Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? (1032 Views)

Ukraine Before Russia's Invasion In Pictures And Video / 150 Russian Officials Condemn Putin's Invasion Of Ukraine In Open Letter / In The Moment Of Russia's Invasion, Ukraine Tweeted A War Meme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by GeneralPula: 11:43pm On Mar 04, 2022
Everything..

They’re cursed agent from hell..
Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by GeneralPula: 11:46pm On Mar 04, 2022
kollinzgee:

America is not even the owner of California and new Mexico they stole it from Mexico.

That’s not true..

All the states in USA Today use to be a country before merging together to form USA..
Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by SouthWestBlood(m): 11:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
yankeecoder:
No, I read the part that says Russia invaded Ukraine because they want to join NATO. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've also read that international politics permits every sovereign nation to decide their future. Ukraine is a sovereign nation and by right can decide what to join and what not to join.

Apart from sovereignty, you should also read on what Russia did to Ukraine before they decided to want to be part of NATO. Most people are just supporting Russia blindly.

1 Like

Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by SouthWestBlood(m): 11:58pm On Mar 04, 2022
kollinzgee:

They built their country with stolen land and resources.

So why can't we build our own land that wasn't stolen with the resources that we now control?
Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by yankeecoder: 12:17am On Mar 05, 2022
yomexp:
guantanamo is a cuban territory that is still being occupied by Americans till today. What do you call that?

Let me answer... It's called annexation.

So it's ok when America annexes a part of another sovereign nation. But it's sacrilegious when Russia does the same thing?
Are you suggesting that any country with sufficient military might has the right to take out any other country simply because America did it in the past ? This is 2022 for crying out loud ! We are in an era of democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by Vicotex(m): 12:23am On Mar 05, 2022
mycar:

A very big lie again
I no argue with you, Mr false
Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by Vicotex(m): 12:25am On Mar 05, 2022
yankeecoder:
Are you suggesting that any country with sufficient military might has the right to take out any other country simply because America did it in the past ? This is 2022 for crying out loud ! We are in an era of democracy.
Let me hear word jor. The Syrians are still very recent in our hearts.

2 Likes

Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by Vicotex(m): 12:26am On Mar 05, 2022
SouthWestBlood:

Apart from sovereignty, you should also read on what Russia did to Ukraine before they decided to want to be part of NATO. Most people are just supporting Russia blindly.
Brother man, Russia did nothing

3 Likes

Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by Vicotex(m): 12:27am On Mar 05, 2022
GeneralPula:

That’s not true..

All the states in USA Today use to be a country before merging together to form USA..
You're a fucking liar.
California and Texas are Mexicans territories

4 Likes

Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by Wisfem: 12:29am On Mar 05, 2022
Vicotex:
OP, before you call anyone bots, I'd like to advice you to please do a thorough assessment of the current situation and how it all started.
I support Russia because what they're doing is good for them.

The west brought all this misfortune upon the Ukrainians

They west did not singlehandedly impose their self on Ukrainians rather they used some set of foolish persons to institute surrogate governance, those people do their wishes, those who opposed them like Luhansk Donetsk, where all called rebellions
And worthy to die, they unleashed terror on them, what Russia is doing now is to stabilize that country and allow real government to come in...

2 Likes

Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 05, 2022
yankeecoder:
I think you are lying. If that was the case, why didn't russia just send re-enforcement to protect Donbass ? Why the whole of Ukraine ?

Donbass isn't hostile to Russia’s interest and they aren't providing a base for NATO.

Research before you call someone a liar. Their issues didn't start when you bought an android phone. You might be able to understand why Russia is moving to Kyiv in the process

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by SarkinYarki: 12:37am On Mar 05, 2022
yankeecoder:
I have read a lot about the on going invasion here, a lot of comments and likes on posts are being made defending Russia, I have even seen people cheering Putin, are these people cool with the fact that Putin is threatening to use nukes and end all our lives ? Like Just because of one man, we all die ? Let's face it, Putin is old and probably doesn't have much to live for anymore, I assume majority of nairaland are below the age of 40, are they willing to end their lives this young just to satisfy one man ? I don't know much about international politics but I don't find this cool one bit !

So you believe a nuclear strike can end all life on earth? cheesy..you see why we say many of you are just media puppets cheesy cheesy. Do you know how many massive nuclear bomb test have been carried on earth by USA and Russia? How come you didn't die away then
Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by yomexp(m): 12:39am On Mar 05, 2022
yankeecoder:
am glad you agree that America did it in the past. But guess what? This is 2022 and America is still doing it. Guantanamo is still being occupied as we speak. But that doesn't justify what Russia is doing by the way.

However, great world powers do it for national security reasons and they don't answer to anyone. So why should the west be complaining when Russia is saying that NATO should not be expanding East. The point is Russia will not have a NATO country next door to its borders.

3 Likes

Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by yomexp(m): 12:47am On Mar 05, 2022
yankeecoder:
watch this programme if you have data
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7KSdFKB1sg
Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by Vicotex(m): 8:05am On Mar 05, 2022
Wisfem:

They west did not singlehandedly impose their self on Ukrainians rather they used some set of foolish persons to institute surrogate governance, those people do their wishes, those who opposed them like Luhansk Donetsk, where all called rebellions
And worthy to die, they unleashed terror on them, what Russia is doing now is to stabilize that country and allow real government to come in...
Exactly, but they won't report the truth

2 Likes

Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by Svlla: 9:51am On Mar 05, 2022
If you look at their very short history critically you will know America is a very big, greedy thief and her greeds are never satiated.

American has been sponsoring coups here and there and the most recent one is not even more than 2 years ago.....in the name of bringing democracy America has caused more death than the European plagues (black death) of the fourteenth century.

4 Likes

Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by ObamaMessi: 11:55am On Mar 05, 2022
mycar:

Then how come every Mexican wants to immigrate to USA? And I know deep down inside you, if America was our neighbor, you would have wanted them to annex your village and leave others out.

This is the major reason we produce bad leaders and tyrants
In fact I want U.S to annex my village.
Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by ken6488(m): 12:00pm On Mar 05, 2022
Only dumb people support nato

For years Russia hasn’t been keeping quiet
No they strike back

4 Likes

Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by yankeecoder: 12:15pm On Mar 05, 2022
Svlla:
If you look at their very short history critically you will know America is a very big, greedy thief and her greeds are never satiated.

American has been sponsoring coups here and there and the most recent one is not even more than 2 years ago.....in the name of bringing democracy America has caused more death than the European plagues (black death) of the fourteenth century.
I didn't even mention American in my post title and NATO isn't an American only thing, are you sure you are not one of those baseless Anti-America people ? Why are you blaming America ?
Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by yankeecoder: 12:19pm On Mar 05, 2022
ken6488:
Only dumb people support nato

For years Russia hasn’t been keeping quiet
No they strike back
How do you mean only dumb people support NATO ? And what has Russia been quiet about for years please ?
Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:25pm On Mar 05, 2022
yankeecoder:
I didn't even mention American in my post title and NATO isn't an American only thing, are you sure you are not one of those baseless Anti-America people ? Why are you blaming America ?

America is NATO, and NATO is America.

It was NATO that invaded Afghanistan, yet that war is described as "the American war in Afghanistan".

It is the same in every war that NATO has waged. They were American wars.

4 Likes

Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by jesmond3945: 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2022
yankeecoder:
I have read a lot about the on going invasion here, a lot of comments and likes on posts are being made defending Russia, I have even seen people cheering Putin, are these people cool with the fact that Putin is threatening to use nukes and end all our lives ? Like Just because of one man, we all die ? Let's face it, Putin is old and probably doesn't have much to live for anymore, I assume majority of nairaland are below the age of 40, are they willing to end their lives this young just to satisfy one man ? I don't know much about international politics but I don't find this cool one bit !
then let the west stop the provocation.

2 Likes

Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by yankeecoder: 12:48pm On Mar 05, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

America is NATO, and NATO is America.

It was NATO that invaded Afghanistan, yet that war is described as "the American war in Afghanistan".

It is the same in every war that NATO has waged. They were American wars.

America invaded Afghanistan after 911 attack, Afghanistan was serving as a safe haven for terrorists who attacked America on American soil. The scenerio is different here, Ukraine didn't attack Russian on Russian soil or elsewhere and Ukraine isn't habouring anyone who has attacked any Russian either. Please, I know what NATO is, It isn't America. I watched when NATO pulled out it's troops from Afghanistan, they were soldiers from different regions that belonged to NATO.
Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by ken6488(m): 1:14pm On Mar 05, 2022
yankeecoder:
How do you mean only dumb people support NATO ? And what has Russia been quiet about for years please ?
NATO expansion eastward towards Russia is not enough taking in Estonia, Latvia, they crossed the red line after Ukraine 2014 coup, and started genocides on eastern Ukraine because they are Russians,

That's where they cross the line

If I was Putin I would have done worse

3 Likes

Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:35pm On Mar 05, 2022
yankeecoder:
America invaded Afghanistan after 911 attack, Afghanistan was serving as a safe haven for terrorists who attacked America on American soil. The scenerio is different here, Ukraine didn't attack Russian on Russian soil or elsewhere and Ukraine isn't habouring anyone who has attacked any Russian either. Please, I know what NATO is, It isn't America. I watched when NATO pulled out it's troops from Afghanistan, they were soldiers from different regions that belonged to NATO.

NATO is a combination of forces doing America's bidding.

As for the current war in Ukraine, read about the Cuban missiles crisis. The United States planned to invade Cuba for the same reason that Russia had invaded Ukraine.

3 Likes

Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by Wisfem: 10:23pm On Mar 05, 2022
Vicotex:

Exactly, but they won't report the truth

The propaganda is to create negative impression about Putin so that when they assassinate him like Gaddafi the world will not see that as evil rather Putin will be demonized..

4 Likes

Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by Rubbiish(m): 10:36pm On Mar 05, 2022
Vicotex:

Let me hear word jor. The Syrians are still very recent in our hearts.
What about Syrians?
America caused the Syria war??
Many of u don't know anything

1 Like

Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by Vicotex(m): 6:03am On Mar 06, 2022
Rubbiish:

What about Syrians?
America caused the Syria war??
Many of u don't know anything
Yes they did

1 Like

Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by Rubbiish(m): 7:16am On Mar 06, 2022
Vicotex:

Yes they did
Bashar al-Assad caused the war in Syria, not America or any other country!
Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by Vicotex(m): 1:36pm On Mar 06, 2022
Rubbiish:

Bashar al-Assad caused the war in Syria, not America or any other country!
American caused it Mr man.
Shebi as Russia don come to thier aid America don hide thier head for Syria.

1 Like

Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by Rubbiish(m): 1:51pm On Mar 06, 2022
Vicotex:

American caused it Mr man.
Shebi as Russia don come to thier aid America don hide thier head for Syria.
Can u explain in a very short & simple term how US caused the Syria war? Many of u just see people spreading hate for America & just follow suit
Re: Are The People On Nairaland Supporting Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Real Or Bots ? by Vicotex(m): 3:37pm On Mar 06, 2022
Rubbiish:

Can u explain in a very short & simple term how US caused the Syria war? Many of u just see people spreading hate for America & just follow suit

To answer that you'll have to look at the bigger picture. Forget about toppling dictators (for that reason alone the king of Saudi Arabia would have been the nr. 1 target), forget about 'bringing democracy' (North Korea would have had priority over the relatively moderate government of Syria), forget about noble motives (after Iraq the US army should have had some embarassment about 0,5 million children being killed and should have grown much more restraint in repeating the military meddling in other countries , but there's not even an apology there), forget about Assad being evil (as long as the US can do business there's no problem with alleged evilness, remember again Saudi Arabia).

Before Isis was created in Syria there were no US troops there. They were pushed out of Iraq and one should think that if the purpose was to destroy Isis the US would have teamed up with the Syrian army. Which they didn't. In time there was even a new narrative: “Assad must go”. This narrative came in very comfortable with the revolt that already was at hand in Syria (mostly created by the likes of the Muslim Brotherhood and other fanatics) and so in the first 1,5 year we saw this strange situation that Assad on one side was fighting the so-called 'moderate rebels' and Al Qaeda offsprings and the US supposedly fighting the Islamic Caliphate. In time it became clear that the SAA was losing the fight while Isis was growing despite the US fighting them (yes, start to wonder why the most powerful and potent army in the world couldn't at least contain a bunch of extremists). When after 1,5 year Russia entered the field it became painfully clear that with a limited but well organized army group the extreme islamists could be defeated. It makes one think: the Russian army isn't really more advanced than the US army, yet the Russians made a difference while the Americans did not. Only after the Russians interfered the US began to make real progress.

So it's safe to think the US only made a show before the Russians came in (there's more than one complaint of pilots who had to drop their bombs in the empty desert) and after it they had to change strategy to safe face (the Russians booked results, so it couldn't be that they did not). The battlefield had changed and they had to adapt.

In time we learned that the US supported so-called 'moderate rebels', gave them money, information and weapons. When the Russians asked to designate the real opposition in order to separate them from the extremists the US couldn't answer this simple question. Very strange indeed because you should expect the Americans were well aware where the Al Qaeda-affiliates were located (remember 911? Maybe state enemy nr. 1?), but they were so fuzzy about that that the Russians ultimately cut the Gordian Knot: those who are fighting the legitimate government are terrorists and those who are willing to talk are opposition.

This is a brief oversight of the situation, but it should make clear that the US isn't there because of human rights, fighting terrorists or other noble motives. It's really there to stimulate chaos, rather than restoring order.

So … why would one want to create chaos? There must be some reason for creating chaos, because it's a costly business in which millions of dollars are spent, if not more.

To solve that riddle you can look back and forward. If you look forward the intended endresult of chaos is dividing the country, giving the Kurds the illusion of creating their own state, giving the sunni-extremists the illusion of a pure islamic state and maybe with some luck some other territories will arise because of the tribes. You'll end up with a powerless Syria which in the first place will not pose a threat anymore to Israel (remember Assad is the last Arab leader who at least plainly supports the Palestinians). Secondly, the Golan issue will no longer exist (and it's not just strategic territory: there's an enormous reserve of oil under the Golan Heights). Thirdly, Iran can forget about a pipeline to Europe. Fourth, Qatar can realize their dreamed pipeline, along with the Saudi's (a pipeline Assad is opposed to). And fifth: American business can benefit because when the US army wins in the end they have gained a lot of influence and thus a lot to say how things will be done.

So looking forward you see interests. Not for the benefit of the Syrian people of course, but those who are interested in this scenario are all lined up with each other (Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Israel). Because of ideological visions the US is allied with Israel, because of economic interests the US is allied with the Saudi's and Qatar. As long as their interests come together they will team up (for the time being religious motives seem to have been set aside, but one wonders for how long?).

So far for looking forward. So there's interests involved, business interests, business on a big scale scale but still business. Quite simple once you see it. For the moment it overcomes ideologic and/or religious factors. Among the many, many victims are also those islamic extremists who are really convinced they're fighting for their vision on Islam (no matter how despicable it may seem in our eyes), but are subsidized by those parties mentioned above and thus are just puppets in a greater game. They're being used, once the goal is reached the subsidies will dry up and they'll be left with nothing.

Now we're going to look back for an even bigger picture. Why had Gadhafi to be removed? Once he shook off his terrorist image he was kind of a 'good friend' with the West for a long time. Was it that he suppressed his people? Unlike the US president he could drive around in his capital in an open car, probably some bodyguards in the neighbourhood, but still, it wasn't that hard to point a gun at him if you really wanted to. Yet he could feel safe in those years, apparently, and maybe that had something to do with the work he had done for Lybia (look it up, in his last years it was the most prosperous country of Africa). Yet he had to be dethroned, here in the West the narrative was about those Arab Springs but guess what: after he was murdered Lybia jumped into a civil war and one side consists of … yep, Al Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood and the likes. You wonder where they get their money from to be so busy in multiple countries. But oh, money, did I say that Gadhafi did have plans to abandon the dollar and introduce an African currency? That wasn't very nice of him because since the 70's oil is traded worldwide in dollars and the dollar happens to be the US currency, which means that all transactions go through American banking systems. Which means in turn that America controls the transactions, has thus influence on the transactions and even earns some money on top of it and can calculate interest on top of that). So if Gadhafi's introduction of an independent African system would succeed that would have been bad for the US banking and corporate business. If you fantasize about it: his Lybian model could have eventually freed more African countries from their debt to the West and could have made them independent.

You can have similar thoughts on Saddam Hussein: he had plans to trade his oil in Euro's, thus bypassing the dollar. All those dollars are regulated by the central banks, which are connected to a handfull of families like the Rothchilds (yep, one has to mention them at least once). Now Lybia didn't have such a central bank, but shortly after the murder of Gaddafi, well, Lybia has one now. Iraq didn't have such a ‘Rothchild’ central bank (the name Rothchild stands in fact for a cluster of families, they're just the ones in the frontrow). And guess what: Syria's central bank isn't controlled by foreigners either (as in Iran, as in North Korea, they are just a few countries left without such a bank; begin to see a pattern?).

Now I don't know how they do it but this cluster of families gives tremendous loans to governments thus making them dependent and in cases these loans aren't being payed off because it takes all the effort to pay the interest alone. So in the end of the game it's not about oil or even money but the dependency of whole countries on this cluster of families, who can therefore influence the politics of a government and thus control the country. In short, it's about this kind of power. We ordinary people care about money, those kind of people look behind it.

So back to Syria, what the heck is the US army doing there? The boots on the ground will tell you a very idealistic story, I've read a story of an US soldier in Iraq that was very rational narrated, even with the chaos over there and the 0,5 million dead children and the creation of Isis it was still a ‘good invasion' in her eyes (yep, a woman, if you please). Never heard that it had to be Iraq because it was 'low hanging fruit' (the other options being Iran and North Korea). Never thinking about the fact that boots on the ground have to be inspired to do the dirty work so they have to be fed with a good & bad story, something that hits them in their ethics. I mean, how many German soldiers would have fought so hard for their Reich if they would have known that it was Hitler's sole purpose to get to the oilfields in the Caucasus. The boots on the ground were fed with the lie that the commies were pure evil and threatened their Lebensraum. But far away from the mud and the cold and the bullets Hitler desperately needed resources. And here comes the third layer: in order to get resources and fabricate and keep your industries working you need … money.

In those times the cluster around the Rothchilds already had a firm grip on European countries and that's one of the threads you need to understand why the Nazi regime hated the Jews so much. Anyway, Hitler needed money too and a large part he took from the Jews. I guess he didn't have a central bank.

So here are your layers. On the ground we see ordinary people with their honest beliefs, ethics, biases, ignorance, love for the country you're born in etc. No matter if you're educated, there's always an emotional weak spot that can be manipulated; that's where the information stream comes in, but since it's directed it's really propaganda. Onesided, distorted or flawed facts, lack of historical context etc. People begin to see an enemy, receive a gun and enter the battlefield in full conviction that their war is a just war. Just as they want it to see on the next level, the politicians use your emotional state to satisfy their own needs, whether it be gold in Africa or that Chinese-controlled oil refinery in Raqqa, Syria. What? The Chinese in Syria? Yup, just like the Russians had their companies in Iraq some years ago but they were wiped out of that country. Don't know if the Chinese are still there but it was quite convenient that Isis made Raqqa the capital of their caliphate.

So you can safely conclude in the top layer of all this it wasn't about the WMD (didn't exist), Al Qaeda in the middle east (not in Iraq as long as Saddam ruled), not about oil (there was no problem as long as Saddam traded in dollars), not about dictators (just read about Syria being the only secular country left in the region), but all about the monetary system and having corporate dominance.

It's ultimately Assad's fault to have an independent course and not willing to bow to the capitalistic hegemonic tendencies of the West, the US and behind that system the thrills and whims and purposes of those who control the money system. All Western countries have considerable debts and just think about it on your own level: if you're in debt because of a simple mortgage, who's really the boss? The bank or you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The US Blockade Against Cuba Is An Act Of War / JUST IN: Pres. Biden Indirectly Apologizes To Putin About His Putin Comment : / Corpse Of Russian Invaders (very Graphic).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.