Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

ASUU STRIKE: What Do You Think Is The Way Out? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU STRIKE: What Do You Think Is The Way Out? (559 Views)

Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks / ASUU STRIKE: What Have You Achieved So Far? / ASUU Strike: What Is the update in your School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU STRIKE: What Do You Think Is The Way Out? by Hardeysolution(m): 9:18am On Mar 03, 2022
Dear NLs, in the face of these incessant strike actions by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), what do you think is the way out?

What do you think can be the long lasting solution?

Your submissions will be appreciated.
Re: ASUU STRIKE: What Do You Think Is The Way Out? by silverlinen(m): 9:21am On Mar 03, 2022
Continuous strike.
Re: ASUU STRIKE: What Do You Think Is The Way Out? by LordIsaac(m): 9:48am On Mar 03, 2022
Deregulation by the government. Besides, it is not like 80% of the students are intrinsically interested in University education. Take my classmates for example, it is just like 10 of us out of a class of 130 that will cry for getting a C-grade. The rest will even throw parties for such terrible achievement. Meaning, the rest do not really have business being in the University as obtained in saner climes. Therefore, let government hands off almost completely, University education. Instead, they can provide loans, grants and scholarships for truly deserving/interested students. By that, we will start churning out quality scholars who can revolutionize the system as against producing mass unemployable graduates. This is strictly my opinion and no mediocre should dare mention me!
Re: ASUU STRIKE: What Do You Think Is The Way Out? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:22am On Mar 03, 2022
Continuous strike still ASUU demand are totally meant, so there won’t be any strike in the future again.
Re: ASUU STRIKE: What Do You Think Is The Way Out? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:23am On Mar 03, 2022
LordIsaac:
Deregulation by the government. Besides, it is not like 80% of the students are intrinsically interested in University education. Take my classmates for example, it is just like 10 of us out of a class of 130 that will cry for getting a C-grade. The rest will even throw parties for such terrible achievement. Meaning, the rest do not really have business being in the University as obtained in saner climes. Therefore, let government hands off almost completely, University education. Instead, they can provide loans, grants and scholarships for truly deserving/interested students. By that, we will start churning out quality scholars who can revolutionize the system as against producing mass unemployable graduates. This is strictly my opinion and no mediocre should dare mention me!

You made lots of point here. But this assertion isn’t workable in the Nigerian Clime. Atleast the Private universities are covering up this gap.
Re: ASUU STRIKE: What Do You Think Is The Way Out? by LordIsaac(m): 11:58am On Mar 03, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

You made lots of point here. But this assertion isn’t workable in the Nigerian Clime. Atleast the Private universities are covering up this gap.
You are right. But SOME of the young people in our private schools are only there because they can afford it, not necessarily because they love school and want to change the world through it. That's my point. We need to start encouraging selling chargers, earpieces and other goods, rather than emphasizing University education. After all, we hear it all the time on this forum that "first class does not guarantee success". Meaning, the only reason why some people would have worked for first class is for good job, not acquiring knowledge to change the world! Since, University education does not guarantee jobs, as they have mentioned, then, they should spend their 4 years learning how to do business and leave school for those who truly have passion for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU STRIKE: What Do You Think Is The Way Out? by Chequeen(f): 9:21am On Mar 09, 2022
My own token in this thread is that on an individual basis, learn digital skills and start earning.

Why?
1. Life after uni is tough, especially after NYSC... It's a very rude shock

2. There is so much legit money on the internet, part of it is what Tech bros enjoy but the possibilities are endless

3. Digital skills are the future, that's where the world is headed, that's why most of the biggest companies in the world are based on Tech

4. To effect any change in this world, you need to be in a position of influence and affluence... Billions talk!

5. You owe it to yourself, family and loved ones to have the freedom and lifestyle you crave and the honest way to go about it is to learn a digital skill

6. For Nigeria to be better, we need to stop depending on our government, the only thing they're honest about is that there are no jobs anywhere ...
What's the way out then, get money and create jobs

Learn a digital skill, quote this post if you're interested... Let's discuss wink

(1) (Reply)

Teacher’s Recruitment: Anambra Shortlists 6,250 Candidates For Interview / CBN Redesigns Naira To Take Control Of Currency In Circulation� / Anambra Female Student, 16, Emerges Overall Best In UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.