Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. (17503 Views)

House Of Assembly Member Kicked Out Of The House Floor For Indecent Dressing / Women Arrested With Assault Weapons In Maiduguri / Boko-Haram Members Dressed As Women Arrested In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by romeo(m): 4:12pm On Aug 06, 2007
Afam:

Abi ooo, at least you have more than enough congrats. Anything else?

Maybe some of you (based on where you live or work or relax) have not seen near naked women on the streets of Lagos, I have seen them and the sights are not decent ones.

Well, just as people celebrate 419 celebrating reckless showing of the breasts by some here is not surprising anyway.

stop looking at them! just turn away your eyes next time you come across a naked woman, is it that difficult?

try somewhere else outside Nigeria and you'll see women dressed in transparent clothes with G-string to compliment and you ain't going to do shit
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by McKren(m): 4:18pm On Aug 06, 2007
But the fact remains that living in Big cities is a matter of choice, if anybody has problems with how girls dress in Abuja, Lagos or Ph.

The person can quietly relocate to Lantang, Ijebu Ode, Kafanchan, Shagari, Udi or Etche
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by PTH(m): 4:51pm On Aug 06, 2007
I hope many realise that the Lagos state police are not answerable to the governor. The pertinent question here is not fashola but the Lagos CP.
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by romeo(m): 7:29pm On Aug 06, 2007
PTH:

I hope many realise that the Lagos state police are not answerable to the governor. The pertinent question here is not fashola but the Lagos CP.

really? and who among the 2 is in charge of Lagos state?
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by debosky(m): 9:36pm On Aug 06, 2007
in charge of what in Lagos state?

Because Fashola is the governor, can he order a Federal Parastatal/Agency to do anything he wants or do they listen to their bosses in Abuja?
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 06, 2007
Now people are talking.
When we mentioned sharia some people gave themselves wedgies grin
so now we know the fashola of a guy is Muslim.

do we see the subtle sharia involved?,soon we'll find out the sultan is his mother's half brothers cousin,twice removed
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 06, 2007
viee:

God!!!!
im so outraged! angry angry angry angry
I can even tell the mothers among them!!!!
what is wrong with us? ? ?
is 'indecent dressing' the decaying social infrsture we 'elelcted' Fashola to address?

if indeed those ladies are Prostitutes, what alternative is there for them in terms of jobs??
this is the worst that can happen in any society!
where are the human right lawyers?
where are the actvists?
it is not enough to fight just the government, sometimes helping in cases like this actually have direct effect on the lives of the citizens
i sincerly hope the eva vocal civil society will take this up aganist the police!!! angry angry angry

and by the way, talking indecent about dressing how come the numerous touts and bus conductors who leave nothing to imagination
are not being arrested
? angry
how come the popular hangs out for our ladies of the night are still so busy ? ? ? ? angry

my only consolation will be for the civil society to react as expected
but that is even a big doubt judging from how 'religious' our Nigerian society is sad sad

i feel real sad, it cld have been anyone of us! sad

not just that,they'll grab their "abunna" with one hand and hold onto it while carrying on a conversation.
what could be more indecent than that.
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Afam(m): 9:58pm On Aug 06, 2007
romeo:

stop looking at them! just turn away your eyes next time you come across a naked woman, is it that difficult?

try somewhere else outside Nigeria and you'll see women dressed in transparent clothes with G-string to compliment and you ain't going to do shit

Do you think at all before writing or do you write first and think later?

So in your wisdom you imagine that a solution to the near unclothedness we see everyday is for people to look elsewhere when they expose a greater part of their bodies to the public?

McKren:

But the fact remains that living in Big cities is a matter of choice, if anybody has problems with how girls dress in Abuja, Lagos or Ph.

The person can quietly relocate to Lantang, Ijebu Ode, Kafanchan, Shagari, Udi or Etche

The problem here is double speak. In the same way those not comfortable with implementation of sharia should simply leave the states and relocate elsewhere, not so?

It seems we are ready to support things based on criteria we do not even believe in, una well done ooo!
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Iman3(m): 10:05pm On Aug 06, 2007
Afam:

So in your wisdom you imagine that a solution to the near unclothedness we see everyday is for people to look elsewhere when they expose a greater part of their bodies to the public?

Near unclothedness?What a load of hocus pocus from a man notably reeking in horse hockey.Which democratic country on the planet do you know of that arrests women for wearing trousers?I suppose the Army should be sent to Koma to arrest all the women exposing their breasts.
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 06, 2007
where in the world is this near unclothedness you speak of afam?
while In Nigeria I walked down allen avenue several times,went to cities in the East and did not see any near naked ladies.
Stop exagerating.
point out one near naked lady on the picture posted!!
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by dupsomefun(m): 10:14pm On Aug 06, 2007
I think the lagos state govt is doing the rignt thing to put sanity to those girls dressing immorally. A girl in my area on sighting the policement on patrol, quickly readjusted her skirts.
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by denex: 10:15pm On Aug 06, 2007
Let's just impeach Fashola!

He printed posters and billboards. Nowhere did he mention that the main project his going to execute in Lagos is the banning of sexiness.

He appeared for various Television debates and interview, I didn't hear him methon that he would leave criminals alone and pursue fashionistas.

Fashola has spent less than 3 months in office, yet he has changed his mandate. Let's change him too.

Let's impeach Fashola!
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by dupsomefun(m): 10:23pm On Aug 06, 2007
I dont think the impeachment of fashola is the only way out
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 06, 2007
dupsomefun:

I think the lagos state govt is doing the rignt thing to put sanity to those girls dressing immorally. A girl in my area on sighting the policement on patrol, quickly readjusted her skirts.

are you serious?
so it doesn't concern you that you have no pipe borne water,nop electricity,no good jobs for the average man.
You are not concerned the least that armed robbers have invaded us killing and maiming innocent citizens
Or that children are dying of diseases and hunger

You are more concerned with cleaning your streets of girls in trousers, nursing mothers with wrappers across their chests and those in mini skirts?
you need a reality check ,brother!
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by dupsomefun(m): 10:39pm On Aug 06, 2007
my brother, you did take this matter too far now?
the problems you mentioned is applicable to almost every state in nigeria. this government has just started and lets give them benefit of doubt and assume they are on probation and after say six months or i year, no result, then we can them start thinking of removing them.
but to be candid, it will take the grace of God to solve those problems with us. in the last two weeks, armed robbers have been coming to my area at akowonjo and even, a man was robbed in from of my house around 9:30pm and was told to lie down in the gutter in front of my house. i quickly switched off my tv set and shut down my laptop even no minding to log off from the internet.
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 06, 2007
dupsomefun:

my brother, you did take this matter too far now?
the problems you mentioned is applicable to almost every state in nigeria. this government has just started and lets give them benefit of doubt and assume they are on probation and after say six months or i year, no result, then we can them start thinking of removing them.
but to be candid, it will take the grace of God to solve those problems with us. in the last two weeks, armed robbers have been coming to my area at akowonjo and even, a man was robbed in from of my house around 9:30pm and was told to lie down in the gutter in front of my house. i quickly switched off my tv set and shut down my laptop even no minding to log off from the internet.

that is what the government ought to spend it's resources on.
keeping you and I safe not using a whole police force to arrest harmless women.
That is an outrage!
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Seun(m): 10:51pm On Aug 06, 2007
Right now there's a flooding problem in Lagos, and the police is busy arresting trouser-wearers.
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by dupsomefun(m): 10:53pm On Aug 06, 2007
you know, govt problem is multi dimensional.
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by dupsomefun(m): 10:56pm On Aug 06, 2007
I think the issue of dressing is the responsibilities of the parents and our religious leaders at the church and mosques
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by femionasan(m): 11:09pm On Aug 06, 2007
Its like most people here do not understand that the governor has limited powers over the police in the state. There is no state police, the police is controlled from the centre and so u cannot completely blame the governor, besides that, i completely agree that priorities are being misplaced here.
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by femionasan(m): 11:30pm On Aug 06, 2007
yeah there is a flooding problem in Lagos, wot is the cause? The governor brought together some captains of industry to raise 2.3billion naira for the police for theri vehicles and other logistics nobody is saying anything about that. In lagos there is a serious clamp down on the use of sirens by people that should not be using them including bullion vans. 2 weeks ago as a matter of fact 8 bullion vans were seized by the police for traffic violations and use of sirens. I can categorically tell u that there is a drastic reduction in the use of sirens in lagos. These points might look irrelevant to you but those are some of the things that happen that need to be curtailed. Armed robbers have used siren blairing vehicles to escape, bullion vans with sirens have actually attracted robbers and policemen were killed in the attack not to talk of innocent people that were hot by stray bullets. The cause of the flooding presently being experienced is from a dam in ogun state so the blame or wotever should not be put at the doorsteps of the governor and to be fair the govt has asked the ogun state govt to look into it urgently.
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by PTH(m): 11:36pm On Aug 06, 2007
thank God no one is arresting trouser wearing chics here, what would we do without them? tongue
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by debosky(m): 11:37pm On Aug 06, 2007
PTH. . .look less and live longer grin grin
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by PTH(m): 11:45pm On Aug 06, 2007
debosky:

PTH. . .look less and live longer grin grin

my dear that one is impossible. You have to excercise your eye muscles. cool
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by romeo(m): 1:54am On Aug 07, 2007
Afam:

you are a bush man that needs to see the world and know how it works today

Tolerance is the key to success and if we continue lacking that in our democracy we will never go beyond were we are today
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by kitaun(m): 2:06am On Aug 07, 2007
@Seun

please answer these questions once and for all;

IS FASHOLA THE COMMISIONER OF POLICE FOR LAGOS STATE? undecided

IS FASHOLA NOT DOING ITS UTMOST TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF FLOODING? undecided

OR You HAVE CHOSEN TO CLOSE UR MIND TO THE URGENCY WITH WHICH HE TREATED THE SECURITY SITUATION IN THE STATE IMMEDIATELY HE RESUMED OFFICE? shocked

na wao . . . shocked

@Denex

the fact that u never supported Tinubu or his choice for Governor does not mean u should embark on this ignoble campaign of calumny on the person of Governor Raji Fashola angry

elections and tribunals are over, get over it boy cool

BTW, do u work for Koro or Agbaje  embarassed

GO GET A BETTER JOB  tongue  grin  grin
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Nobody: 3:37am On Aug 07, 2007
[
femionasan:

Its like most people here do not understand that the governor has limited powers over the police in the state. There is no state police, the police is controlled from the centre and so u cannot completely blame the governor, besides that, i completely agree that priorities are being misplaced here.

center of where exactly?.
more like from the center of hell grin
Is that same center controlling the police in Imo,Anambra and Akwa Ibom or they are starting with Lagos and Benue?
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by debosky(m): 3:39am On Aug 07, 2007
Lagos and Benue are test cases, or haven't you heard of guinea pigs? grin grin
Lagos and Benue (Tiv and Idoma) people are very stubborn, so if they can subdue these ones, the rest of the nation should be a snap wink
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by kellorah: 3:42am On Aug 07, 2007
Does this happen to be the most important thing on the governor's manifesto??

Nigerian leaders use your heads and do something reasonable. How does the way nigerians dress affect the roads, water or even electricity

Grow up!! This is the 21st century-what with the heat waves and everything, I'm not surprised female Nigerians aren't walking around in bikinis!! Let us be while you go and do something better with your time.
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Nobody: 3:43am On Aug 07, 2007
debosky:

Lagos and Benue are test cases, or haven't you heard of guinea pigs? grin grin
Lagos and Benue (Tiv and Idoma) people are very stubborn, so if they can subdue these ones, the rest of the nation should be a snap wink

I should have known,silly me.
LOL
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by kellorah: 3:44am On Aug 07, 2007
I can't see this happening in PH though. undecided
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by kitaun(m): 3:45am On Aug 07, 2007
@BABY

dont act coy  wink

State Governors dont have control over the policemen in their states, explains why Tinubu was clamouring for state police so they will directly be under state control, but as for now the Police force is a Federal parastatal, so dont try make femionasan look stupid  cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ihejirika Debunks Reported Arrest by DSS / Three Children, 16 Adults Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Kano / Fuel/Electricty Hike: NANS Mobilises Members To Join TUC, NLC Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.