Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. (700 Views)

Saraki, Dogara, Dare APC; Reject Party’s Choices Of Principal Officers For NASS / Nigerians React To N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance For NASS Members (screenshots) / 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. by HighChief4(m): 5:28pm On Jun 28, 2011
Following the marginalisation of the South-West geo-political zone from the levels of political power in the country, some leaders of the zone are pushing for the appointment of the next chairman of National Assembly Service Commission (NASC) from the zone.

The tenure of incumbent board of the commission was due to lapse in October.

It was learnt that the authorities had already flagged off a search for the likely nominees into the 12 member board and the chairman of the commission.

National Assembly Service Commission is the body empowered to regulate issues of recruitment, promotions and remunerations of National Assembly staff.

The National Assembly Service Commission Act 2000, which replaced the National Assembly Commission Act Cap 236, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 1990, provides that the board shall comprise of 12 members, two from each of the six geopolitical zones in the country.

The South-West currently has one commissioner in the NASC, following the death of the second commissioner, Mr Enoch Ayoyemi Olaniyan, an indigene of Osun State, last year.

It was gathered that those canvassing the appointment of a South-West candidate as chairman of the commission said the incumbent commissioner from the zone, Dr Adekola Oluremi Bolarinwa, was experienced in the running of the commission.

The commissioner, according to them, is a Sociologist and Public Administration expert, with a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree.

“It is not just a question of zoning. There is the issue of competence as well. Elder Bolarinwa has gathered enough experience in the last five years that he has served as a commissioner in the NASC.

“His appointment will be a matter of placing square pegs in square holes. It will, therefore, serve two purposes, correcting the political imbalance and placing the right candidate in position,” a source in the vanguard of the agitation said.

The source added that his appointment would also amount to a befitting compensation for the South-West, which was marginalised in the sharing of National Assembly positions.
Re: Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. by HighChief4(m): 5:46pm On Jun 28, 2011
Maybe GEJ should consider this
Re: Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. by EzeUche1(m): 5:52pm On Jun 28, 2011
I weep for the marginalization of the SW. tongue
Re: Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. by Kasiem2: 7:52pm On Jun 28, 2011
When they had the ample opportunity, they never utilised it in developping their caves. I wonder what it'll be like this time that they've lost out in the structure. Let's whether they'll be able to manage their marginalization the same way igbos managed theirs.
Re: Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. by AndreUweh(m): 8:05pm On Jun 28, 2011
Let us say no to marginalisation. Am not happy if Yorubas, Ndigbo or any group is marginalised.
Re: Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. by HighChief4(m): 9:16pm On Jun 28, 2011
^^^My brother nobody is happy
Re: Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. by yarodin: 10:21pm On Jun 28, 2011
Abegi whats up with all this cry of marginalisation? Whether Hausa, Igbo, or Yoruba, those that are meant to chop will continue to chop.
Re: Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. by seanet02: 5:42am On Jun 29, 2011
EzeUche!:

Weep for yourself, We do not need a position that brings no development to our region. I do not know what you ibos gained when your senate presidents were there
Re: Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. by Kasiem2: 9:09am On Jun 29, 2011
^^
man u can die of frustration and pretence, the fact remains that u guys will suffer the marginalization. Dont ask what reps achieved for us, cos they are ineffable.
Re: Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. by juman(m): 12:27pm On Jun 29, 2011
Marginalization indeed. Nigeria! grin
Re: Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. by Gbawe: 12:55pm On Jun 29, 2011
EzeUche!:

Please save your tears for aother day when you may really need it. Only god knows how long it must be repeated , before folk like you get it, that it is the PDP in the SW shouting "marginalisation" and not the people of the region. The people of the SW only want development and nothing else. This showed in the way they voted. If the SW cared for federal presence or positions then they would not have voted out the PDP as overwhelmingly as they did.
Re: Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. by Kasiem2: 2:14pm On Jun 29, 2011
As far as ACN is contesting in presidential election and loosing it, they still have the same central interest with p.d.p. Not because the party was subjugated to a regional status by more astute pdp, they claim that they want to concentrate in their region. And Yorubas claiming that they dont have interest in the centre whenever they lose out. Pretend all u like, we know that Yorubas are feeling the pain of missing in the centre.
Re: Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. by Gbawe: 3:02pm On Jun 29, 2011
Kasiem2:

As far as ACN is contesting in presidential election and loosing it, they still have the same central interest with p.d.p. Not because the party was subjugated to a regional status by more astute pdp, they claim that they want to concentrate in their region. And Yorubas claiming that they dont have interest in the centre whenever they lose out. Pretend all u like, we know that Yorubas are feeling the pain of missing in the centre.

how can you speak erroneously for the Yoruba people when they have eloquently shown their thinking and position ,to the entire world, with how they voted ? To me , you reveal only base feudalism and bad blood with how you speak. You should tell us the special privilege enjoyed by the people from the region who have never left the 'centre' ? I.e the North. Is it their mass illiteracy , presence of diseases eradicated worldwide, murderous almajiris or general backwardness that the SW "misses"?

It never fails to amaze me that we do not see how , to non-Nigerians, we Nigerians must sound like an insane group of people with how we talk . Does it make sense that "Yorubas are feeling the pain of missing in the centre" when those very same people willingly , through their democratic right, chose to remove themselves from a centre controlled by a Party that has visited only backwardness on Nigerian States for many years? Some of you should just confess that the discomfort and "punishment" of Yoruba people is what you are desperately looking for to the point you no longer see logic.

You are willing to use all kind of wild examples to cite that the SW is "marginalized" . Abeg , carry on dreaming we are marginalized. I will take development any day while being happy to leave the 'big man' federal position to those who have not taken lessons from history and remain with the type of myopic mentality , unhelpfully focused on the centre, that has gotten us where we are today. I am sure last year you would have shouted "federalism" non-stop. Now you are a big fan of our worthlessly expensive and unproductive federal arrangement in so far as it aids the concept , to you, that the Yorubas are "marginalized" . Keep on dreaming.
Re: Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. by ektbear: 3:41pm On Jun 29, 2011
What is the point of a NASS commission chairman, anyways?

If I were these PDP SW folk, I'd suffer for 4 years while complaining loudly about marginalization, and then ask for something really good at that time.

You should have your eye on oil minister or plum positions like that, not this.

Being able to play victim is a powerful tool. Spend this capital on something valuable, imo
Re: Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. by dustydee: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2011
who marginalised the SW? They had the opportunity to produce the VP and yet they did not vote for their man so why are the making it sound as if someone did this to them?
Re: Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. by aloyemeka2: 1:34am On Jun 30, 2011
seanet02:

Weep for yourself, We do not need a position that brings no development to our region. I do not know what you ibos gained when your senate presidents were there

I wonder too. And what the middle belters are gaining from the current senate president. What has the hausa/Fulanis gained from perpetual leadership of the country apart from high incidence of poverty, hunger,  leprosy, polio, meningitis, Boko Haram, VVF, suicide bombing and HIV?  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. by chino11(m): 10:51am On Jun 30, 2011
This marginalization of yorobahs will further send them down the roads of pauparization. I weep for yorobahs since they are largely poor, I wonder what will become of them in the next 4yrs, maybe poorer than somalia and chad even niger republic. Or maybe they will even surpass the almajiris in carrying plates all over the country grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Well I thnk this is a good thing for the yorobahs, since they toiled with positions of presidency, speakership and other juicy offices they held in the past.
Re: Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. by seanet03: 11:02am On Jun 30, 2011
What concerns igbo(indian hemp) with Yoruba issues?
Re: Marginalisation: S/west Pushes For Nass Commission Chairman. by Kasiem2: 2:27pm On Jun 30, 2011
@chino,
they are destined to be poor, that why igbo altruists have been help them. If not for free education provided for them in ibadan by rochas, i wonder what would've become of them?@chino,
they are destined to be poor, that why igbo altruists have been help them. If not for free education provided for them in ibadan by rochas, i wonder what would've become of them?

(1) (Reply)

Take Bribe And Die, Ccb Boss Warns Board Members! / Revolution Imminent In Nigeria- Braithwaite / Nigeria Still Needs A Coup - Orkar's Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.