Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

How African Countries Voted On UN Resolution Against Ukraine Invasion - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How African Countries Voted On UN Resolution Against Ukraine Invasion (566 Views)

Gaza: How Countries Voted To Protect Civilians & Humanitarian Truce / How African Leaders Are Carried In Russia Vs In England (Photos) / US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How African Countries Voted On UN Resolution Against Ukraine Invasion by God1000(m): 3:47pm On Mar 03, 2022
I like the fact that African countries are getting increasingly involved in world affairs instead of being bystanders to history, but we should do more within the continent of Africa.

Some people will say it doesn't concern us but it does, we are all feeling the negative impact of sanctions even here in Nigeria.

The western world and media should also give adequate attention and coverage in every crisis both in developing and developed countries

The issue of racism and racial discrimination must be addressed as well, I don't like what some Africans are going through in the hands of authorities in Ukraine

Seun, mukina2

Re: How African Countries Voted On UN Resolution Against Ukraine Invasion by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
You forgot that Koffi Anan of Ghana was the UN secretary when the United States invaded Iraq against the position of the UN not to do so.

My point is an African was infact at the top of affairs but it didn't matter.

1 Like

Re: How African Countries Voted On UN Resolution Against Ukraine Invasion by God1000(m): 4:05pm On Mar 03, 2022
Blablamalala:
You forgot that Koffi Anan of Ghana was the UN secretary when the United States invaded Iraq against the position of the UN not to do so.

My point is an African was infact at the top of affairs but it didn't matter.

UN has always been that way, it's a toothless bulldog

1 Like

Re: How African Countries Voted On UN Resolution Against Ukraine Invasion by Homeboiy: 4:18pm On Mar 03, 2022
I support those that abstained
Re: How African Countries Voted On UN Resolution Against Ukraine Invasion by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:22pm On Mar 03, 2022
Just look at Nigeria .

So Nigeria can’t abstain.

1 Like

Re: How African Countries Voted On UN Resolution Against Ukraine Invasion by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 03, 2022
God1000:
UN has always been that way, it's a toothless bulldog

You got my point
Re: How African Countries Voted On UN Resolution Against Ukraine Invasion by Detuner: 6:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
Nigeria should have abstained. South Africa did the right thing. We shouldn't pick sides in this conflict if we really want to assert ourselves as "giant of Africa". Our foreign policy during the cold War, was that of neutrality, and It served us well, why the change in policy angry

2 Likes

Re: How African Countries Voted On UN Resolution Against Ukraine Invasion by Crayfish09: 6:04pm On Mar 03, 2022
Nigeria has idiots in power. We all sat back and let the most prosperous country in the continent get turned into a warzone in 2012 without so much as a condemnation. Now, we are following the same criminals to condemn a country that is merely protecting itself.

It should also be noted that at the peak of Boko Haram's daily bombings, USA refused to sell weapons to us because of "human rights violations) while happily selling to Israel and Saudi Arabia who were bombing innocent people in Palestine and Yemen respectively.

If you can't oppose this hypocritical and double-faced condemnation, at least abstain.

1 Like

Re: How African Countries Voted On UN Resolution Against Ukraine Invasion by dasparrow: 7:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
I still maintain that Nigeria should have abstained. We ought to stay neutral. Don't get involved in this white on white war. We have our own issues to deal with in Nigeria. Putin may eventually use nuclear weapons as a last resort if he feels his country is threatened. As for those Nigerians who signed up to go fight in their war, you are so dumb. Did you not see videos of our people, Nigerians who went there to study being prevented from leaving Ukraine by Ukrainian police abi na soldiers? I pray Putin's army take you coons who are looking to join their war out of this world so that reasonable Africans can see front.

(1) (Reply)

Putin's Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu Has Had A 'massive Heart Attack' / Israel's IDF Launches 'chariots Of Fire,' Most Extensive War Drill In Decades / US Condemns Israel’s Attack On Shireen Abu Aqleh’s Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.