Stats: 3,194,179 members, 7,953,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:41 PM

Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" (948 Views)

NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request / Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act / US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) (2) (3) (4)

Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by xxq0911: 5:21am On Mar 04, 2022
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said at a press conference Thursday that if the U.S. and NATO will not establish a "no-fly" zone over Ukraine, they should provide Ukraine with warplanes to defend itself against Russia's aerial assault.

Why it matters: The U.S. and NATO have said enforcing a "no-fly" zone would potentially require their forces to shoot down Russian aircraft, drawing them directly into a conflict with a nuclear power.

The European Union's foreign policy chief stunned observers when he said last week that EU countries formerly part of the Eastern Bloc would deliver Soviet-era fighter jets that Ukrainian pilots were capable of operating.
That promise appears to have fallen apart, however, as Poland, Bulgaria and Slovakia have said they do not plan to expand the scope of their military aid to Ukraine to include aircraft.
What they're saying: "I say every day if you cannot shut the sky now, then give us the timeline when you will do it? If you now cannot provide the timeline, tell us how many people have to die?" Zelensky asked at a lengthy press conference with reporters in Kyiv.

"Tell me how many. I'll go to count and wait for this moment. I hope the sky will be shut down. If you don't have strength and courage to do that, then give me the planes. Wouldn't that be fair?"
The big picture: Zelensky, who has become a global icon of Ukraine's resistance, acknowledged the fear that comes from Vladimir Putin's threats to his life, his family and his country.

"I feel pain as anybody else," Zelensky said. "It would not be normal not to."
"I don’t want Ukraine’s history to be a legend about 300 Spartans," he added. "I want peace."

https://www.axios.com/zelensky-ukraine-no-fly-zone-planes-7eb2e6f8-d488-4444-bc70-889141b34dcf.html

Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by Lawlab251: 5:27am On Mar 04, 2022
Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by tony0806: 5:29am On Mar 04, 2022
It's well
Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 5:36am On Mar 04, 2022
This man get mind.

Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by Freestainworld(m): 6:02am On Mar 04, 2022
Make una make peace
Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by Mayng01(m): 6:15am On Mar 04, 2022
Zelensky is a man of honor, a honorable man. Brave with integrity. I like him.

Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by Kyase(m): 6:25am On Mar 04, 2022
This man talks too much abeg embarassed

even Putin no dey talk like this

Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by crossfire(m): 7:18am On Mar 04, 2022
Kyase:
This man talks too much abeg embarassed

even Putin no dey talk like this
shut up ur smelling mouth ,will u keep quiet monkey

Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by Wannabenz: 7:20am On Mar 04, 2022
This Man na clown.

Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by padi94(m): 7:36am On Mar 04, 2022
Putin dey catch cruise with Ukraine

Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by seunny4lif(m): 7:38am On Mar 04, 2022
Why does he need jets, if Ukraine are winning already according to MSM and Twitter

Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by SeunWedsLinda(m): 8:06am On Mar 04, 2022
This zelensky na fool I swear. NATO and EU don't give a fцck about you. They only 'stand' with you while your people and economic centres are being decimated.
The Minsk II agreement wherein Russia and Ukraine agreed to Ukraine being neutral nation on the ground that they would not romanticize with the west was on the Verge of being broken by this comedian. He didn't heed to warnings. He's sacrificing his people to join NATO and EU on the ground of sympathy since the official protocol failed to yield any result.
If he refuses to uphold the neutralty status, he will lose more civilians and and set his country back by decades. That's why actors and comedians shouldn't be allowed in the corridors of power. Better return to your stand up comedy

Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by Svlla: 8:16am On Mar 04, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin

This guy is cracking me up

He should go back to comedy
He's good

Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by Help2020: 8:21am On Mar 04, 2022
xxq0911:
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said at a press conference Thursday that if the U.S. and NATO will not establish a "no-fly" zone over Ukraine, they should provide Ukraine with warplanes to defend itself against Russia's aerial assault.

Why it matters: The U.S. and NATO have said enforcing a "no-fly" zone would potentially require their forces to shoot down Russian aircraft, drawing them directly into a conflict with a nuclear power.

The European Union's foreign policy chief stunned observers when he said last week that EU countries formerly part of the Eastern Bloc would deliver Soviet-era fighter jets that Ukrainian pilots were capable of operating.
That promise appears to have fallen apart, however, as Poland, Bulgaria and Slovakia have said they do not plan to expand the scope of their military aid to Ukraine to include aircraft.
What they're saying: "I say every day if you cannot shut the sky now, then give us the timeline when you will do it? If you now cannot provide the timeline, tell us how many people have to die?" Zelensky asked at a lengthy press conference with reporters in Kyiv.

"Tell me how many. I'll go to count and wait for this moment. I hope the sky will be shut down. If you don't have strength and courage to do that, then give me the planes. Wouldn't that be fair?"
The big picture: Zelensky, who has become a global icon of Ukraine's resistance, acknowledged the fear that comes from Vladimir Putin's threats to his life, his family and his country.

"I feel pain as anybody else," Zelensky said. "It would not be normal not to."
"I don’t want Ukraine’s history to be a legend about 300 Spartans," he added. "I want peace."

https://www.axios.com/zelensky-ukraine-no-fly-zone-planes-7eb2e6f8-d488-4444-bc70-889141b34dcf.html
This idiot want to drag the whole world into this. Shey you want the world to end because of Ukraine? It's obvious to you now that the west are not ready to save you,and you also know that no matter what you can never defeat Russia, the more you delay the more your country got destroyed and more people dies,why not just agree to Russia's demand now to save Ukraine, lives and property. If yo don't do this Russia will definitely have their way,at a very high cost in your expense. Use ur head.

Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by seunny4lif(m): 8:23am On Mar 04, 2022
The world turned it's back on the middle east when NATO keeps fucking with it.
The world turns it's back to Western Neocolonialism in Africa.
The world turns it's back to the Rwandan genocide that Belgium instigated.
War is Europeans things because they have fought more war between theirselves within the last 200 years.
They even have celebration about not fighting WW10 because they are always at war
Should I go on?

Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by SeunWedsLinda(m): 8:31am On Mar 04, 2022
Help2020:

This idiot want to drag the whole world into this. Shey you want the world to end because of Ukraine? It's obvious to you now that the west are not ready to save you,and you also know that no matter what you can never defeat Russia, the more you delay the more your country got destroyed and more people dies,why not just agree to Russia's demand now to save Ukraine, lives and property. If yo don't do this Russia will definitely have their way,at a very high cost in your expense. Use ur head.
you dey mind am? Western media dey hail the idiot as "hero" and he dey form James Bond grin.

Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by seunny4lif(m): 8:33am On Mar 04, 2022
SeunWedsLinda:
you dey mind am? Western media dey hail the idiot as "hero" and he dey form James Bond grin.
He is winning on media just like those Rebels in Syria won on Twitter, MSN and Obama even said Assad will fall with few days but we all knew what happened next grin

Well Russia troops are moving forward.

Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by Cizarr(m): 9:12am On Mar 04, 2022
Most of the people condemning this man should rethink, if your president can be so braved like this man.... insecurities in this country would hv bn thing of past.
Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by Jackanda1(m): 9:29am On Mar 04, 2022
I just love this man. Always standing up to emotional baby Putin no matter what.
If he dies, he died a hero smiley
Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by Parachoko: 10:41am On Mar 04, 2022
Jackanda1:
I just love this man. Always standing up to emotional baby Putin no matter what.
If he dies, he died a hero smiley
Yes he is brave, but hee is now fighting a lost war, he needs to surrender and accept Russia terms and conditions for peace.

More than half a million Ukrainian have become refugees in Poland.

Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by AchalugoNwa(f): 10:53am On Mar 04, 2022
Cizarr:
Most of the people condemning this man should rethink, if your president can be so braved like this man.... insecurities in this country would hv bn thing of past.
if terrorist Buhari is half brave of this man
boko haram would have been history.

I miss Idris of Chad
Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by Jackanda1(m): 10:58am On Mar 04, 2022
Parachoko:
Yes he is brave, but hee is now fighting a lost war, he needs to surrender and accept Russia terms and conditions for peace.

More than half a million Ukrainian have become refugees in Poland.
This is like saying Nigeria should accept the terms and conditions of Boko Haram invaders for peace. Why not ask baby Putin to back down?
Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by Parachoko: 11:04am On Mar 04, 2022
Jackanda1:
This is like saying Nigeria should accept the terms and conditions of Boko Haram invaders for peace. Why not ask baby Putin to back down?
The example you gave is not reasonable.

Boko Haram is not a state actor, a terrorist group.

The fight against Boko Haram is a COIN, what is happening in the Eastern part of Europe is a full blown war.

The Russians will eventually cut of the military supply from Poland, remove zelenesky and install a puppet in Kiev.

NATO will never go to war for Ukraine

And Ukraine will lose in this war too

Their cities will be destroyed, Ukrainians will die and at the end, still lose the war.

He can just give up now and this madness will end. Putin has the momentum and he has said he won't back down.

Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by Jackanda1(m): 11:47am On Mar 04, 2022
Parachoko:
The example you gave is not reasonable.

Boko Haram is not a state actor, a terrorist group.

The fight against Boko Haram is a COIN, what is happening in the Eastern part of Europe is a full blown war.

The Russians will eventually cut of the military supply from Poland, remove zelenesky and install a puppet in Kiev.

NATO will never go to war for Ukraine

And Ukraine will lose in this war too

Their cities will be destroyed, Ukrainians will die and at the end, still lose the war.

He can just give up now and this madness will end. Putin has the momentum and he has said he won't back down.
lols. You can be a state actor and still terrorize people.
You should lay emphasis more on Putin backing down than zelensky surrending.
Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by Parachoko: 11:53am On Mar 04, 2022
Jackanda1:
lols. You can be a state actor and still terrorize people.
You should lay emphasis more on Putin backing down than zelensky surrending.
Putin said he won't back down, you won't him to back down and Ukraine eventually join NATO?

Why did USA not agree to USSR stationing their missile in Cuba? The USA was even ready to go to war for the missiles not to be station in Cuba.

Do you even know why the USSR chose to station their missiles in Cuba?

Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by talk2hb1(m): 12:33pm On Mar 04, 2022
Wasting his citizens life for self ego, this is not martyrdom, this is absolute foolishness
Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by Siwisheswereesh: 12:48pm On Mar 04, 2022
I love this man.

Pro-Putin looooonatics are worse than Putin himself... angry
Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by Adjovi: 12:55pm On Mar 04, 2022
Those of you hailing this man are daft. Who will fly to plane? Is it not his citizens? A good leader knows when to fight and when not to. In this particular situation the best decision would have been dialogue. Honour the minsk agreement, save your country and save your people.

Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by Jackanda1(m): 2:35pm On Mar 04, 2022
Parachoko:
Putin said he won't back down, you won't him to back down and Ukraine eventually join NATO?

Why did USA not agree to USSR stationing their missile in Cuba? The USA was even ready to go to war for the missiles not to be station in Cuba.

Do you even know why the USSR chose to station their missiles in Cuba?
Ukraine is not in NATO, wasn't even qualified to join and the US doesn't have missles in ukraine. So whats with Putin's madness? And whats your point?
Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by Parachoko: 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2022
Jackanda1:
Ukraine is not in NATO, wasn't even qualified to join and the US doesn't have missles in ukraine. So whats with Putin's madness? And whats your point?
How's Ukraine not qualify to join NATO?

Even as at last year, NATO still said Ukraine can join NATO, though there is a process, once they go through the process successfully, then they will join NATO, when they Join NATO, there will be US missiles in Ukraine.

You saw what I wrote, read and understand and still asking what my point is.
Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by Hanibbal(m): 2:49pm On Mar 04, 2022
Does this guy know the meaning of a no-fly zone? Is he indirectly saying NATO should start attacking Russia's planes over Ukraine? He is taking this comedy show too far. Or is he a clown?
Re: Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" by Kelvin3476: 3:02pm On Mar 04, 2022
seunny4lif:
Why does he need jets, if Ukraine are winning already according to MSM and Twitter

He need planes before the only place left for Russia is up there....
Overhyped Russia

NATO Is Avoiding War With Russia For Your Sake / US, Germany And France To Send Armored Vehicles To Ukraine / Zimbabwe's Mugabe Sworn In After Discredited Vote