Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? (839 Views)

Dino Melaye And The Quest For Ethnically Inclusive Leadership In Kogi State / "Peter Obi Is Ethnically Cleansing Labour Party" - Alhaji Bashiru Apapa / Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diverse As Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by LILTJAY1: 9:30pm On Mar 03, 2022
I did my research and I noticed Russia is the only European country with enormous diversity with 180 ethnic groups. Even at that the Russians - the largest ethnic group makeup 83 percent. Why can't we copy Europe? Why are African descendants this way? Why do we take simple things hard? In Germany, the germans makeup 92 percent of Germany's population while the remaining are minorities and immigrants( blacks, turkish e.t.c.)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by foryourmindlol: 10:12pm On Mar 03, 2022
LILTJAY1:
I did my research and I noticed Russia is the only European country with enormous diversity with 180 ethnic groups. Even at that the Russians - the largest ethnic group makeup 83 percent. Why can't we copy Europe? Why are African descendants this way? Why do we take simple things hard? In Germany, the germans makeup 92 percent of Germany's population while the remaining are minorities and immigrants( blacks, turkish e.t.c.)
Don't mind them. They are building tower of babel that it's foundation has already collapsed from first day and they're still building because the contractors are cashing out.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by jmoore(m): 10:19pm On Mar 03, 2022
Copy copy!!

Why not copy their good governance? Should that not be the first thing you should implement?

If Nigeria breakup, it will break into more than 100 countries. Goodluck with that.
Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by boyfrank: 10:31pm On Mar 03, 2022
Russia, maybe.
Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by foryourmindlol: 10:46pm On Mar 03, 2022
boyfrank:
Russia, maybe.
Are you blind?

Russia is made up of 83% of Russian ethnic group.
Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by foryourmindlol: 10:48pm On Mar 03, 2022
jmoore:
Copy copy!!

Why not copy their good governance? Should that not be the first thing you should implement?

If Nigeria breakup, it will break into more than 100 countries. Goodluck with that.
Russia has 180 other ethnic groups inside it although Russia is the main ethnic group with 83% population. What is more important is that all of them share same or similar ideology and there's a major tribe involved.

A country made up of only Southern Nigeria could work. One made up of Igbos and Niger Delta (old Biafra/Eastern Region) can work but what will never work is one where Sharia jihadists from Futa Jalon are forcing themselves to be one country with "infidels" who they hate so much and despised. No one is majority. Everybody hates each other but preaching one Nigeria everyday while looting the nation dry.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by kettykin: 10:54pm On Mar 03, 2022
If southern Nigeria did not work in 1966 why would it work in 2022 , what has changed. It seems this generation did not learn anything from the previous generation , the problem of Nigeria is as diverse as Nigeria its self
Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by boyfrank: 11:29pm On Mar 03, 2022
foryourmindlol:

Are you blind?

Chechens, Dagestans, Yamut etc. Those remaining 17% aren't a monolith.
Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by boyfrank: 11:31pm On Mar 03, 2022
foryourmindlol:

Are you blind?

Nigeria seems to have many ethnic groups bcoz some dialects have broken up to form a new language. U can mostly classify many tribes under a single ethnic group.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by ozo13(m): 11:32pm On Mar 03, 2022
LILTJAY1:
Even from Putin address to i think UN today , they got 300different ethnic group
Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by foryourmindlol: 11:35pm On Mar 03, 2022
boyfrank:

Nigeria seems to have many ethnic groups bcoz some dialects have broken up to form a new language. U can mostly classify many tribes under a single ethnic group.
Is there any ethnic group in Nigeria that is up to 50% of the population?

Cos even as diverse as America is, white caucusians make up 64% of the population.
Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by jmoore(m): 11:42pm On Mar 03, 2022
foryourmindlol:

Russia has 180 other ethnic groups inside it although Russia is the main ethnic group with 83% population. What is more important is that all of them share same or similar ideology and there's a major tribe involved.

A country made up of only Southern Nigeria could work. One made up of Igbos and Niger Delta (old Biafra/Eastern Region) can work but what will never work is one where Sharia jihadists from Futa Jalon are forcing themselves to be one country with "infidels" who they hate so much and despised. No one is majority. Everybody hates each other but preaching one Nigeria everyday while looting the nation dry.

Story!!!

Southern Nigeria can never work. It will breakup further into more republics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by SlayerForever: 11:48pm On Mar 03, 2022
You think Europeans are daft? European nations are hugely homogenous.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by kb83(m): 12:01am On Mar 04, 2022
The British greed lumped us together in a marriage of diversity, which today has caused a lot of problems and slowed down our economic progress.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by foryourmindlol: 12:06am On Mar 04, 2022
kb83:
The British greed lumped us together in a marriage of diversity, which today has caused a lot of problems and slowed down our economic progress.
I'm telling you. The same British held referendum for Scotland yet helped Nigeria to kill 3 million Igbos instead of allowing them to go and form their different country.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by foryourmindlol: 12:07am On Mar 04, 2022
jmoore:

Story!!!

Southern Nigeria can never work. It will breakup further into more republics.

But still 1000% better than the Shitgeria you wake up everyday to beg for it's yoonity on every thread on Nairaland.
Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by BKayy: 12:23am On Mar 04, 2022
Dear OP, don't confuse Russia for what you have in Nigeria.
Ethnic Rus cover 4/5 of the ethnicities in Russia thereby making it to pass as a monolithic ethnic Country.

Few of the Minorities have big autonomy like Chechyna that is even a constitutional Republic inside Russia. Don't get me wrong, the same chechen is part of the Minorities that constitue 1/5 of Russia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by jmoore(m): 12:25am On Mar 04, 2022
foryourmindlol:

But still 1000% better than the Shitgeria you wake up everyday to beg for it's yoonity on every thread on Nigeria.
Continue begging for referendum
Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by foryourmindlol: 12:27am On Mar 04, 2022
jmoore:

Continue begging for referendum
Continue begging for yoonity, Mr. Almajiri Parasite cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by mrvitalis(m): 3:52am On Mar 04, 2022
jmoore:
Copy copy!!

And what's wrong with that ? Is that bad
Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by Efewestern: 5:05am On Mar 04, 2022
foryourmindlol:

If we can't live together now, why do you think we would live together in a "Southern Nigeria" were you only have one major ethnic group?

You forgot that Nigeria was once divided into Three regions, were you have a single major ethnic group and during those times, the minorities found in each of these regions all cried of subjugation and bareface oppression.

Nigeria's best bet is for us all to sit together and draft a working system. Believe me, no minority will agree to a Russian-like setting.
Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by Perfectbeing(m): 5:07am On Mar 04, 2022
jmoore:
Copy copy!!

Nigeria will not break up. You can take that to the bank.
Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by Efewestern: 5:10am On Mar 04, 2022
mrvitalis:

And what's wrong with that ? Is that bad

You are probably from a major group so you would see nothing wrong with such settings. No minority in Nigeria would agree to similar arrangements.

I understand you are fighting for your own interests.
Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by mrvitalis(m): 7:34am On Mar 04, 2022
Efewestern:

You are probably from a major group so you would see nothing wrong with such settings. No minority in Nigeria would agree to similar arrangements.

I understand you are fighting for your own interests.
Smaller ethnic groups can come together with people they most share common interest with and form a unit in their own accord ...it's not rocket science
Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by RenaissanceGuy: 7:59am On Mar 04, 2022
BKayy:
Dear OP, don't confuse Russia for what you have in Nigeria.
Ethnic Rus cover 4/5 of the ethnicities in Russia thereby making it to pass as a monolithic ethnic Country.

Few of the Minorities have big autonomy like Chechyna that is even a constitutional Republic inside Russia. Don't get me wrong, the same chechen is part of the Minorities that constitue 1/5 of Russia.
You ended up saying the same thing with him.
Re: Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? by boyfrank: 8:48am On Mar 04, 2022
foryourmindlol:

Is there any ethnic group in Nigeria that is up to 50% of the population?

Cos even as diverse as America is, white caucusians make up 64% of the population.

I don't see any correlation with what u are quoting. I told u for a fact that Russia is diverse.
99.9% of the ethnic groups living in Nigeria are Africans mainly the bantu stock in the south and the chadiac groups in the North. Russia has Caucasians, Asians, indo Europeans, Mongols, tatars etc. The fact that Russians make up the majority doesn't change the fact that its diverse.

(1) (Reply)

2023: What If Amechi And Wike Become The Flag Bearers Of Their Respective Party? / HISTORY IS MADE IN AHIAZU AND EZINIHITTE, TODAY, 19 APRIL, 2022. / My Observation With All APC Presidential Aspirants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.