Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

What Can I Do To Make Money? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Can I Do To Make Money? (17391 Views)

Poll: question 1

is money making easy: 58% (20 votes)
any online business: 41% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do To Make Money? by bosa1(m): 6:10pm On Jun 28, 2011
As a student still in senior secondary school, what can I do to make money in life, to pay 4 my school fees and live a better life. Please legal work.
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by Acidosis(m): 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2011
Have you discovered the gift God gave to you?
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by bosa1(m): 7:50am On Jun 29, 2011
yea the gift of God? I av tried but I am talking of a student who normally takes only one meal per day. life is so hard at home. Pls she wants to combine work with her academic. she needs help.
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by Acidosis(m): 11:34am On Jun 29, 2011
shes too young to combine trade with academics. .no way she'll be able to stand on her own doing business, so I'll suggest she look for opportunity as a sales girl to start with, Not house help and she shouldn't go out hawking. A sales personnel doing the recharge card and phone call thing after school is sure to make it. She can also look for opportunity in a small boutique, a provision shop etc.,
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by propaco: 3:51pm On Jun 29, 2011
thanks acidosis, you have spoken well.
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by Nobody: 4:05am On Jul 26, 2011
bosa1:

As a student still in senior secondary school, what can I do to make money in life, to pay 4 my school fees and live a better life. Please legal work.

Set up a blog on blogger and furnish me with the details here on this thread, so I can set-up a system that will generate a consistent income of nothing less than N20,000 monthly part-time after 2 months.
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by nkem123(m): 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2011
try internet marketing
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by maclatunji: 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2011
If the kid has internet access and is a good writer. He/She should become a blogger. It will take some time to make real money, but the knowledge and exposure he/she will get is invaluable.
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2011
I used to have these terrible friends when I was in school who would go to this private clinic and sell their blood for about 2k but they were disappointed the day they tried to initiate me when the doctor tested my blood and discovered that I was AB+.He told them that my blood is bad for business and  it will clot immediately it's taken.That was how i was saved from those terrible friends even though i was never lacking anything but peer pressure almost misled me.So poster should rather face his academics and forget about working.Ask you parent for your needs and don't try to follow those ''big boys'' who may be working and claim to belong than you.
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2011
How good is her writing skills? Is she willing to learn fast? Does she have the tools (PC, internet access, etc). It'll be difficult for her to have all these - and the time and peace of mind required to put them to use - considering her rather poor circumstances; if not, one would have been willing to offer something. Quite sad. Maybe I would think up a way out later.
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by kevoh(m): 5:01pm On Jul 26, 2011
Poster said someone who feeds on one meal a day and some people are mentioning blog,internet marketing e.t.c where is the person going to get the resources for thsese things. Una funny o!
S/he should learn how to make/plait/braid hair.It's a very useful skill that one can take along till old age.
S/he can start on a small scale plaiting for the little children in the neighbourhood. By the time she gets to the University s/he would have acquired enough experience to be making for friends and people who can pay her well.
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by owner(m): 5:02pm On Jul 26, 2011
Do you know How to Configure Phone for Free Browsing, Install Application on any Type of Phone and PC? + Do some Other Stuff for Mobile and PC users, You will surely Make Good Money without Stress, Learn Any of the Above Stuff and Get the Necessary tools @ http:// now!
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by saintneo(m): 5:03pm On Jul 26, 2011
Do you leave in a big city, Lagos, Enugu, PH, Ibadan, Abuja, etc. I'd suggest you visit the media stations(Radio and TV). There could be jobs as a sales personnel, receptionist and other studio jobs. Also, it will be good if you are good in some computer software such as coreldraw and adobepremier or adobephotoshop; this could assist you in getting good jobs.

Manual work, can you do laundry? You can start some laundry business. Lots of Bankers are 'lazy' busy people, for almost all day, they engaged in their work, no time for house chores etc. If you can setup a good laundry business by visiting banking branches, ask if you could be of help in their daily activities by providing laundry services to them. You don't need a shop, it can be done from your own home; all you have to do is to be very careful with people's belongings and ensure you provide a good service.
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 26, 2011
kevoh:

Poster said someone who feeds on one meal a day and some people are mentioning blog,internet marketing e.t.c where is the person going to get the resources for thsese things. Una funny o!
S/he should learn how to make/plait/braid hair.It's a very useful skill that one can take along till old age.
S/he can start on a small scale plaiting for the little children in the neighbourhood. By the time she gets to the University s/he would have acquired enough experience to be making for friends and people who can pay her well.

I was thinking along the same lines. Her owning a PC with regular internet access seems very unlikely in her circumstances. I guess a 'handwork' or petty skill would be best for her now. Otherwise, one might just volunteer some form of charitable endowment to see her through school. But then. . .there are so many of her kind out there in the country suffering: where does one even start? God have mercy; it's a mess out there.
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by toluxa1(m): 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2011
@ProO1. I need to send u a msg. Can u mail me your email on honoura1@yahoo.com ?
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by tunnytox(m): 6:29pm On Jul 26, 2011
kevoh:

best response so far, persin wey no get moni to chop na im go get moni to browse internet? undecided undecided Sometimes i wonder if some posters ever lived in Nigeria. internet blogging ko internet chopping ni grin grin grin grin
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by Serendipity: 7:18pm On Jul 26, 2011
Since the locality is not know, it might be difficult to proffer effective solutions.
Nevertheless, combining education and work especially at this critical stage can be exacting and detrimental to one's studies, coulped with the fact of being a girl.
If the victim were in a city like Onitsha, trading in fruits would have been an option, since the services would be needed after she must have returned from school say five to six in the evening.
It might also be in the victim's interest to make frugality (ie getting things that are needed instead of wanted) her watchword despite the pressure, for all fingers are not equal.
Whatever is decided ultimately should be prudent enough.
I ask that the good Lord bless and keep her as she seeks contentment. Amen!
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by Guarantor(m): 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2011
@Lotterysun, pls i need ur help & assistance on AMAZON & the likes. ur contacts sir? a_4labi@yahoo.com +2348098631433
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 26, 2011
she can try network markering
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2011
tell your friend to start selling recharge cards.and to sell vouchers of #100, #200, #400 and #50 (no voucher should be more expensive than these).she can sell in class, hostel, on the go, virtually anywhere
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by jerryben12: 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2011
Look for rich neighbors that needs help with house cleaning, cooking etc and tell them that you can do it for exchange of cash. Support your application with the story of your situation and your determination to survive. I will hire someone that comes to me in your situation.
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by Contumely: 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2011
bobot:

she can try network markering
Which one is online marketing. How is it done?
Elaborate please
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by Contumely: 8:51pm On Jul 26, 2011
blogexpert:

Set up a blog on blogger and furnish me with the details here on this thread, so I can set-up a system that will generate a consistent income of nothing less than N20,000 monthly part-time after 2 months.
Please tell me more about this because I am interested.
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by Rastamann: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2011
Join one of the political parties and lead their "aggressive" youth team. Imagine you are still in secondary school and you are thinking of how to make money, tell me why corruption will not persist in this country. Finish your school and enroll for a graduate programme. Get the education first and wait for the opportunity!
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by Succy4luv: 9:45pm On Jul 26, 2011
Hi! I heard someone talking internet marketing. How is it done cos i'm a computer literate (some aspect of software) and i'm also a jambite, i'm preparing for my post ume. I was working in a business centre, but because i need a sometime for myself so i can prepare for my exam, i had to stop work. But i stil need a means to be getting some money. If i should see a chamber whr i can work as a secretary too, i wont hesitate to go there cos i'l ve some time to study my books. I need assistance pls.
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by hajifaty: 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2011
First thing is to be prayerful. Secondly she should do something vocational. I mean like learning some special skills,carpenter,hair dressers. These skills will help her alot even though after finishing her educations. Anyway nigeria educational system na time waster. By the time she will be sitting at home waiting for waec or Jamb results and all those time waster exams she could be financially independent before getting admission into one of our useless universities. and if she is lucky enogh she could raise some money and start going to dubai and china.
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 26, 2011
Succy4luv:

Hi! I heard someone talking internet marketing. How is it done cos i'm a computer literate (some aspect of software) and i'm also a jambite, i'm preparing for my post ume. I was working in a business centre, but because i need a sometime for myself so i can prepare for my exam, i had to stop work. But i stil need a means to be getting some money. If i should see a chamber whr i can work as a secretary too, i wont hesitate to go there cos i'l ve some time to study my books. I need assistance pls.

Maybe I can be of help; that is if you're willing to put your mental resource to task.
Re: What Can I Do To Make Money? by dacouse(m): 11:02pm On Jul 26, 2011
Open a nite club, fool, Don't go and read and try to make your papers, see worse future generation,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Make N6,500 Everyday With This App [Proof Inside] / Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria / What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.