Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,687 members, 7,865,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:41 AM

Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police (25861 Views)

Chatham House: Presidential Election Not Conducted In Line With INEC’s Guideline / SSS Killed Igboho's Relatives In Line With Buhari Shoot-On-Sight Order - Garba / Nigerian Army Gets New Dress Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by prophetfire: 12:58pm On Mar 05, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
The UAE you mentioned, are women not allowed to use headscarf, wear hijab or go out without hijab. The intolerant hypocrites here are the christians who can't stand the freedom granted a muslim woman to practice her faith. You're saying southern muslims can't be daft enough to talk about hijab, because you would love to see them ignore when you deny them the use of it. If headscarf isn't so much to talk about why can't you people overlook a muslim woman who chooses to use it?
. So the only thing that the useless IGP can learn from the police of UAE is hijab? Especially at this time that hijab is a contentious issue in the country?
He introduced it to divert attention from his failure in office.
Last time I checked, hijab isn't even an Islamic dressing. It's an Arab dressing. And that's why Turkey that is an Islamic country doesn't use hijab.
It's not allowed there. Their reason being that it's an Arab costume and not Islamic costume. Turkey is a European country.
I have no problem with anyone using it. Infact a have a second cousin, a Christian that use it. But bringing hijab to the front bunner as if it's a pressing issue is mischievous.
Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:01pm On Mar 05, 2022
TUTU147:
We don't have them in south east
I did my nysc in Ebonyi state I saw first hand in muslims
You can continue to deny there aren't to yourself
Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:05pm On Mar 05, 2022
prophetfire:
. So the only thing that the useless IGP can learn from the police of UAE is hijab? Especially at this time that hijab is a contentious issue in the country?
He introduced it to divert attention from his failure in office.
Last time I checked, hijab isn't even an Islamic dressing. It's an Arab dressing. And that's why Turkey that is an Islamic country doesn't use hijab.
It's not allowed there. Their reason being that it's an Arab costume and not Islamic costume. Turkey is a European country.
I have no problem with anyone using it. Infact a have a second cousin, a Christian that use it. But bringing hijab to the front bunner as if it's a pressing issue is mischievous.
Why should hijab be a contentious issue in the country when we have population of people who are muslims
Have anyone forced ur sister to use hijab?
We have muslims who don't use hijab and no one is forcing it on them, why can't you allow those who chose to use it be?
You desire freedom for the world but you somehow think that that freedom should be denied Muslim women who chose to wear hijab. And you are complaining that Nigeria is backward.
Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by prophetfire: 1:07pm On Mar 05, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Why should hijab be a contentious issue in the country when we have population of people who are muslims
Have anyone forced ur sister to use hijab?
We have muslims who don't use hijab and no one is forcing it on them, why can't you allow those who chose to use it be?
You desire freedom for the world but you somehow think that that freedom should be denied Muslim women who chose to wear hijab. And you are complaining that Nigeria is backward.
Read and understand my mindset before replying.
Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:11pm On Mar 05, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
okay I agree with you. But rather than unnecessarily criticize the new policy why not raise ur concern about other unaddressed situation

NOETHNICITY:
That the IGP decided to prioritize the dress code of his officers does not sound like hypocrisy to me. Afterall the Force have argued that a woman getting pregnant without being married violates thier code of conduct. I will agree that it's hypocrisy if violators get selective treatment.

The bolded is what you said. You implied I just criticized the policy instead of raising "concern about an unaddressed situation" and I showed you that concerns have been raised since 2020 with the ig doing nothing about it. The idea behind allowing use of hijab my policewomen is obviously to address "concerns" of discrimination against Muslim women in the force. Can you point me to who raised the "concern" before the ig acted?
What moral ground has the ig to address religious issue of hijab which has not been raised while ignoring the civil and human right issue that has been raised since 2020 and is in the public domain? What is that if not hypocrisy and how difficult is that for you to see?
Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:18pm On Mar 05, 2022
prophetfire:
Read and understand my mindset before replying.
Never ever
I don't read people's mind, that's why by God's Grace am a millionaire
Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by alfarouq(m): 3:04pm On Mar 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Can you in all honesty say this is the major challenge facing our police now?
The police law does not allow single women to get pregnant.
Don't you think such law is discriminatory and should be abolished?

Under which culture, religion or moral is it right for single women to get pregnant?

Only immoral people think the law is diecriminatory
Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by wmoruf(m): 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2022
Another Format to take cash out
Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by alfarouq(m): 3:09pm On Mar 05, 2022
prophetfire:
Of what use is hijab to the efficiency of our security personnel. A country where you carry religion on your head but still more corrupt than the devil himself. Was it not this very IGP that was having issues with police service commission because he was fighting to shield criminal Abba Kyari until Kyari further finished himself?

When a man has failed in his office, he would start playing the religious card. That's what he is doing.
So any Muslim crying out against his failure would shut up and any non-muslim speaking against him would be perceived as talking because of his Islamic tendencies.
That's the shameful game he is playing.

So if a person handles some situations badly, we should criticize him even when he makes a right call.
Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by Pymetrics: 4:14pm On Mar 05, 2022
Good one. Atleast it's a step forward.
Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:44pm On Mar 05, 2022
alfarouq:

Under which culture, religion or moral is it right for single women to get pregnant?

Only immoral people think the law is diecriminatory
You can't judge other people by your standard.
Other people can also ask how moral it is to marry underage girls or stone people to death for saying something you don't like?
Such laws are barbaric. I hope you agree
Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by merits(m): 6:08pm On Mar 05, 2022
Dreal1247:
They want to introduce hijad into everything in this country.
Is that your problem?do they stop you from wearing your mini skirt and topless clothes?reason before you talk next time.
Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by zaltman(m): 6:21pm On Mar 05, 2022
prophetfire:
This man would go down in history as the most useless IGP in Nigeria.
He tried deseprately to cover up Abba Kyari. Now this.
How does Hijab improve the performance of our female officers.
If we don't brake away from this northern cavemen, we are not going anywhere in this nation.

Is hijab the only modification newly approved? Why not pick on other items on the approved list? Let's learn to be objective for once
Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by HRMK: 6:25pm On Mar 05, 2022
adebayo3449:

US, UK, Canada
these ones are non europeans!they are just working there!!
Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by Oghighirhighi: 6:27pm On Mar 05, 2022
I am not amused. The Afonjas are secretly in support of every destruction by the mad mullahs from the North. My only happiness is that the elasticity will soon snap
Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by alfarouq(m): 6:27am On Mar 07, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

You can't judge other people by your standard.
Other people can also ask how moral it is to marry underage girls or stone people to death for saying something you don't like?
Such laws are barbaric. I hope you agree

What is your definition of underage girls?

Is it that of the Italy, Japan, China, Niger, Rwanda, Brazil Israel, Sudan, US etc.

Most of the countries listed above have different ages for someone to be considered an Adult.

Who made the rule that one must subscribe to America or UKs age of consent? That is slave mentality.
Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:42am On Mar 07, 2022
alfarouq:

What is your definition of underage girls?

Is it that of the Italy, Japan, China, Niger, Rwanda, Brazil Israel, Sudan, US etc.

Most of the countries listed above have different ages for someone to be considered an Adult.

Who made the rule that one must subscribe to America or UKs age of consent? That is slave mentality.

Ok. But condemning a woman for getting pregnant out of wedlock is not religious slavery abi? I'm sure none among them has 9 years as the age of consent.
You should step out and see how you're defending child marriage now. Another person looking at your comments will consider you a repulsive creature who is a danger to young girls and fit only for jail. Even the Constitution of your country agrees with that description.
I hope you can see clearly now why you shouldn't bring your religious prejudices to the table when discussing other people.
Most especially when your religion has its own repulsive habits
Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by alfarouq(m): 7:10am On Mar 07, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Ok. But condemning a woman for getting pregnant out of wedlock is not religious slavery abi? I'm sure none among them has 9 years as the age of consent.
You should step out and see how you're defending child marriage now. Another person looking at your comments will consider you a repulsive creature who is a danger to young girls and fit only for jail. Even the Constitution of your country agrees with that description.
I hope you can see clearly now why you shouldn't bring your religious prejudices to the table when discussing other people.
Most especially when your religion has its own repulsive habits

Guy, you are confusing yourself, It is only people who have decided to subject themselves to be western slaves that think this way.

I assume that you are Nigerian, let us not use religion since you so much despise it to judge if giving birth out of wedluck.

Which culture or society in Nigeria does not frown against giving birth out of wedluck?

The only people who will see nothing wrong with it are those who have decided to be the allies and accomplices of evil people who want to destroy the morality left in our society. Those people always support the vices in the society.

You also did not answer my question.
By child marriage, which of the listed countries definition of child marriage are you referring to?
Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by BloomingDale(f): 8:09am On Mar 07, 2022
Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:19pm On Mar 07, 2022
alfarouq:

Guy, you are confusing yourself, It is only people who have decided to subject themselves to be western slaves that think this way.

I assume that you are Nigerian, let us not use religion since you so much despise it to judge if giving birth out of wedluck.

Which culture or society in Nigeria does not frown against giving birth out of wedluck?

The only people who will see nothing wrong with it are those who have decided to be the allies and accomplices of evil people who want to destroy the morality left in our society. Those people always support the vices in the society.

You also did not answer my question.
By child marriage, which of the listed countries definition of child marriage are you referring to?
In Igboland, if a man does not have a male child, he can decide not to give his eldest child out in marriage so as to produce heirs for him.
Queen Amina of Zaria was never married but she had children
Even in Yorubaland, there is the story of Olurombi who had an only child out of wedlock. Same with the Chief Priestess of Osogbo shrine.
Now, while it is not commonly acceptable for a woman to give birth out of wedlock in most cultures around the world and not only Nigeria, it is also not acceptable for a man to sire children out of wedlock in those cultures too.
However, your police rule book leaves out the men and subjects the women to that archaic law which has been defeated by our contemporary societal ethos.
Also, note that the Jalamiya is a male wear predominant among muslim men. May I ask why the Police boss has not approved it among the men, not to mention allowing suit and tie as we have policemen who are Pastors in Redeemed, winners etc.
All the countries actually but most especially Nigeria. None of them allow a child of six or nine to marry. It is called child marriage or have you not heard of the term before?
Re: Women Dress Code: Adopted, Approved In Line With International Practice - Police by alfarouq(m): 6:11pm On Mar 14, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

In Igboland, if a man does not have a male child, he can decide not to give his eldest child out in marriage so as to produce heirs for him.
Queen Amina of Zaria was never married but she had children
Even in Yorubaland, there is the story of Olurombi who had an only child out of wedlock. Same with the Chief Priestess of Osogbo shrine.
Now, while it is not commonly acceptable for a woman to give birth out of wedlock in most cultures around the world and not only Nigeria, it is also not acceptable for a man to sire children out of wedlock in those cultures too.
However, your police rule book leaves out the men and subjects the women to that archaic law which has been defeated by our contemporary societal ethos.
Also, note that the Jalamiya is a male wear predominant among muslim men. May I ask why the Police boss has not approved it among the men, not to mention allowing suit and tie as we have policemen who are Pastors in Redeemed, winners etc.
All the countries actually but most especially Nigeria. None of them allow a child of six or nine to marry. It is called child marriage or have you not heard of the term before?

Have been a little busy lately.

I don't know about the tradition in Igbo land but one thing I learn from my conversation i had with some igbo acquaintances, most of them perceive the act as immoral.

For the case of queen Amina of Zaria, I dont know where you got your own story that she gave birth to children, unless what you mean by having children is adopting or raising other peoples children.

I dont know nor have I had about Olurombi. What I know about yoruba culture (mums is yoruba) and from my interaction with them, a lady giving birth out of wedlock is frowned upon. Now for every rule, there is always an exception, but trust me, the exception here is very small.

Do not forget that men don't receive maternity leave even if they are legally married and their wives deliver thereby enjoying income that they have not earned nor have a good reason to. Notwithstanding, if the PSC decides that henceforth, they will dismiss any man who sires a child out of wedlock, I dont have any problem with it. On the contrary, if it is up for a vote and my vote will make the law not to pass, then be rest assured that those men are in for a long thing.

for the Jalamiya, if you read my previous post, you will know that I said religious actions are categorised into obligatory, prohibited, voluntary, discouregd etc. The position of Hijab and Jallabiya are not the same in Islam. Putting on the Jallabiya is not a compulsory act but using the Hijab is, just like going to the mosque to pray is compulsory for a man and not compulsory for a woman.

As Muslims,we can compromise on things that are not obligatory but never on things that are.

If the Pastors feel that not using tie and suit is an infringement on their right to practise their faiths, let them demand it but dont ask us not to demand our own rights especially when it involves things that can not be compromised.

Finally, do you know that Angelina Jolie got married at 14?, I bet you don't. She had to elope with her suitor to another country so as to get married at 14.

My question still stands, which age of consent do you refer to?, the one in US, Russia, Saudi, Israel, Maldives, Brazil or France?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cleric Gives List Of Boko-Haram Sponsors To David Mark / Barrister Festus Keyamo Shades PDP And Their Supporters On Twitter / Sagay Backs Danjuma’s Self-Defence, Says Law Allows Nigerians Defend Themselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.