electric Start, 3.5kva Power Gen Set GH Series / Itec 18 Inch Rechargeable Fan / New Itec 50" Smart TV For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by eazydon(m): 9:02pm On Mar 02, 2022
On 14th of February, I went to Konga Warehouse in Owerri and purchased an electric start ITEC GH3500 at the rate of N140000.

I tried to insist for the generator to be tested but I was assured it was fully functional with no issues. I took the generator home, and it was running normal. After a few days of use the generator stopped working, with no warnings or signs. I was shocked and took it back to the warehouse.

They brought a technician who worked on it and got it working again but the technician gave me a caveat that the generator was defective and I had to change a major engine component. I was taken aback more, then pressing further, the Konga staff asked me to take it home and observe it, few days later it happened again, but because it was on a weekend, I had to wait till Monday 28th of February to take it back to Konga warehouse.

The staff there brought another technician and he still did the superficial fixing and they asked me to go. I decided to give them a benefit of the doubt one last time. But alas, today is 2nd and it has stopped working again. I'm enraged, frustrated at the level of stress and disappointment I have been subjected to just two weeks after buying this generator from Konga, especially during this period of power failure and fuel scarcity, with the attendant blistering heat, then I get an additional neglect and frustration from Konga selling defective generators?

This is the height of irresponsibility and it's made worse when the Konga staff has refused to even do something serious and change this defective product for me even thought I have a valid 1 year warranty and this is just two weeks after purchase. I'm writing this as a notice because I will stop at nothing until this generator is replaced and I will have to tell everybody reading this to beware of iTEC generators, they're fake, substandard and has no respect for consumers. I will talk to my lawyer to know if there's anything I can do legally for the discomfort iTEC, Zinox and Konga has caused me.

I have reached out to the Consumer Protection Council and providing them with information on this because I won't take this lying down.

EDIT:
This issue has been settled. They approved for me to return the generator and pick another one. But I decided to return it, add money and then take Thermocool Tec Hustler4000ES generator. Difference of N30,000.

I'm okay now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by Dawn91(m): 9:10pm On Mar 02, 2022
Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by warrenweste(m): 9:15pm On Mar 02, 2022
Sorry about that been using the ITEC 2.8 KVA manual variant and it has been flawless for over 8 months now, you got a defective one have you tried mailing them at help@konga.com they Answer and sort things faster there

3 Likes

Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by eazydon(m): 9:52pm On Mar 02, 2022
warrenweste:
Sorry about that been using the ITEC 2.8 KVA manual variant and it has been flawless for over 8 months now, you got a defective one have you tried mailing them at help@konga.com they Answer and sort things faster there

Thanks for your response but I've sent them an email and yet to get any reply. I'll try again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by DoggoneDogg: 11:23pm On Mar 02, 2022
Lol
All these funny generator names

Itec, Maxmech, Kemage, Maxi, Senwei, Elepaq, Yaofeng, etc. All na fake.

China sef
Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by eazydon(m): 11:26pm On Mar 02, 2022
If I knew I'd have stuck with Sumec Firman. The last one I used served for more than 5 years and is still functional.

ITEC came into the market making a lot of noise and so much hype, but it turns out to be...well, just noise.

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by eazydon(m): 11:29pm On Mar 02, 2022
I'm trying to get their attention but there's been no response so far. Pleas house, educate me: is a customer not entitled to a refund or replacement when they get a defective product from seller in Nigeria?
Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by oloko1859(m): 12:02am On Mar 03, 2022
eazydon:

Thanks for your response but I've sent them an email and yet to get any reply. I'll try again

In your mail to them, copy CPC & attach all evidence(s) you have in the mail. Don't forget to drop your phone number
Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by eazydon(m): 8:52am On Mar 03, 2022
I just got a reply from Konga on Twitter this morning. Let's see how it goes. My demand remains, refund or exchange as I'm still unable to use the generator just 2 weeks after purchase.

Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by eazydon(m): 1:30pm On Mar 04, 2022
They have asked me to give them 24-48 working hours to get back to me
Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by saint2ace(m): 9:44pm On May 10, 2022
eazydon:
They have asked me to give them 24-48 working hours to get back to me

How did this pan out? Did you get a swap or a refund?
Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by haniejay(m): 8:32am On May 11, 2022
warrenweste:
Yes he got a bad generator that’s all
Don’t come here and bad mouth a brand you know nothing about the history because you had one bad experience with a bad item

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by haniejay(m): 8:34am On May 11, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
Lol
All these funny generator names

Itec, Maxmech, Kemage, Maxi, Senwei, Elepaq, Yaofeng, etc. All na fake.

China sef
Itec , kemage, maxi and max Mech are good brand for generators bro
Senwei , elepaq and etc are fakes
Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by Optimisticjayy(m): 6:34am On Aug 02, 2022
I bought my own Itec generator on the same Feb 14th and so far so good, it has been a wonderful experience… even my engineer confirmed the generator is a very strong brand and the parts are original

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by SirAce: 4:29pm On Oct 02, 2022
Optimisticjayy:
I bought my own Itec generator on the same Feb 14th and so far so good, it has been a wonderful experience… even my engineer confirmed the generator is a very strong brand and the parts are original
How’s your experience so far with the Gen? Does it power a 1.5hp Ac?
Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by Puvo: 8:22am On Oct 11, 2022
does the gen make a lot of noise?
Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by toujurs: 8:44am On Oct 11, 2022
If it's not sumec, forget it. Generators are now expensive ehn chai
Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by toujurs: 8:46am On Oct 11, 2022
eazydon:
If I knew I'd have stuck with Sumec Firman. The last one I used served for more than 5 years and is still functional.

ITEC came into the market making a lot of noise and so much hype, but it turns out to be...well, just noise.
if you had known keh, like it wasn't t you that was looking for a cheaper generator.
Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by Optimisticjayy(m): 6:48pm On Dec 15, 2022
SirAce:

How’s your experience so far with the Gen? Does it power a 1.5hp Ac?

It powers my 1hp ac very fine, I don’t know about 1.5hp
Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by SirAce: 6:51pm On Dec 15, 2022
Optimisticjayy:

It powers my 1hp ac very fine, I don’t know about 1.5hp
I’m using it on my 1.5hp inverter AC and fridge. It has been great so far
Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by Optimisticjayy(m): 6:58pm On Dec 15, 2022
SirAce:

I’m using it on my 1.5hp inverter AC and fridge. It has been great so far

Yeah… the generator is very strong and there’s no fake yet cos it’s a new product… I used to use mine with ac and fridge together but when I discussed with my engineer, he said I should stop it that it will kill the engine over time

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From ITEC Generators (MUST READ) by cupcup: 11:25pm On Apr 22, 2023
first thing i will say is.. if you want to buy generator.. go to the world of generator.. and buy it thats where you will get original.. an office where by you will meet the staffs and not this new genereation stors.. KONGA for that matter.. they will just pack junk nd keep online.. then deliver untested item...

this particular itec generator.. is better than sumec, elepaq etc... it regulate and balances power.. finally.. do not put stabilizer on your gen it will spoil the gen

(1) (Reply)

Used unlock cloned Iphone 5s For Sale 25k / Reliable And Affordable Internet Data Plan. 1gb =#550, 5GB =#2500 / Dell Latitude D800 Laptop (pentium M) 160gb Hard Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.